OT: Louisiana Hurricane Roll call

Reaction score
I know this is highly irregular for this particular forum, but I want to make sure that everyone came out of Katrina in one piece. Drop a line here so we know youre alright. I was just looking at the destruction via helicopter video and it is just too horrible to explain. I just want to know that my LA brothers and sisters are alright. And Godspeed to anyone effected for a speedy recovery.

Scott Rivet
Darth_Ennis, Gretna Loiusiana

Reaction score
I'm in Georgia, My wife is from Lafayette LA. She has alot of friends and family still unavailable via the phones. My prayers are going out to all of the people who are in dire need of help. Has anyone heard from Daigo_Bah. I just recieved a box of stuff that I bought from him just a few short days before the storm. I will be watching this forum as I have a very special place in my heart for LA. It is my 2nd home.

Reaction score
I'm a lifelong Metairie resident and I left late Friday night and am staying in North LA. I hope everyone who had the means to wound up getting out

Reaction score
Initially we went to Nachitoches with some family. We are in Houston now and probably for quite a while. My wife's company has an office here, so she is actually at work right now. One of her co-workers lives in Mandeville or Covington (can't recall) but she said the area faired well for flooding. Trees down and power outages of course, but the roads have been quickly cleared. So I am hopeful that Daigo-bah has come out of this intact.

E>

Reaction score
By the time some of you read this I may already be gone. I wanted to first express my deepest sympathies for the unfortunate events that you and yours have had to deal with because of Katrina.

I also want you to know that I have fought tooth and nail with the powers that be. Unfortunately they have all the power. So my efforts to keep a thread open just for you have failed.

So now I am going back to wuhers to lay it on the line. It may get me banned from these boards. If that happens I want you to know that I have no regrets. It has been my honor to give a voice to those who no longer have one, and to keep your problems in the hearts and minds of this community.

God be with you all.

Reaction score
Thank God all of you guys are alright. I posted this thread a couple of days ago and when I didn't hear from any of you I feared the worst. I also want to thank BIGBRET for everything he has done he has been fighting tooth and nail but the insensitive [censored] just keep on coming.

Reaction score
I'm telling you, Scott, I'm sorry I haven't met you before all of this, but I look forward to getting up with you and personally shaking your hand. You don't appreciate people until you almost lose them.

Reaction score
Well Greg ..... Daigo_Bah pm'ed me and he made it through okay. He said alot of his Dioramas are lost but he is good.

Reaction score
yah i just got power after 6 days. My cousin is
on the task force and he say it's hell down there.
I'm in baton rouge and it's crazy around here too.
The media is keeping a lid on alot of stuff that will get out sooner or later. Lots of dead animals. It's very sad.

Reaction score
no way will there be 40,000 - 50,000 dead...you're looking at about 5,000

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Sorry it took me so long to find this thread! Thanks, Cyanloon, for the concern
. We're fine, though the house got a couple inches of flooding (no tree damage) and my collection room got about a foot of flooding. Just one dio beyond repair, and 2 others needing work, but I just ripped out the sheetrock and insulation for the bottom 2 feet of my walls. Even though the floor was dry, the insulation bottoms were still drenched! I'm staying with family further up in Mandeville while assessments and repairs are made. Now I'm starting to stress about Rita...

Reaction score
I was going to go back to check everything out this weekend. But Rita had other plans. I am here in Tennessee, I snagged a much better job that I had back in NO, so I'm goiong to move up here for a while. If I could only go back to see what I've got left that would be great.

Reaction score
Damned thing is a Cat 4 now and heading towards Houston. ug! I Have no idea where to go from here.

E>

Reaction score
It's still a little crazy here.
People were lined up for days
for help from the Red Cross.
My wife stood in line for 8 hrs!
Traffic is bad, they had to turn off some red lights
to cut out the stoping time down. The news said the other
night that we now rival L.A. for traffic. It's insane bro.

Reaction score
It took me awhile to get set up (new computer and stuff), but I'm still alive and kicking. I was evacuated to Phoenix, Arizona and have been set up with an apartment and other necessities. I'm glad to see that my collecting brethren have made it out okay and wish the best for everyone!

Reaction score
howdy. made out ok. just wind damage and lots of crap in the yards, fence down....nothing too bad. more financial damage due to being out of town, hotels, eating out, etc!

Reaction score
It's been three months now since Katrina. I was just wondering how everyone is doing? I'm in Phoenix, Arizona, but will be in New Orleans starting on December 12th. I hope that everyone is doing well and hope to hear from you guys soon!

Reaction score
I hope your trip back to new Orleans is a good one friend! Drop us a line and give us an update of New Orleans.

"The moonlight on the bayou; a Creole tune that fills the air.
I dream about Magnolias in bloom, and I'm wishin' I was there"

Reaction score
Hey Rogue,
haven't left, but slowly starting to get back to normal. Still haven't seen my adjuster yet. Thought four months would be enough time. Mark at the flea market in Harahan has been forced to close. There goes my source for vintage purchasing.

Reaction score
De ja Vu, huh, Alex?

I've evacuated to Mobile, AL and hope to come home to an undamaged home and neighborhood. I hope everyone else is safe. Good thing most people left and took the storm seriously.

Thanks again for the concern, Alex. I hope you and yours are doing well in NY.

Jonathan

Reaction score
Glad to read. What were the roads like leaving NO?

It does seems most peoplke took this seriously and left the coast and NO. Hopefully the west bank holds and the flooding is due to water spilling over the leeves and not because they failed again.

NOLA will always have a special place in my heart. My wife and my only daughter, at the time, spent a wonderful week in NO in 2005. We rented a furnished apartment right outside of the Quarter.

The food and drink were the best and the people we met were the nicest bunch I have ever come across in all of my travels.

We left the Wed right before Katrina. When that occured my heart just broke.

Be safe. Post when you get home.

Go Saints!

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words again, Alex.

I live on the northshore in St. Tammany parish. Although I work in NO, I live about 45 minutes from it. The interstate (I-12) wasn't as congested as the news made it out to be before we left Sunday morning. They had closed it earlier due to the heavy flow into Mississippi towards Alabama. I-12, I-10, and I-59 all merge right before the Louisiana/Mississippi border. But we had a calm and smooth trip to Mobile.

They're not letting us back home until sometime later this week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for little to no damage. I'm also hoping my industry for work hasn't been stymied by this event in NO. I'd like to get back to work ASAP.

It does seem that the Industrial Canal was being overtopped by the water; there were a few leaks at the bottom as well. But I'm amazed at how everything faired. I'm happy the hurricane glanced us and weakened at the same time.

Jonathan