OT: RS Fantasy Football Thread

Reaction score
Yes I know about the labor issues, but whenever it starts, we will have a season...I have been doing this now for seven years, and I want to start up a league with my fellow Scummers! It would be PPR and potentially keeper league. Looking for people who love football and are willing to commit the time to really giving it all to win, I want competitive fantasy footballers, so if you think that you will stop setting your line up and not work the waiver wire mid season this is not for you...Please message me if interested, I would like to do a live online draft...It would be an ESPN league and I want 9-11 Scummers not including me.

Thanks,

Charlie

Reaction score
Re: OT: Fantasy Football Anyone

I'm in! Free league or pay? lmk.

Reaction score

Bumping up this thread now that the lockout is over and football is on, it is time to prepare for the new fantasy season.

I still need at least three people, and I have three people who have not accepted their invite, so I hope to get the league filled by week's end.

I have tentively set the draft for Saturday August 20st at 6:45 PM ET. If anyone has a problem with this time, write me, I will do the best I can to accomdate everyone, but with 12 different people, it isn't easy, so, we shall see.

Charlie

Reaction score

That should work. If something happens to my schedule closer to the date, I'll let y'all know. SO pumped for the season.

Reaction score

If you have room, I'll join. Did it the year before and had a blast.

Reaction score

Still need one more guy, hoping to get someone from the autograph section, but if not, we will still fill the league with someone from rebelscum...Thanks to everyone who is going to play this year!

Reaction score

A lot of Free Agency activity already. It's going to be tough for some of the mid round draft choices.

Reaction score

To everyone who is playing,

Here is a question for everyone: would you all be willing or want to move the draft back one week to August 27th (Saturday) at the same time? With the late start to the season, this would at least give one more week for things to settle themselves...

Please let me know if this is good with everyone's schedule...

Charlie

Reaction score

Not fine with me. I am going to Fan Expo that weekend, please keep it the same - I really want to be able to draft this year!! (I was out of town for the draft last year and had a terrible team all season).

Reaction score

Cperry06 said:
Not fine with me. I am going to Fan Expo that weekend, please keep it the same - I really want to be able to draft this year!! (I was out of town for the draft last year and had a terrible team all season).
Ok that's fine we'll leave the draft on the 20th. It is more important for people to be able to make the draft. They are starting the pre-season on time from what I know (correct me if I'm wrong) so everything should be fine. Draft will remain on 20th
Look forward to seeing everyone there!

Reaction score

Yeah I felt bad for that draft for ya Corey. I kept hoping you'd pop up in there when we did it!

Keeping the time to whatever date is fine with me.

Reaction score

Yes, I was away that day and it was terrible. I did get some wins at the end of the year because I was able to pick up some guys that started to do well, but it was a terrible opening and I could never recover.

MrBassett1 said:
Yeah I felt bad for that draft for ya Corey. I kept hoping you'd pop up in there when we did it!

Keeping the time to whatever date is fine with me.

Reaction score

Guys

I was just going through the league settings and realized it is only set to have four teams go to the playoffs, so I changed it to eight for now. Let me know what you guys think.

My experience has been in 12 team leagues by having more team in the playoffs, typically the league is more active overall, and more importantly it remains active latter in the year.

Thanks and Can't wait,

Charlie

Reaction score

So, besides fun, what do we have at stake . . .?

I think the winner should get something special at C6!

Reaction score

Cperry06 said:
So, besides fun, what do we have at stake . . .?

I think the winner should get something special at C6!
AGREED! I think there should be a ceremony and a crown presented to the winner as all the other non-champions (some might call them the losers) bow down to him....haha

Reaction score

You should do 6 playoff spots for a 12 man league. The top two seeds get a first round bye. 8 teams in the playoffs in a 12 man league is way too many IMO.

Reaction score

ackbar1138 said:
You should do 6 playoff spots for a 12 man league. The top two seeds get a first round bye. 8 teams in the playoffs in a 12 man league is way too many IMO.
I was between 6-8, if more people want six, then I will change it, so lets post opinions, I always want feedback in leagues!

Reaction score

I checked out those scoring settings and they are pretty crazy! Do you usually play like that? I would rather play under more standard scoring, but I'm game if everyone else wants to do it. Everyone just needs to check them out because they should definitely affect how you draft your team.

I hate to sound like I'm complaining about stuff-it's your league and I am willing to play under whatever rules you decide on. I just wanted to offer my opinions. I look forward to the draft and this league regardless of what rules are decided on.

Reaction score

ackbar1138 said:
I checked out those scoring settings and they are pretty crazy! Do you usually play like that? I would rather play under more standard scoring, but I'm game if everyone else wants to do it. Everyone just needs to check them out because they should definitely affect how you draft your team.

I hate to sound like I'm complaining about stuff-it's your league and I am willing to play under whatever rules you decide on. I just wanted to offer my opinions. I look forward to the draft and this league regardless of what rules are decided on.
Don't worry! I always want feedback

I have two leagues which I LM for and the scoring settings are exactly the same. That said, absolutely, people need to be familar with them, they are different from a normal league, and should absolutely affect your draft!

When I originally posted for the league I did say it is ppr (point per reception), so hopefully that is already know. I will for convenience run down some of the other differences:

ALL TD 6 points, including QB
PPR
Bonuses for Team Wins
Bonuses for 100 and 200 Yd games
Bonuses for 40 and 50 Yd Plays
No Points Regarded for Yard Totals on D, only Point Totals

I think those are the important ones