OT Number for KEBco Toys!

Reaction score
Hi,

Sorry to post here, you can move it if you want to.

I reside in the UK and placed an order with KEBco Toys last October. It has still not arrived, they have deposited my credit card and when I check my account status it says in process.

Anyway. I need a number to contact them on and not just the number they have on the website (1 817 Keb etc....) as I dont think it will work from the UK.

Any help would be great.

Regards,
Andrew.

Reaction score
Andrew,

You can try 678-423-3359 or 678-423-3340, but don't hold your breath. Several folks (including me) have been trying to reach them by phone for months without success. And e-mail hasn't yielded any better results. If you can still dispute the charge with your credit card company, that's probably the best way to go.

songwrtr

Reaction score
You may file a complaint at the Better Business Bureau at http://www.bbb.org/
Just look under the business name and put in Kebco Toys. It seems that the four people who put in their complaints have been successful. I just put in my complaint. It will take about 30 days to resolve. The form takes about 20 minutes to fill out. You'll need your order numbers and amounts you paid. I'll let you know how it works out for me.
Good luck. Remember that "the customer is always right!"

Reaction score
File a complaint and contact your credit card company. You will never see your figures with this company. They just couldn't keep up with demand!!! Avoid at all costs. Not worth the time and aggrivation.

Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for all your help.

Surprise surprise; I have still had no luck getting hold of them

Andrew.

Reaction score
Yeah, I had the same problem. There's no point trying to call them. Just call your credit card company. Kebco won't even respond to the credit card inquiry.

Reaction score
Well, they better respond to the BBB. I lost all patience and filed with them too. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Reaction score
Too little too late!

I just want all of my money refunded.
They can post a note on their website but can't seem to extend simple courtesy towards their customers by replying to their emails?

Reaction score
Here's the nonsense from their website...

" There have been rumors on some of the forums that KEBco Toys is out of business and has tried to steal money from customers. Of course both rumors are false. What is true is we have recently moved to a new 10,000 square foot retail facility and are currently contacting customers who have concerns about current and upcoming EP3 product."

You are? Anyone been contacted yet?

"As has been the case for 2 to 3 years now, about 80% of what you read on the forums is not even close to the truth."

Really? Like what? And how come you don't even bother responding on the forums?

"We do owe some customers refunds for product that was not able to be delivered in 2004 and these refunds are currently being processed. Many of these refunds are being delayed with our credit card processor because certain individuals have tried to file fraudulent chargebacks on product that was actually delivered to them months ago."

Doubt it. You had my order labeled as "shipped" on your website but I never received any figures and you were unable to provide me with proof that my product shipped. In fact, you were unable to provide me proof because you wouldn't pick up your damn phone.

"The delays are due to the time it takes to communicate with our processor to have these chargebacks reversed. We are currently working out these problems and will have them solved in the next 3 to 4 weeks."

Umm... no... the delays are due to your ineptitude, don't blame the credit card companies and your FORMER customers for the mistakes YOU made.

"Currently we are continuing to ship EP3 product. We received a large shipment of product today and in the next 7 to 10 days we will be shipping out about 10,000 EP3 basic figures to current Club Members. We will continue to receive EP3 product for the next several months and will fill current Pre-Orders as quickly as possible."

Don't believe it.

"We do appreciate your business...KEBco Toys"

Should read, "We do appreciate charging you for unshipped product."

Reaction score
Right. I still haven't heard squat! I used to really rely on this company... If they were so concerned you think maybe I could get some kind of response. I still see figures they owe me posted on F&#$ing ebay!

Reaction score
Bossk_in_E3 said:
Right. I still haven't heard squat! I used to really rely on this company... If they were so concerned you think maybe I could get some kind of response. I still see figures they owe me posted on F&#$ing ebay!
Bossk...you should report that to the BBB, once you put a payment down on an item and not receive a refund, the seller cannot resell same item elsewhere...they are double selling....illegal! technically, IT IS YOUR ITEM, also contact ebay..they may prevent them from selling that item as well.

Reaction score
I can speak from experience saying Kebco is the worst run company I have ever seen,SW-related or otherwise.

Avoid them at all costs and they will go away.

