OT: RS Fantasy Football Thread

Reaction score
Re: OT: Fantasy Football Anyone

Sounds good. I think this will be a nice change of pace from the other leagues I play in. And I know how it feels to be a LM-I'm LM of a 14 team league where we all get together and draft in person, and it can be a nightmare getting everyone to confirm/keep everyone happy lol! This league should be fun.

Reaction score

I am getting pumped for this!

Was our draft time at 6:45? Just want to make sure.

Reaction score

ackbar1138 said:
Sounds good. I think this will be a nice change of pace from the other leagues I play in. And I know how it feels to be a LM-I'm LM of a 14 team league where we all get together and draft in person, and it can be a nightmare getting everyone to confirm/keep everyone happy lol! This league should be fun.
So far this league has been amazing, no problems whatsoever! I have had only a couple of notable issues in my other league, one involved coersion between two owners (the league was all people that knew each other personally...) on a trade, which was vetoed, and both owners were severely warned that is anything like that happened again they'd be out. But yeah, we tried for a couple years to do a sit down everybody there draft...I just gave up! Someone has work, another person's son has a soccer game, but no regrets! I love the game no matter where or how I draft or how the league is set up.

Reaction score

Cperry06 said:
I am getting pumped for this!

Was our draft time at 6:45? Just want to make sure.
Yes, 6:45 PM EST THIS SATURDAY!!!! I can't believe it is so soon already!

Reaction score

It is true! The draft is tomorrow at 6:45 EST PM, I can barely believe it!

Reaction score

If anyone has any problems or questions you can post here, Pm me, write on the league page...

Reaction score

Ps u can get into the draft window 1 hour before the draft

Reaction score

Great draft last night guys! I did want to let u all know i put a chat box in on the league page...

Reaction score

Thanks for putting this together Charlie, It was good to chat with everyone there. Less than 3 weeks till football. Can't wait!

Reaction score

The season is here guys! May the best team win! Don't forget to set your lineups and have some fun playing the waiver wire and trading!

Reaction score

I just want to say good luck to all of you guys in the league. We're all counting on you.

Reaction score
Well everyone, it has been a fantastic (and somewhat odd season) in the NFL and Fantasy Football! I want to personally thank everyone that has played this season and say that everyone did a great job! Now its playoff time, and I want to give a special shout-out to the teams who made it to the next stage of the game...

1. Peyton's Sticky Stem Cell
2. Brass Monkeys
3. Let the Wookiee Win
4. Sugar Bombs
5. Team Bills Blitz
6. Team Margaritaville

May the best team win guys!

Reaction score
Good luck, guys. This is seriously the worst fantasy team I have every fielded! In my home league, played with my friends and family, I'm 12-0, and there is cash on the line in that league. That is the only consolation I have after being throttled by all you Scummers!

Reaction score
Nice, I made it!! My QB's have killed me this year. It should be a fun playoff. Can any one beat the ginat that is Peyton's Stcky Stem Cell????

Reaction score
Good luck, guys. This is seriously the worst fantasy team I have every fielded! In my home league, played with my friends and family, I'm 12-0, and there is cash on the line in that league. That is the only consolation I have after being throttled by all you Scummers!
Haha don't feel too bad...in my other league I'm really bad now (like I had Jamaal Charles, Run DMC, and Jahvid Best so I started ok, but down from there), it happens to the best and not always in every league (thankfully) all at the same time

Reaction score
Nice, I made it!! My QB's have killed me this year. It should be a fun playoff. Can any one beat the ginat that is Peyton's Stcky Stem Cell????
But once your in the playoffs, anything goes! Remember last year when the Seahawks beat the Saints...the playing field can turn quick on anybody! The one thing that someone did bring my attention to is that I believe that every team has a bye this week. I had not even noticed that, but I suppose that is what happened when we made it 6 playoff teams...I am sure it will all work out though, and I am still looking into it

Reaction score
Ok, so I just got off the phone with the espn fantasy people and apparently there was something that didn't quite work when the playoff setting and schedule was set and for some reason it did not enter matchups for this Week 13 (regular season matchup)...I CAN go in and manual give everyone a matchup, however, wins and losses WOULD affect the playoff standings. I won't do this without a majority of the league saying yes, so either here or on the league page in order for me to do that I need 6 members at least (as I will not vote to be fair) to say they want me to do that. I will send out e-mails too. Since there is a game tomorrow night, we would also have to determine this before say 7 PM EST tomorrow. Sorry for the delay in this, but I did not even realize the system screwed before today.

Reaction score
Alright so Ravenjack, Corey, Alex, Chris are all in for in, Gabriel said either way, and I believe there was also one yes vote on the poll before the other yes's came in so, I'd say that is pretty good, I would like to maybe get one more as we have a little more time but I will say this, please set your lineups like there will be a matchup this week.

Reaction score
Ok guys, matchups are set, I did end up with votes necessary...All I did was on the screen it gave me a list of teams and every pair was a matchup, so not much science to it lol, so idk whether teams have played each other or not, but this way I think it was as fair as could be (it was "random", well as random as it get anyway lol)

Reaction score
what kills me, is that im not gonna win my money league. 1000 bucks for first place, just missed it but im in the playoffs for some pay out. Had McCoy AND the Seahawks defense (picked up off the scrap heap for this game lol). Come on "get your investment back" 3rd place lol!

