OT Number for KEBco Toys!

Reaction score
Has anyone considered or know of any possiblities of filing a Class Action Lawsuit against Kebco? Anyone know a lawyer or have a friend who knows one? Maybe run our situation past them and see what they think.

What Kebco has done is very wrong and obviously must be illegal. They owe me roughly $350 and I know for sure that I never agreed to a "NO REFUND" contract, who would agree to that?!

Reaction score
It might be worth a shot for those with a dispute to file a complaint with the district attorney of the city and Office of Attorney General of the state Kebco operates from. The key is getting enough people to make a beef to show a pattern of possible unlawful/unethical practice by Kebco.

Search the net for addresses and make sure to include dcumentation when you write. (Yes, folks, snail mail!).

Reaction score
Great, and I just bought something from Kebco. I wonder if they are any more apt to follow through w/ their auctions.

Reaction score
Well, I have just filed a complaint with the BBB.

I had been a supporter of kebco in the past. They were always slow to answer emails and their attitude bordered on smug at times, but they were reliable with sending the figures and always got me my figures at a decent price. They would also hold some figures until there were several accumilated for a big shipment, which helped save on shipping. So I appreciated their service.

Then I quit their club (just because I couldn't afford one of every figure any more, my budget wouldn't allow it.) and the communication basically stopped. My Visa reversed a couple of recent charges but I am still owed a little under $100. The BBB says to allow for 30 days.

If things arent resolved through the BBB and someone else out there wants to spearhead a lawsuit, I'd add my name to the support. As it is now, it wouldn't be worth the $100 I'm owed, but I would guess that's what kebco is counting on. We shall see.

Reaction score
Their not even selling episode 3 stuff. no pre orders, nothing. very strange. the newest thing they have up there is the episode 3 sneak preview figures.

Reaction score
Some updates.

I received a reply from bbb. They have closed my case as Kebco did not respond

If you check bbb now on Kebco's results, they have many unresolved cases. Looks like bbb won't be able to help.
I have also tried reaching kebco through ebay. I won an item and guess what, I got instant response! They send me invoice (not the autoreply one, meaning that they are active!) However here is what I got from a Donna after expressing my intention (i.e. get my money back):
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
Joe,
I am a different part of the KEBco Team. I do not work with your store orders or with your club orders. I will however pass your message on to Mr.
Barnette.
I am sorry you have not gotten an answer before now.
Donna

[/QUOTE]
And yes, after they learned of my intention, they would not respond anymore... I asked Donna for Mr.Barnette's contact number and got no response...
I think my hopes of getting my money back is almost gone... I am going to report them to IFCC as well... I encourage all fellow collectors who have been tricked by evil Kebco to do the same. Here is the link: http://www.ifccfbi.gov/cf1.asp

Reaction score
I do encourage all Kebco victims to report to IFCC. They are co-sponsored by the FBI and NW3C:

The Internet Fraud Complaint Center (IFCC) is co-sponsored by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C). Complaints filed via this web site are processed and may be referred to law enforcement/regulatory agencies for possible investigation. Any investigation opened on complaints filed on this web site is opened at the discretion of the law enforcement/regulatory agency receiving the complaint information.

Here is their website again:
http://www.ifccfbi.gov/cf1.asp

I have filed mine in already. May the Force be with us.

Reaction score
Hide, I think at this point you need to contact the police in Atlanta to report this theft.

Reaction score
profjeff138, I did, and the investigator at Atlanta PD told me that Newnan is not in their jurisdiction... so I contacted the Newnan PD and reported this case. I am also reporting this to IFCC because I wouldn't want to see Kebco getting away with their crime. I would try all the resources I can.

Reaction score
Any reply from the Newnan PD?? Kebco still owes me about 200 bucks.
So I'm in same boat as you guys or gals. I'll keep you posted on my status...Drew.

Reaction score
This just proves why KEBCO SUCKS!!!!

They don't really care about the customer ...just taking your money & running............

Reaction score
hide said:
Some updates.

