OT: Who is still around?

Reaction score
Hey all

so I am a long time reader of this forum as many of you know and I just wanted to know who all is still reading and replying to topics here, folks from the old days? How many long time scummers still reading these posts? Sound off if you are still around (even occasionally).

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I bet there's more members that are just checking in and scanning through stuff quickly than those who actually post anymore. Social media has pretty much destroyed online message boards, sadly.

Reaction score
I try to check in daily but just mainly the photo and art boards now.

Reaction score
I prefer Rebelscum but as Chris said, social media has taken over.

I've been checking Rebelscum since I have gotten up in the mornings for years. Still do.

Reaction score
I wouldn't consider myself a long time member as there have been others far senior to my participation, but I don't sign in every day (because there doesn't seem to be anyone else here anymore), but I'm still around regularly. I didn't even have a Facebook account until seemingly everyone abandoned ship here. I hate to see the forums fading away.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is still my last stop every weekday morning before digging into work.

Reaction score
Honestly, this is the first time I have logged onto my RS account in months, if not over a year. I used to love it here, but when everyone seemed to jump ship to facebook, there just has not been much going on here. I do miss the old days, though.

Reaction score
I check the forum from time to time. Yeah I do miss the old days when you would have to check in everyday to see what is going on in Star Wars world. Social media has changed this.

Reaction score
Check the boards daily. It's quiet, but I'm not on social media.

Reaction score
I look in, but don't post. I've been out of the autograph game for a while. It's nice to see what everybody is getting!

Reaction score
I'll take Rebelscum over social media any day. Personally I don't care for Facebook and how it has become bias about certain things. But that's another story. For as long as RS exists, I'll be coming here and posting, not necessarily about autographs but about collecting in general.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I check Rebelscum daily, may not post daily but try to. I have NO (Z-E-R-O) social media accounts. I feel there is no need and will take these kind of forums all day over that crap.

Just an FYI, it is not isolated to this site. I belong to other sites as I also collect Game Used sports gear and autographs, and honestly they are ALL suffering from the same thing (lack of participation). I hate to say it but I will, clearly it is a generational thing. To me this and other forums are a very relaxing escape from my everyday life.

Reaction score
I've been here for several years but more of a lurker than poster. I wouldn't have the Star Wars collection I have now if it wasn't for all the great people here. I didn't even have a facebook account until maybe 4 years ago. The first time I realized that facebook was taking over was when everyone abandoned my Jaws message board. That's when I opened a Facebook account to see what all the excitement was about. I agree that social media has gotten way too big. I'd be happy going back to just message boards. Now I have to check Facebook constantly because I'm always missing out on great Star Wars autograph sales. I'm a lot poorer thanks to Facebook.

Reaction score
For sure. There's just something so much better and more fulfilling about message boards than the garbage social media has to offer.
The big problem with social media, and especially FB, is that it's full of trolls, and the good stuff gets buried really fast under tons of crappy topics and arguments. That is why I never left the forums. I am on FB but don't post too often.

Reaction score
I bet there's more members that are just checking in and scanning through stuff quickly than those who actually post anymore. Social media has pretty much destroyed online message boards, sadly.
+1

sad but true

Reaction score
I check here a couple times a week, I think lots of members moved over to SWAU, and forgot about scum

Reaction score
Hello still here. I still love rscum! Don't post here as much but I still check in and enjoy reading posts.

Reaction score
the place is just amazing, but be prepared it's heavy duty. I Loved it here but there was just not much happening in autographs-at least for me, and there it is nearly impossible to keep up, plus the knowledge there, what you can learn and the opportunities are staggering.
Gotcha, thanks!

Reaction score
You know, not every forum has been destroyed by FB/Social media. I'm on CGC forum which is still the main place for high grade comic and comic art discussion. It might be an anomaly of course, but I'm on FB comic sites as well and they really don't have a lot of the same level of interaction and ongoing community.

Reaction score
Yup, like Chris said, I check it nearly everyday — just don’t post very often.

Reaction score
I always keep coming back here, posting from time to time, just missing the old days when things were vibrant every day.

I am mostly into props, followed by autos for a close second. It is unfortunate, but I feel the two leading 1:1 scale prop companies eFx and Anovos have just ripped the soul out of collectors, leading to heavily diminished interest here on the RS!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I’m checking almost every day, it certainly is quieter than what it used to be

I prefer this forum to Facebook still but where it’s easier to post pics on Facebook it gets more content.

im looking forward to hopefullly seeing and getting involved in discussion around celebrate time

also the autograph thread in particular is dead and the sales don’t get much action, I used to check 3 or 4 times a day in case of a good deal being posted!

Reaction score
You can't beat this place. As long as the forums are here I will keep coming back. Not as often as I like, but I will take this community over a FB group anyday.