Reaction score
what kills me, is that im not gonna win my money league. 1000 bucks for first place, just missed it but im in the playoffs for some pay out. Had McCoy AND the Seahawks defense (picked up off the scrap heap for this game lol). Come on "get your investment back" 3rd place lol!
Man that sucks, 1000 bucks sure wouldn't hurt! But at least you can still make up what you put in!

Reaction score
"Playoffs?!"

Yes we are talking about the playoffs now! With the extra week, I have to say the standings did change, so the new standings (put RS ID's for congrats, didn't know all of them, so feel free to pat yourself on the back and let everyone else know who you are!):

1. Peyton's Sticky Stem Cell (MrBassett1)
2. Brass Monkeys
3. Let the Wookiee Win (charlie6127)
4. Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs
5. So Cal Flacco Seagulls (A_One)
6. Team Bills Blitz (Cperry06)

TROPHIES! Between now and the end of the season guys I am gonna assign the various league trophies. I would love to get some feedback and nominations, but if I don't I will award as I think fairest. So post nominations (and a short explanation) for trophies such as: Best Trade, Waiver Wire Champ, Best Original , Best Sleeper Pick, etc...

NEXT YEAR! I got some feedback and I think we definitely have interest to go again next year. I will just re-up the league and fill slots as necessary. My one question would be, do you guys want to make this a money league? Nothing big, maybe 10-20 bucks, but it will give us something to play for and keep us active...Let me know!

It has been great and I can't wait to announce the League Champ!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well with none of the four teams still in it having any players in tonights game, I can announce that the championship game will be Peyton's Sticky Stem Cell (MrBassett1) vs. Let the Wookiee Win (charlie6127). May the best team win!

I hope everyone has had a great season. I will be starting to assign trophies unless I get any nominations. Will post here and on the FF page.

Reaction score
Well guys, it has been a well fought season, but in the end, props are due to Peyton's Sticky Stem Cell (MrBassett1) who came out champion. Runner Up was Let the Wookiee Win (charlie6127) and 3rd Place to So Cal Flacco Seagulls (A_ONE)...

Congrats everyone and I look forward to next year!

Reaction score
I had a lot of fun this year with this. Obviously, it doesn't hurt that I won. Charlie, you and Anthony gave me a run for my money the last couple of weeks that definitely had me worried. When Forte, Fred Jackson, and Fred Davis all went down I thought I was done, but thankfully a couple of fill in's and overproductive weeks from people helped me out immensely. Thanks go out to everyone that participated and made it fun this year! And, oh yeah...I WON SUCKAS!

Now we can all get back to our normal auto collecting lives.

Reaction score
I had a lot of fun this year with this. Obviously, it doesn't hurt that I won. Charlie, you and Anthony gave me a run for my money the last couple of weeks that definitely had me worried. When Forte, Fred Jackson, and Fred Davis all went down I thought I was done, but thankfully a couple of fill in's and overproductive weeks from people helped me out immensely. Thanks go out to everyone that participated and made it fun this year! And, oh yeah...I WON SUCKAS!

Now we can all get back to our normal auto collecting lives.
I gave you a run for your money until this week when most of my players decided to play like ****....lol, but congrats man you earned it to survive injuries like that...helps to have Rodgers though

Reaction score
In every league I played in this year Rodgers was my first pick and people gave me hell for not taking a running back with my first pick. Last year was no slouch for the man, he's a beast!

Reaction score
In every league I played in this year Rodgers was my first pick and people gave me hell for not taking a running back with my first pick. Last year was no slouch for the man, he's a beast!
I had Rodgers last year, kept him and then traded him right before the season started in my keeper... :( ....to say the least that characterized my entire season in that league...

Reaction score
Alright guys!!!! Its a new year, and its getting closer to time to get things in place for the upcoming fantasy year! Its always best to start early when, ideally, you want to have 12 people's schedules match for a live draft!

That said we need to start thinking of a draft date...since injuries in the preseason can really screw a team, everyone hates drafting too early...I was thinking of late August/early September (sometime after C6 maybe)...does Saturday 9/1/12 work for people at 6 or 7 PM EST? First game is 9/5/12...

Also, is there interest in throwing a little money in the pot this time around? It would be a small money league, say 10-20 dollars per person, but that would give people a little somthing to play for...

My plan is for a total re-draft unless everyone and they're brother is bent upon some kind of keeper league :)

I'll be writing everyone whose RS IDs I know that were in the league...I don't know all of them so, if I haven't written you, PLEASE write, I want to make sure who is playing and what players need to be replaced...

I suspect there may be 1-2 teams that may need new owners (and thats not a bad thing since its total re-draft :) )...I have at least one person who said they'd be interested in playing, but, if you aren't already in the league and REALLY want to be and you really love fantasy football, PM me

League is re-activated, link below...

You Rebel Scum, It's A Trap! League Office - Free Fantasy Football - ESPN