If you check bbb now on Kebco's results, they have many unresolved cases. Looks like bbb won't be able to help.
it would seem that if the case was closed by the bbb because of 1 side not responding that the case would lean in favor of the party issuing the complaint. that's how ebay et al policies work.

if it were my complaint, I'd contact the bbb directly and talk to a live person about the situation.

Reaction score
R1G4R3PO said:
hide said:
Some updates.

it would seem that if the case was closed by the bbb because of 1 side not responding that the case would lean in favor of the party issuing the complaint. that's how ebay et al policies work.

if it were my complaint, I'd contact the bbb directly and talk to a live person about the situation.
The BBB can't force any type of legal action.

Reaction score
I think BBB just serves as an indicator of how well the merchant deals complaints/dispute. In Kebco's case, I think the results now indicate that they do SUCK.
Yesterday I received confirmation from IFCC that they have received my complaint and that they are reviewing it.

" It is the IFCC's intention to review all complaints and refer them to law enforcement and regulatory agencies having jurisdiction."

If any of you is filing a complaint with IFCC, please let me know. I will give you my information to put on the witness/victim section. Lets unite together and fight this scum. Don't let them get away with their crime.

Reaction score
I'd also recommend filing a complaint with your state's Attorney General's office. They have been very successful helping me when I was trying to get money back from a company that owed me a refund but mysteriously kept losing my paperwork (Philips Electronics).

Reaction score
I went through this same nightmare. I had been a customer for a couple years without any real problems, then things went horribly downhill last year. I had some figures that were charged a 50% deposit and stayed in "processing" for over A YEAR.

Anyway, after not being able to get in touch with them by phone or email, I sent a final email outlining how I intended to spend the upcoming weekend. It involved filing a complaint to every agency I could think of (and I listed them), contacting my credit card company, and getting my materials together to go to small claims court on Monday morning and get the ball rolling on a claim.

I had a full refund for all outstanding figures in a matter of days. So it may be worthwhile to send an email, with a header that's sure to get his attention, and let him know that he's about to be on the receiving end of legal action. If it works, it's a lot easier than actually having to follow through with it, and if it doesn't, you're no worse off.

Reaction score
stevenmh, you are very lucky indeed. I tried (and am sure that some of us also did) the exact same tactics, twice as well. No response from them whatsoever. And at least your figures were "in process"... most of mine were "on hold"! meaning that I have paid for them in full... and they are still selling a lot of those on ebay now...

Reaction score
I recommend someone create a new eBay ID, win all of KEBco's auctions, and never pay for any of them.

Reaction score
rassmguy said:
I recommend someone create a new eBay ID, win all of KEBco's auctions, and never pay for any of them.
^^^^^ Better than that, I say, win a few auctions ($200-$300) worth, send them a MO, but cancell it the next day, that way you get the stuff you "won" on auction, and they in turn get screwed out of the product.

Reaction score
hide said:
stevenmh, you are very lucky indeed.
It sounds like it. I got my refund in mid-February, and it sounds like they've hit an even lower low since then. Also, the OTC line is where I broke from my completist effort, so I didn't have to scrambles so much to try and find everything elsewhere. Most of what I missed through the club and still wanted I found fairly easily elsewhere.

The only thing I can imagine is they think SW may not last much longer, at least toy-wise, and they're trying to shift away from it and create some diversity. I don't know why else you wouldn't care if all your SW customers end up hating you and your name is taken in vain across the fandom. I can remember when I was also a member of their Transformers One of Every Figure Club a couple years ago. I ended up cancelling it, because they fell so far behind. I was finding stuff in the store that I hadn't yet been charged 50% for. Scott told me that it was because they were so wrapped up in the SW club. Now it seems to be the opposite... all these different toy lines and DVDs, and the SW Club has gone down the drain.

I feel your pain. Best of luck to everyone trying in getting their situation resolved.

Reaction score
More updates:
I file a complaint at www.ftc.gov and got a respond from an agent. Apparently the case has been entered into FTC shared law enforcement data system. I think we are getting somewhere now. I urge every KEBco victim to file their cases here as well. Anyway, here is the response from the agent:

Thank you for your recent letter concerning your complaint.