Reaction score
I agree - these guys are terrible all around - I'm glad everyone is finally catching on. I finally got around to submitting my complaint with the BBB - It may not result in any action, but it would be nice if they refunded the money they owe me...

Reaction score
GREAT!!! i jsut frikken got 50$ worth of stuff on ebay from them, and already purchaed the items via paypal
im screwed aren't i? ::sigh::

Reaction score
tough call, it could be considered like buying stolen property, my guess would depend on the original buyer provided they have proof of purchse (ie downpayment) of said item(s) and proof of non-delivery and proof of ebay listing dates to be AFTER orginal buyer's purchase date

Richard: contact paypal and ebay both to find out what their policy is on that kind of situation

Reaction score
i'm actually not too worried.. kebco has a bunch of CURRENT positive feedback . . i have a feeling i'll be getting my merchandice for some odd reason =]

Reaction score
Still, pos. feedback or not, they should be reported to ebay for double selling even if the 1st sale was off ebay because technically it is not thiers to sell if another has put payment on it. as far as pos. feedback, chances are, the 1st buyer of item did not order/purchase thru ebay so they have no way of inputing feedback thru ebay pos. or neg.

may get better results if orig. buyer is reg. w/ ebay

Reaction score
I am actually from Hong Kong. Yes I know we always get figures quicker than anyone else so why would I buy from Kebco? Well my job requires me to travel alot so I rarely have time to go toy hunting. I joined Kebco one of every figure club last year so that I would not miss out on any figures... or I thought I wouldn't... They were pretty good at the beginning... I received 20 or so figures since I joined... and they even gave me a membership card... but that did not last very long... I have not received a single figure since the release of OTC... let alone the VOTC... the funny thing is, my credit card still get charged for deposit every now and again for figures (they are still charging me deposit for all EPIII figures!) I have emailed them many times, asking them when I will get my figures (many of them were on hold, or so the order status on their website says)... Like many of you, I got no response from them... and their phone is always engaged... I finally found out from here that a lot of us has been having the same problem... and I took your advise and tried filing in a complaint thru BBB... I hope I will at least get my money back... but ultimately, I would want to collect figures... fellow collectors... please advise what I should do... is it still possible to find all the figures I have missed out on?

Reaction score
Hi "Hide"
First thing is to cancel your current credit card and have the credit card company issue you another card with a new number. Your account and all balances just move over to the new card number. Kebco will not be able to access the new credit card number.
Isn't Action H.Q.com based in Hong Kong? You can try them at:
http://www.action-hq.com/cgi-bin/action-hq/index.html

I had to make a mad rush to catch up on the OTC basic VOTC that Kebco owed me too.
I filed my complaint with the B.B.B about two weeks ago. They said it usually takes about 4 weeks for the complaint to get answered. My fingers are crossed.

Reaction score
What you need to do is contact your credit card company and tell them that you didn't get your merchandise that you paid for. You will have to then write your side of the story. Kebco will get a chance to respond - if they don't respond by showing proof the figures were sent (or don't respond at all) you'll get your money back.

Reaction score
Excellent. I took your advise and contacted Citibank and they promised that they will investigate on this and get my money back. Process will take 4-6 weeks. Well at least I do not have to pay for their recent charges on my card (All the EPIII figures). Citibank can hold charges within 60days. They will issue me with a new card so that Kebco cannot charge on me anymore... Anyway my mission now is to start my journey in finding all the figures that I have missed... including some of the Saga ones, most of OTC ones... all of VOTC and EP3.... sigh... so many... should have never joined Kebco... I urge all fellow collectors who have fallen into Kebco's trap do the same too... contact your credit card company and get your hard earned money back...
As for those like me who will have to look for figures elsewhere, may the force be with you in your search...

Reaction score
hide, I did the same thing as you with Citibank-cancel my card ect. But..I also sent KEBco a certified letter to credit my Citibank account and cancel my membership. They received and signed for my letter so now I have a paper trail for proof. I also have all my recepits for product not received to send to Citibank Fraud Department. I'll keep you guys posted and good luck.....P.S. I'm sure KEBco surfs these SW sites to see what's up don't you????

