OT: RS Fantasy Football Thread

Reaction score
I'm definitely in again for this one. And playing for a few bucks always keeps it interesting ;)
That Saturday is good for me, my home league drafts on Sunday 9/2 so no problem there.
Keeper leagues are cool, but you have to know that you are drafting for a keeper league at the start because it affects so much of your draft strategy. If you wanna do a keeper league, everyone would need to know and agree on it before this year's draft. You can't use last year's rosters, when people did not draft with keepers in mind, and let people choose keepers before this year. Just my opinion.
Thanks for setting up this league! I did terrible last year, but it was still fun!

Reaction score
I'm in again for this year. I can draft almost any evening with enough notice, though I'd prefer not on a Monday or Wednesday. As for throwing in some money, I'm agreeable either way.

Reaction score
I'm glad to see the reponse I've been getting from everyone both here and via PM! Apparently everyone had a pretty good time last year :)

Since there has been a fairly positive response to Saturday September 1st at 6 PM EST, I have gone ahead and scheduled the draft for then...if thats really bad for some one, let me know and we'll see what can be done...only issue is the week before is C6 and i don't know if people will be traveling etc...and then the season begins on the 5th..so...

Also, good response to doing a money league, any preference to $10 vs $20? Otherwise, I'll give it a little thought and let everyone know...

Reaction score
I'm in!!

Also, for the money, I am ok with 10 or 20. We should send the money via paypal and then when it is all done you can send the winner (me) his (my) cash!

Reaction score
Sorry I have not been on the ball about this too much lately guys...I've had alot of things going on last couple of weeks...still looking for one person to play that can draft of Sep 1st at 6 EST...once thats done I will deal with getting everybody's $20

Reaction score
Alright men! Things are really coming together now for the new year!

1. League is now full-two new members joined last year's group, and I'm very excited as I expect this year to be even better than last!

2. "Entry Fees"-as has been talked about in the thread over the last weeks or so, everyone seems to be in full agreement with throwing some money in the pot to keep things interesting. We talked about $10-20, and I decided on $20. If anyone has a significant concern with that, let me know. Everyone's 20 bucks will be due on 8/18/12. This is approximately 2 weeks before the draft, which gives everyone full assurance that they've paid in well in advance.

3. How to pay your $20?-well, I wanted to use LeagueSafe, since the other league I'm in uses it and its worked very well. HOWEVER, since this is not a new league, I don't think it will work. So, I guess everyone will paypal their money. As soon as the season is over (our last week is week 16, so say the following Tuesday), the top 3 teams will get their payout. The tier I was thinking of was this: 1st place gets 140, 2nd gets 60 and 3rd gets 40...again, any concerns regarding any of this, please write

4. Cbox is up on league page! Make it lively men! We'll all have more fun if you do!

5. Just a reminder-draft is Sept 1st at 6 PM EST-its a total re-draft, and I hope the conversations we get to have during it are as fun as they were last year!

I think thats everything for now...

Charlie

Reaction score
Guys, please don't send the paypal payments just yet...a couple of owners wrote me and expressed concern over paying their league fees that way...I understand the concern, and thats why I prefer to use LeagueSafe...SO, let me look into the matter a little further and see if I can't reach a better conclusion...

Reaction score
Hey, if anyone is interested in joining a 14 team yahoo FF league I just created, please message me and I'll send the invite and password. The draft is set for Friday, Aug 31, 9pm. I can also lessen the amount of teams if needed and change the draft day/time. Playoff weeks 14, 15, 16. qb, 2wr, 2rb, 1 te, 1 wr/rb, 1 k, 1 def., (5 bench players)

Reaction score
Hey, if anyone is interested in joining a 14 team yahoo FF league I just created, please message me and I'll send the invite and password. The draft is set for Friday, Aug 31, 9pm. I can also lessen the amount of teams if needed and change the draft day/time. Playoff weeks 14, 15, 16. qb, 2wr, 2rb, 1 te, 1 wr/rb, 1 k, 1 def., (5 bench players)
I hope you find people to play in your league, but please don't use this thread which is for an existing league to find members...

Reaction score
Everyone,

So I have done a little looking into things, and this is what I've determined:

1. Regarding "Entry Fees": In order to accomodate all of our owners I believe I have come up with the best possible solution to the matter. Since I don't believe LeagueSafe will work for us, and some people don't like the idea of using Paypal, we will not have "Entry Fees." Now, I am determined to have this league be an AMAZING league this year, one that will be fun for everyone. One way to make sure the league is of interest to everyone is to have a prize waiting for the winner at the end. With that in mind as the end goal, I am going to personally award $50-$100 to the winning team at the end of the season. I won't be able to give prizes for 2nd and 3rd place, but hopefully this is the best possible resolution which will make the league the best that in can be. As far as I'm concerned, its a small price to pay on my end to ensure everyone (including myself) has an extremely enjoyable season.

2. Proposed Ruling Change Regarding Draft: I would like to submit for proposal a change in the league rules regarding our draft. I propose we allow draft pick trading. I think this would add another layer of strategy to the league's dynamics and hopefully make it more enjoyable. Also, even if draft pick trading were allowed and you didn't take advantage of it, this change should be of benefit to you. Why? Well, in order to allow draft pick trading we have to change from a ESPN randomized draft order to an LM randomized draft order. What does this mean? Well, ESPN only gives out the draft order ONE HOUR before draft time. If I have the draft order randomized, everyone can know it in the next couple of days. This way you can spend as much or as little time as you like preparing for the draft knowing where you will draft, instead of having to prepare for every possible scenario. In order to randomize the order I would use this site: Fantasy Draft Order Generator.
NOTE: IF WE GO WITH THIS I WILL NEED ALL YOUR E-MAILS AGAIN SO YOU CAN RECEIVE THE ORDER FROM FFTOOLBOX

Edit: Please Post or PM Comments OR vote in poll on league page

Thanks,

Charlie

Last edited:
Reaction score
OK, sorry...I saw FF and thought I would see if anyone wanted to join a star wars themed league I just created. Good luck in your league guys.

Reaction score
Great! Sounds like we have some good support for allowing draft pick trading, if you haven't responded on that issue, lmk whether you're for or against it...

Also, if we do end up allowing it, I'm gonna need everyone's e-mails again so that when I get the draft order randomized everyone can get the confirmation/proof direct from the randomizer website

Reaction score
Based upon what I've gotten both here and through reaching out via PM, I've not had anyone disagree with allowing draft pick trading, and I've spoken with more than the majority, so I will make that rule change.

I just want to thank everyone who has gotten me their e-mails so far! I'm still missing e-mails from two people, and if I don't have your e-mail I've written you about it, so if you haven't got a pm from me, you're good. Now, I am planning on randomizing the draft order tonight or tomorrow. If I'm still missing your e-mail, you will get the confirmation forwarded to you from me....

Reaction score
Hey Guys! Draft Order was randomized this morning and will be input as we speak! Feel free to mock to your hearts content and entertain pick trades how and when you like....

"Charlie Arnett has used the FFToolbox.com random draft order generator for the You Rebel Scum, Its A Trap league. To verify the results visit this page: Fantasy Draft Order Generator
The following draft order was randomly generated for your league:
1 - Dragon Roll
2 - Wes H's Team (Name TBD)
3 - Brass Monkeys
4 - Team Margaritaville
5 - Team Bills Blitz
6 - Admiral Ackbar
7 - Peyton's Sticky Stem Cell
8 - Let The Wookiee Win
9 - Go Big Red
10 - James P.'s Team (Name TBD)
11 - Chocolat Frosted Sugar Bombs