The Federal Trade Commission's Mail or Telephone Order Rule covers goods you order by mail, telephone, computer, and fax machine. By law, a company should ship your order within the time stated in its ads. If no time is promised, the company should ship your order within 30 days after receiving it. If the company is unable to ship on time, the company must give you the choice of agreeing to the delay or canceling your order and receiving a prompt refund.

Information from your letter has been added to our computerized reporting systems, which is used by the staff to determine actions that will benefit all consumers. As a federal regulatory agency, our role is to identify those companies that consistently violate consumers' rights and then correct those violations through appropriate law enforcement action. Meanwhile, the Attorney General's office in the state where the company is located may be able to assist you.

We appreciate your interest in writing to us.

Sincerely yours,

Consumer Response Center

Reaction score
GAH!!! Count me as another one bit by them (at least tentatively). Just like everyone else, I had been a member for a few years without too many hiccups. Then late last year I cancelled (cost issues, not really service), but told them to just finish sending the figures I had paid a deposit for. This would basically cover me through the 2005 OTC figs. I really didn't keep that good of a track of figures,b ut yesterday I went through trying to organize my collection with the new Ep3 stuff I'd been picking up, I realized they never sent me OTC 21-25, 29 and up and only Yarua from the OTC 2005. So I checked my account and I've paid for all the OTC 2004 and had it stuck in pending since December. And I've paid my 50% on all the OTC 05 figures.

Since, I've tried to contact them (busy and no reply via e-mail) and gotten up to speed on other problems people have been having. Man, I hope I'm not out my $150 and end up getting screwed and have to pay scalper prices for this stuff. But I realize its not looking good.

What really sucks is that I joined because it was really hard to find a few figures and I didn't want to have to pay premium on those. (Like Ephant mon). So instead of having to pay premium on 3-4 figures a year, I now have to do that on like 30 figures!! Thanks a lot!!!

Reaction score
Yeah when I withdrew last year I just "LOST" all of my deposits. It was quite a bit of money.

Reaction score
I just placed an order with them on 5/11 and it has been an absolute mess. After reading this thread I have decided to just go ahead and cancel my order. I will track down my item somewhere else.

GNT

Reaction score
jimmy1rangers said:
This is a follow up to the other posts about Kebco Toys, I ordered an unleashed stormtrooper back on April 11, 2005. They sent one email thanking me, and I sent numerous follow up emails about shipping. They charged me $8.50 for a deposit. I tried emailing the store and their ebay account with no luck. Only last week when I threatened to make a fraud complaint with MC did they respond but they still haven't given me my money back. I have a bad feeling a lot of people are going to get screwed soon with these guys.
Jim

Reaction score
i just want to let everyone know that after months of emailing various authorities and kebco themselves, i finally got some of the figures back today in the mail... all of the VOTCs except stormtrooper... a lot of OTCs and a few saga ultras... they cancelled a lot of the figures on me and said that they will refund me on those later... fingers crossed...
anyway, i consider myself lucky on this one, and i hope everyone else will eventually get back what kebco owes them...
may the force be with us all...

Reaction score
With all the complaints about KEBco...how do they not have "one" negative feedback as an ebay seller. Classic...they must have their wires crossed somewhere.

Reaction score
OCtrooper said:
With all the complaints about KEBco...how do they not have "one" negative feedback as an ebay seller. Classic...they must have their wires crossed somewhere.
^^^^ No, I've been looking at there eBay sales for about 9 months now, and they scalp all of the new product that they get, they did it it with the OTC and Sneak preview wave. Notice that they dont have any EPIII figures, on eBay, and I have not heard of anyone getting there EPIII figs from them yet... That can only mean one thing... There done for, and selling off whatever stock they have. I'm willing to bet that they have filed for Ch. 13 protection. I dont see how they can still be in business, with all of the complaints, and every thing else, they will gone before the end of the year. Good riddance...

