OT: Suggestion for more effective warnings

Tommy_Garvey

Reaction score
As most of you know, I've been going through threads working on the purge. Time and time again I see threads warning about scams and certain ebay sellers that are rendered useless because the seller's ID is never given. The post simply contains a link to an auction and a warning to stay away from them. Since I've had great success in my plea for people to include the thread title in their links, I thought I'd remind everyone that ebay auctions don't last forever and the seller's ID will be lost to time if it is not preserved here. So, in the future please try to include the Seller's ID in your warning. It'd really help out the collectors of the future.

Tommy

Reaction score
dirty ebay sellers as sticky is useful...

im in process with a guy who wont refund me for junk sh$t.

ill drop the whole conversation on here soon for name and shame purposes.... he asked for it really since he threated me with a negative feedback IF i leave him a well deserved negative.... and he banned me from his auctions lol im sure after my latest purchase from him and the attitude given on the subject i will be keeping well clear anyways and give you the same opportunity....

D. Martin

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It would be best to include the eBay user's id in the title so it can be found by using the search options.

Something like:

eBaySeller0875: Selling fakes

or

OneN5ripoffs: Shaun is at it again

Reaction score
Sharp said:
Yeah, can you give us the skinny on that James? All this fake stuff...keepin me up at night...
Holy thread revival! Now you're gonna make me dig to find that again.

I know there's fake Y-Wing bombs, AT AT chin guns, Falcon Ball and arms, Dagobah Foam, cardboard backdrops, and some other I can't remember off the top of my head.

Do your homework before you buy parts off the net from anyone not affiliated with this site or a trusted toy dealer.

James