OT Obscure Character Choice (The One To Rally Behind Next)

Reaction score
Today marks two months since we lost our good friend, Kevin (Kev)). Sad to see it is now that the PGM gifts from last year are starting to ship, months after the time they were supposed to be with us, and Kev never got to have his. Kev was very supportive, pushing for the making of Amanaman, which now will be with us soon. Guys, those of you getting that bust don't forget it was in part thanks to the effort made by some folks here, and that of Kevin that our voices were heard and the mini bust went into production.

As l promised Kevin I would do, I will keep pushing for Tessek to be made, even when it seems GG looks the other way. I invite everyone of you that voted in this thread making Tessek/Squidhead the winner to give the mini bust one more push today for ourselves and for Kev. Thank you.

It’d be great to see this made, I’m happiest when they make a character they’ve not done before. :D
Thanks Julian, I’ve posted the first poster a few times so far, basically going to post it every time there’s a Star Wars post from Gentle Giant until he gets announced as a mini-bust or I die..., I’m committed. ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
One more time, as I do every month, here is another push to the top for the Squid Head mini bust to be made AND for Kevin's memory. Unlike the Solo Maul claimed to be made by "Popular demand" the Tessek mini bust was in fact requested by popular demand and won our votes here plus plenty of voices were heard on Facebook rooting for this character since June 1st 2018

EXTRA! ... EXTRA! READ ALL ABOUT IT :)

- ( AP) After one month of exhausting voting and long lines at the voting places, SquidHead AKA Tessek was declared the winner once the cut off date of June 1st went into effect last year. No Russian interference as far as our experts were able to tell, which was a plus:

********* OT OBSCURE CHARACTER CHOICE WINNER *********

- Squid Head - LightSword

- Squid Head - kevb0977

- Squid Head - SexxyDrumerBoy1

- Squid Head - Sith74

- Squid Head - Kneel_Before_Zod

- Squid Head - PurpleLightsaber

- Squid Head - calrissian19

- Squid Head - The_kessel_run

- Squid Head - catch

- Squid Head - DarthWenger

- Squid Head - ATATDRIVER

- Squid Head - Santiago1970

- Squid Head - Dr_Jedi

- Ephant Mon - MaxGoof

- Ephant Mon -Turbowars

- Ephant Mon - cannoneer

- Ephant Mon - jwh1974

- Ephant Mon - Maxattack106

- Ephant Mon - deathstar1000

- Ephant Mon - Sith_Apprentice

- Duros - BenObi_70

- Duros - Django

- Duros - SpecialOpsUnit

- Death Star Droid - Hellboy

- Death Star Droid - Imrahil2001

- Death Star Droid - Armitage

- Gold Leader - Clone_Wolf

- Gold Leader - bighead5

- Yarna d'al' Gargan - Jedi534

- Melas - Co_Jo_Dai

- Rancor Keeper (Malakili) - ihnken33

- Ponda Baba - DC1376

- Cloud Car Pilot - Mechleader

- Willrow Hood (Ice Cream Guy) - BithBandLeader

- John D. Branon (Red 4) - disgruntledjawa

- Snowtrooper1138 - Brock Starsher

Last edited:
Reaction score
Bringing this one back to the top as I do every month on the fifth, for my late friend Kevin and for the rest of us that want to see the Tessek/Squid Head mini bust made. GG, if you are reading this, any hint of this item being considered to be made would be great to know. Thank you.

Reaction score
One for time as the year comes to an end, and as I do every month, I'm bringing this post back up. It's a personal effort to have the mini bust made one day, and a promise I made to my late friend Kev. A promise made is promise kept ...

Winner of our internal voting here since June of 2018, a year and a half ago: SQUIDHEAD/TESSEK

Reaction score
The fact that a Quarren was prominently featured in the very first scene of Mandalorian Chapter 1 might help boost your cause.
I certainly hope so. Maybe one day not so far away, GG will surprise us all with a Quarren mini bust. I hope yours are words of wisdom, MrPickles.

Reaction score
A new year and, once again, I'm bringing this thread back up as I do every month. An effort to push for Squid Head AKA Tessek to be made as a mini bust. Nineteen (19) months have now passed since Squid Head got the most votes here, folks! So, here the thread goes back up for all of us that want to see him made, and especially for my good friend Kev who unfortunately is no longer with us. Make it happen GG/DST, please.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sign me up for one !
Ha! Hank, you've been signed up since June 1st 2018 when the votes were counted and Tessek/Squid Head came out as the winner. Here is proof! Make it happen, GG!