Reaction score
well it's the classic paradox.. i didn't want to leave negative feedback for fear they might leave me negative feedback.

i ordered once from the store, and once from ebay. my orderes were about 15 months apart. each time, to explain the delay, i got the "we've been moving.." story. 15 months? now that's a long [censored] move..

i'll never order from there again, unless it is something that almost no one else has, and is dirt cheap compared to others.

Reaction score
LordWill said:
well it's the classic paradox.. i didn't want to leave negative feedback for fear they might leave me negative feedback.
Well, you have three months to leave feedback, so leave yours for them ten minutes before the end of the three months. That way, they'll never be able to do the same to you. I've had to do that to a few people, unfortunatly.

Reaction score
Well, just a quick note to say that my credit card dispute actually worked the second time because I worked something out.

Although Kebco tried to rip me off with their "no refunds on pre-orders" policy (they actually sent a copy of this policy to the credit card company - even though it was a different policy to the one they had when I joined their club), I simply changed my dispute from a "did not authorize" dispute to a "non-receipt of goods" dispute. As I had only paid 50%, Kebco won't ever send the stuff (that's if they DO actually have it in their mystery-mansion warehouse that takes years to move into) unless they get the other half of all the payments. So... if you've changed your credit card number (which I did), they CAN'T charge you the final 50%, so they are screwed! Bingo! They can't dispute this particular type of complaint without providing the credit card company with shipping information - which they can't provide without actually sending items of the correct total weight for what they have charged for, and of course they won't send that without full payment... so you end up with a full refund on your credit card.

I hope this helps some people.

Reaction score
In a word, no.

There have been no more new charges on my card, thank goodness. And my credit card company did finally credit me some of those charges back to my account. But not all of them. And I have never heard a word from kebco.

Reaction score
Sad...I had not seen KebCo spoken of lately. Thought maybe they were getting their act together. I digress...

Reaction score
Hey I ordered from Kebco toys and waited two months and no word from, them so then I got on ebay and sent them an email threating to bid on every thing they had for sale and not pay and the responded saying that the ebay and the internet store were two seprate companies, and that I would have to wait for the internet store to catch up on all the back orders. So I responded by giving them a 3 day notice and the bidding would start. The same guy email me back and told me to by the three I ordered off of ebay and that I could pay the price I ordered off the internet store, so I did and paid 18.63 for CW Yoda, Anakin non-animated and a saga boosk and they had them to me in three days. Hopes this helps.

Reaction score
Wow. I just stumbled onto this thread today. I recently bought over $100 worth of stuff on eBay from this seller and received the entire order within like 3 days! Shipping was only $6.95 for over 30 items! I was beginning to think that this guy was great...but now...I dunno. I was planning on buying more stuff this week. Maybe I'll have to rethink that.

Reaction score
Seems like people seem to have luck with Kebco on ebay... I have never heard anything from the complaint I filed with the BBB. I only pre-ordered wave 4 Star Tours from them almost a year ago. I tried to cancel my order several times and never a response....very pathetic customer service. Hey now that wave 4 star tours has been released, maybe they'll show up in the mail on Monday??? NOT! Avoid these guys at all costs!!!

Reaction score
jedikatarn said:
Seems like people seem to have luck with Kebco on ebay... I have never heard anything from the complaint I filed with the BBB. I only pre-ordered wave 4 Star Tours from them almost a year ago. I tried to cancel my order several times and never a response....very pathetic customer service. Hey now that wave 4 star tours has been released, maybe they'll show up in the mail on Monday??? NOT! Avoid these guys at all costs!!!
Sorry to say that the BBB won't do anything but take your report. They have no authority to act on complaints and in fact get $$ from businesses.

Your state's Attorney General's Office on the otherhand, will fight for you. I'd submit a report to them (should be able to download a form off the internet from their website). They are the ones that get things done.

Reaction score
KEBco Toys Any Luck Getting Figures?

Hello! I ordered a lot of stuff from Kebco last year & not only did I not get anything (after they had already billed me), they didn't bother replying to any of my emails. Furthermore, their phone never works. looking at this thread, it appears that I am not the only one. The last message on this post is dated June 05. Has anybody had any luck with Kebco since?