OT: Stephen Calcutt in Star Wars?

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me more about his involvement in the films?
Believe he was a cantina alien also Vader stand in?

Reaction score
...someone here I think insisted he wasn't the fly, when I met him in RI last year he had no images of the cantina, of course I didn't remember to ask him. I hoped he was cuz it's a cool image. I opted for the ATST ROTJ shot, he was the Chewie in the walker long shots.

Last edited:
Reaction score
...someone here I think insisted he wasn't the fly.
Hey you're right (I updated my previous post). I found an online interview with him where he denies being Tzizvvt. There is an original John Mollo sketch that has Calcutt's name next to the character but is crossed out. He was probably meant to play the character but wound up not being assigned to it when it came time to film the cantina scenes.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey you're right (I updated my previous post). I found an online interview with him where he denies being Tzizvvt. There is an original John Mollo sketch that has Calcutt's name next to the character but is crossed out. He was probably meant to play the character but wound up not being assigned to it when it came time to film the cantina scenes.
I just made a friend ask him if he was Tzizvvt in the movie and his answer is "No! It was done with animatronics!". So there you have it: Calcutt was never Tzizvvt :(

Reaction score
...someone here I think insisted he wasn't the fly, when I met him in RI last year he had no images of the cantina, of course I didn't remember to ask him. I hoped he was cuz it's a cool image. I opted for the ATST ROTJ shot, he was the Chewie in the walker long shots.
He wasnt Chewie in th ATST long shots as he never travelled to America for filming. The confusion over this comes from the fact that Official Pix provided this image for him at a convention/signing and he didn't correct them. Stephen is a lovely man and probably felt he would have seemed rude!

The person who played Chewie in the ATST long shots (along with on the skiff etc) wa Daniel Zormeier.

Last edited: