OT: "Non-SW Rare Toy Showcase" Thread Returns!

Reaction score
I actually have one of those I picked up a few months ago here locally. Mine has more muted colors, but it's a first shot also. I also have another figure that wasn't produced. When I'm not so lazy, I'll post up some photos...

Reaction score
Nixonbros,

They are fairly common and show up for sale from time to time. Kenner first released the figures and Toy Island subsequently re-released some and introduced some new ones of their own.

Here's some of mine:

B.Rgds/Derek

Reaction score
I was very confused by this cowboy because I only knew of the Mask figures by Kenner. I wonder how many characters Toy Island created that never made it to production.

Reaction score
Hey - Andy (OP) continues to have technical difficulties, but he asked me to thank on his behalf all who have responded with information. Thanks!

Reaction score
This thread seriously needs a bump. This is a 2-up Blade from the 1990s Toy Biz Spider-man the Animated Series line. I may have posted it before, so I hope nobody minds seeing it again. It even comes with some of the 2-up accessories as well, which are really neat. This was a Toy Fair display and does have some differences from the production figure. For example, the production figure only had two spikes on its right shoulder.

I also bought a Keith Pollard Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Master Edition page to accompany the figure. Although they are not directly related, I'd imagine that the figure's concept art would look similar, so I'm planning to have it framed to put over the cabinet the figure sits in.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

The Toy Biz 2-ups are some of my favorite prototypes, and I'm always on the look out for more if anybody has any they are looking to part with.

Alright, let's all get this thread going again. :D

Reaction score
This thread needs a bump :)

So these aren't super-rare, but they're not so common either. A good friend in Brazil recently mailed me his collection of childhood toys. Mostly Estrela G.I. Joes, some knock-off transforming robots and a Glasslite Thundercats Snarf. Having trouble finding information on some of these - if any of you are well-versed drop me a PM.

First is the group shot, second is a comparison of the Glasslite and US Snarf.

Reaction score
I have shown a few of these before, but the set is now complete. These are the 3 unproduced 2nd series figures from Kenners Butch and Sundance line. By the time these were made the line was renamed Best of the West. Big thanks go out to Jordan Hembrough and James Gallo for helping out with major parts of the set. There are a few other preproduction pieces out there I hope to add to the collection in the future, maybe some unknown pieces. Thanks Ryan

Final stage Geronimoe. Production tooled and painted.

Working quick draw action no copyrights

Hand painted hard copy

Assembled hard copy and unpainted head and torso

Hand painted Billy the Kidd hard copy head with production body/Alt. production lower legs

Hard copy heads painted and unpainted

Jesse James hard copy head. Only part I could find of James. Only part I needed to make this.

Custom made completed Jesse James. I made a cast of the head and painted a production body
in the same way Kenner made the billy the Kidd proto.

Possible leg to a 3rd series General Custer, not sure. Cast in Carbalon when the other were cast in repro 10

If it is a 3rd series figure, Kenner would have lost the leg articulation and quick draw action. But it is what appears to be a Colt revolver and riding chaps. Anyone have any ideas?

Also, the storage case I made for them. Thanks for looking Ryan
Oh, I like these figures so much! They're great! How can I recreate them? Do you have to design the parts in digital rendering and then 3D print them out and stick them together?

Reaction score

W

ow I am quite astonished to see members rare protypes !!
How did you get these especially RGB figures.
I have been looking for first 4 basic RGB figures AFA85 MOC for along time... But still I haven`t.
Please send me PM if you can help me for above RGB items.
And I really need your help about information of Kenner Knight Rider prototypes !!!
I have been looking for the voice car prototype for many years.
And Case Fresh MISB regular Voice Car.
Thank you !!

Reaction score
Big score for the carded Mego Super_Heroes collection this year. Thor on 1979 card. I got lucky in that there was a Hake's auction with a ton of good stuff so a lot of the "big money" was being thrown at other pieces. So what might have been a losing bid in another auction won it for me here.

Reaction score
Not the rarest of figures but have yet to see a mint sealed in box M.A.S.K Pirahna as nice as this. Very tempted to send to AFA but have never sent anything in and unsure how to. Maybe one of these day.