Reaction score
Jedi_Drew said:
hide, I did the same thing as you with Citibank-cancel my card ect. But..I also sent KEBco a certified letter to credit my Citibank account and cancel my membership. They received and signed for my letter so now I have a paper trail for proof. I also have all my recepits for product not received to send to Citibank Fraud Department. I'll keep you guys posted and good luck.....P.S. I'm sure KEBco surfs these SW sites to see what's up don't you????

They definitely do. They're a constant topic of discussion on this and other boards because they're entirely incompetent and unreachable and have been for more than a year now. They may not be thieves, but they're definitely completely unprofessional and unreliable, and anyone still doing business with them is nuts. Kebco used to spend a ton of time each week responding to these threads about them, but now they just ignore them. I guess, from their most recent newsletter, that they gave up because they knew the word was out that they suck and there was nothing they could do about it.

Reaction score
Jedi_Drew said:
^^^ At one time they would respond to the threads here, but since they have been yanked as a sponcer, they don't. I think the writeing is on the wall, they will be going under soon, and since there are alot of charges made by Kebco that are over 60 days old, alot of people will be SOL and will not be able to get there $$$ back, I like how there front page said that in 3-4 weeks product will be shipping, that gives them 30 days to file for chap. 13 and they will be able to weasle out of all of the charge backs. Anyway that just my personal opinion. But they really went too far when they were scalping product on eBay, I've seen them sell no less that 6 POTC Sandtroopers. Maybe I should win one off eBay from them, send a MO, but have it "canclled" before I send it to them, and then wait about a year to send them another MO, and see how much they like it.

Reaction score
You guys should bid on the items on ebay and when you win and they ask for payment. Tell them you already paid because they charged your credit card.

Reaction score
jrsharp21 said:
You guys should bid on the items on ebay and when you win and they ask for payment. Tell them you already paid because they charged your credit card.
Brilliant! What's their eBay ID?

Reaction score
Any of you guys who gave them your credit or debit card number should file an claim dispute ASAP. I work for a bank and I know they can only dispute charges from the last 60 days.

I am stunned Kebco has not gone under by now. I've even heard they wait until figures go on clearance and then buy those to send to their "none of every figure club".

Funny how it used to be Scott Barnette would be here in a second to make pathetic lies to defend himself yet now that rebelscum had the good sense to remove them as a sponser he could give a damn about how many people complain.

Reaction score
Their ebay id is kebcotoys
I have also filed in a complaint with ebay. Hope they can help as well. Just an update, Citibank has credited my account for all the kebco transactions within 60 days. They are still investigating the older transaction. Kebco still owes me US$348.5 as of today. I hope either BBB or ebay can help. Anyone else has any other suggestions?

Reaction score
I tried Atlanta Police dept. as well. They have a Cyber Crime Unit. I called them and an officer gave me an email to send to and report the case. I think we should also report this to our local authority to help with the investigation.
Here is Atlanta's PD website directory:
http://www.atlantapd.org/index.asp?nav=con

Reaction score
Thank you officer! And to all, my apology about the confusion. I encourage any Kebco victims to contact the Newman PD to report their case. Hopefully they can help us.

Reaction score
I joined the club in 10/03, my last shipment was in Jan this year. Since then Kebco have amassed around $400 in charges to my credit card without any items being sent. Here is the kicker... I filed disputes with my credit card company and Kebco actually did respond to my disputes by sending the credit card company a copy of their policy (dated 7/04 - NINE MONTHS after I joined their stupid club). This policy states that they will give NO REFUNDS whatsoever for their 50% pre-order charges. And my credit card company bought it!

Kebco have since cancelled all the items which I have already paid for, and I sent proof of this to my credit card company (they aren't clever enough to cancel my account, so I can still login and take snapshots of everything fraudulent they have done). Even so, their current plan is to KEEP my 50% deposit and owe me NOTHING whatsoever because of this wonderful "policy" which wasn't even in effect when I joined the club (and thus I never agreed to it - it's not like they made me aware of any change).

So, now they can apparently charge everyone what they like (change your account number, folks, and do it quick!) and then never send out the goods - they can keep the deposits without any reason per this policy (regardless of the fact that they charged however much they wanted, whenever they wanted, yet irrelevant of what WE wanted).