********* OT OBSCURE CHARACTER CHOICE WINNER *********

- Squid Head -
LightSword

- Squid Head - kevb0977

- Squid Head - SexxyDrumerBoy1

- Squid Head - Sith74

- Squid Head - Kneel_Before_Zod

- Squid Head - PurpleLightsaber

- Squid Head - calrissian19

- Squid Head - The_kessel_run

- Squid Head - catch

- Squid Head - DarthWenger

- Squid Head - ATATDRIVER

- Squid Head - Santiago1970

- Squid Head -
Dr_Jedi

- Ephant Mon - MaxGoof

- Ephant Mon -Turbowars

- Ephant Mon - cannoneer

- Ephant Mon - jwh1974

- Ephant Mon - Maxattack106

- Ephant Mon - deathstar1000

- Ephant Mon -
Sith_Apprentice

- Duros - BenObi_70

- Duros -
Django

- Duros - SpecialOpsUnit

- Death Star Droid -
Hellboy

- Death Star Droid - Imrahil2001

- Death Star Droid - Armitage

- Gold Leader - Clone_Wolf

- Gold Leader -
bighead5

- Yarna d'al' Gargan - Jedi534

- Melas - Co_Jo_Dai

- Rancor Keeper (Malakili) - ihnken33

- Ponda Baba - DC1376

- Cloud Car Pilot - Mechleader

- Willrow Hood (Ice Cream Guy) - BithBandLeader

- John D. Branon (Red 4) - disgruntledjawa

- Snowtrooper1138 - Brock Starsher

* And even after the counting of the votes was closed, I heard from other collectors that missed the voting wanting to see the mini bust made. It will sell, GG.

Reaction score
One more time as the monthly reminder Squid Head has been wanted by many collectors for a long time.

Reaction score
velken-tezeri-18188.jpg

My real vote would've gone to this guy. Why you man ask? Well for one, you said obscure. Secondly, we've never had a single human skiff guard made outside of Lando himself. But lastly and most importantly, he's the only character needed to complete the "hero" skiff. We have Luke, Chewie, Han Solo, Lando, the standard Weequay, the Weequay Skiff master, Kithaba, and Vedain the driver. If they just give us this dude and we'll have all nine aboard the first skiff. It'll be complete. Issue is, I don't think he has a name. Just call him "Human skiff guard" until they concoct some name.

The second skiff is the one that's really hurting. With Hasbro's seeming hesitation to make human skiff guards/Jabba goons, that skiff has three humans...three I'm not so sure will ever be made.

Reaction score
My real vote would've gone to this guy. Why you man ask? Well for one, you said obscure. Secondly, we've never had a single human skiff guard made outside of Lando himself. But lastly and most importantly, he's the only character needed to complete the "hero" skiff. We have Luke, Chewie, Han Solo, Lando, the standard Weequay, the Weequay Skiff master, Kithaba, and Vedain the driver. If they just give us this dude and we'll have all nine aboard the first skiff. It'll be complete. Issue is, I don't think he has a name. Just call him "Human skiff guard" until they concoct some name.

The second skiff is the one that's really hurting. With Hasbro's seeming hesitation to make human skiff guards/Jabba goons, that skiff has three humans...three I'm not so sure will ever be made.
For one I asked for an "obscure" character 1 1/2 years ago and people had over a month to vote, which they did. Votes were counted and it ended up being Squid Head, which happens to be what? ( insert drum roll here ) ... an obscure character. I can understand your preference for a Skiff Guard, and that's great, but the thread pretty much became a push for a Squid Head/Tessek mini bust once the votes were counted and he won, even more once a a friend to this community, Kevin, died of cancer without being able to see his wanted character made. If you would have voted for a Skiff Guard then, I would have gladly added your name to the list as other folks were added even for the ice cream guy. I'll offer you a suggestion that might work for your cause as it is working for Ryan and the Rancor Keeper ( Malakili) he wants made : create a thread to vote for the Skiff Guard, and I'll happily offer you my support by adding my name to the list as I am an OT collector and would love to see a Skiff Guard made. But, this thread is for Squid Head (an obscure character), and as the votes of our fellow collectors here show to be. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
One more time as I do every month for those of us that have wanted this mini bust for years, and for Kevin (Kev). Maybe one day it will happen, maybe not. But I won't give up trying, even if it means going against the odds. A promise made is a promise kept.

Squid Head /Tessek Mini Bust: Officially requested by collectors through this thread since 2018

Reaction score
I'd love for someone to post the Tessek posters to Gentle Giant the same way I'm doing it with the Rancor Keeper! Tessek should get more of a push outside of this forum!

Reaction score
Imagine this, Ryan: Tessek and Malakili as PGM "gifts" for this year. They will surely make a few people renew their memberships, just for those two. Maybe that's what they're planning.:D

Last edited:
Reaction score
It would be a day to light up the cigars and bring out the cognac. Unfortunately, life never tells you about the road ahead, so anything could happen. Well, unless you are someone in the know, hiding somewhere and laughing at all our wishful thinking. I know that happens. ;)