OT: Any Battlestar Galactica Collectors on here? Odd mail-in 3 pack

Reaction score
So i picked up this lot at an auction yesterday because the line art box looked interesting. I've done some googling and i can only find a handful of references to a mail in 3 pack box but everyone one of those was saying that only 2nd series figures were available as a 3 pack (cyclon commander, Lucifer and baltor), but this one contains 1st series figures.. I know nothing about BSG and there doesn't seem to be any BSG forums so hoping that someone knowledgeable on here might know. thanks

bg.jpg

Reaction score
So i picked up this lot at an auction yesterday because the line art box looked interesting. I've done some googling and i can only find a handful of references to a mail in 3 pack box but everyone one of those was saying that only 2nd series figures were available as a 3 pack (cyclon commander, Lucifer and baltor), but this one contains 1st series figures.. I know nothing about BSG and there doesn't seem to be any BSG forums so hoping that someone knowledgeable on here might know. thanks

bg.jpg

I am not an expert either but grew up in the era these were released. The 3 pack looks like the way you would receive these toys when you ordered from Christmas catalogs from department stores like JCPennys and Montgomery Wards.

Reaction score
The boxed sets are pretty rare but not overly in demand thus not a huge premium placed on them. Depending on condition value may be around $100-$150 retail. As with anything, it depends on the day and the buyer. The window box 6 pack I believe is the more difficult one to find and can command a premium.

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, it is a Sears catalog mailer, but supposedly only series 2 was a mailer and not series one which this is.. With regards to value there are no current or completed mailers on ebay only an AFA graded series 2 version which frontier toys sold for $995, so price is unknown but def a niche market.

If you look on google there is only two pictures of a mailer both of which are series 2.

Probably getting ahead of myself, this is clearly v uncommon but could it be the equivalent of fInding a Sears droids mailer?

Wheres someone one like janes G when you need him?

Reaction score
There were at least three different three pack mailers according to a catalog picture I was able to find.

Plaid Stallions : Rambling and Reflections on '70s pop culture: By Your Command

Weather this mailer is more or less rare than others remains to be seen. The fact is as you already noticed there is not as much documentation on the battle star galactica line as there is with Star Wars or gi Joe or transformers or other mainstream line. Like you said more of a niche market. Rarity doesn't always equal valuable. There are lots of items that exist in limited number but are not very sought after so they are not the get rich quick item. It is a neat find, but I wouldn't put it much above the other mailers in value and I think Shawn gave a decent estimate.

Reaction score
This is something that I've thought about over the past few years but couldn't find any pictures or names of what I was trying to remember. I remember as a kid going into the toy department of a store by me, I think it was Value City, and this was where I bought a lot of toys in the early 80s, as it was the nearest store to me. I could get there on my bike in a few minutes, other stores were miles away. And I remember seeing a box with three figures pictured on it, like line drawings, not actual photographs, and it was fairly cheap. I bought it to have extra space action figures to go with my Star Wars figures. And I still have my Cylon Centurian and Ovion, but the Imperious Leader is gone. But I didn't remember those names other than Cylon, and didn't even watch the show. I remembered the cool four armed green guy, and that the pink guy's purple brain/skull came off eventually, but didn't know anything about them. And I never bothered to make a post anywhere asking about them or this box of three that I had bought in a store. Though I thought the box might have been white, not brown.

But I know I bought it off the shelf in a toy store, a three pack that I think was cheaper than three Star Wars figures, which was why I bought it. There probably weren't any new Star Wars figures, any I was looking for, but I wanted to get something. I thought of it as bonus robot and monster bad guys for a good price.
I know I wouldn't have mailed away for this. I know for a fact that I only mailed away for two things as a kid; the Star Wars survival kit that had the three gas masks, the Yoda/Jedi backpack, the three Hoth backpacks, etc., and the mail away Emperor, which I never received.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I love this line and plan to collect them alongside my Kenner Star Wars.
When I was a kid, the lines were nearly interchangeable at playtime. :)

Thats a really great set you have there. Apparently, aside from a couple later series figures, the line is quite inexpensive to collect.

Reaction score
This is one of my favorite toy lines ever made (along with Star Wars of course, Mego Planet of the Apes/World's greatest super heroes, Mego Buck Rogers, and Tron) the BSG mail in 3 pack is a nice piece.

Reaction score
I used to love these along with the black hole figures and star wars there were many wars in my house

Reaction score
Ya I just need 1 more cylon & I will try to repair/customize the group I have. (Want to do it all at once or it will never be "finished")

What kills me is the figures were fairly cheap when I first got the idea, but recently prices went crazy & I am always cautious about 40+ year old plastics.

Reaction score
Nice! The Daggit even has his tail 😁. I will have to dig mine up out of storage, I miss seeing them.

Utinniii

Reaction score
I have a beater Cylon that I've wanted to make SA for awhile now.

Reaction score
I picked up a few Galactica items in the mid 2000s. Starbuck, Cylon Centurian, the lunar probe and the scarab. All were carded and boxed. Sold off the 2 ships and Starbucks but kept the Cylon. It bugged me that Mattel didn’t make ships for the 3.75 inch line. Were as Buck Rogers did about a year later.

Reaction score
Reaction score
I have been really missing my BSG so I have been digging stuff out of storage. While thinking about BSG I remembered some pictures I had saved of a auction a few years ago. Thought you might enjoy.
View media item 19699
View media item 19697
View media item 19695
View media item 19694
View media item 19698
View media item 19699
View media item 19697
View media item 19695
View media item 19694View media item 19696
View media item 19693
View media item 19692
Is that a prototype? I never ever saw this at retail.

Regarding the Mailer figures, That is how I bought mine, and I never had series 2.
I do know where mine were bought, because of the circumstance: I could get 3 in a box for less than the price of 2 carded! these were at ODD-LOT stores around the same time as Colecovision.

Reaction score
Is that a prototype? I never ever saw this at retail.
I believe it was. It was a Ebay auction probably about 10 years ago. Seemed like it had a title about being a grail item and sold for around $5000, if memory serves me right.

Reaction score
I love all BG things too, unfortunately I did not get the figures, I got into costumes and autographs, but.. what is that "thing" stinking out of the top of the Galactica model? never saw that before.

Reaction score
I love all BG things too, unfortunately I did not get the figures, I got into costumes and autographs, but.. what is that "thing" stinking out of the top of the Galactica model? never saw that before.
I'm not really sure. Kinda looks like a laser or radar equipment. I wish I had the ship, then I would know 🙂

Utinniii

Reaction score
"Space gun fires with electric sounds" - from the box.

Reaction score
Ah... one of those buyer incentive things! I noticed some of that on Star Wars action figures. What year is you ship?

Reaction score
Such a cool toy design for a ship, I've always loved the idea of a capital cruiser that opens up to reveal secondary craft, such as shuttles and fighters. This would have made a cool playset, and would even work as a collectible, if done now (with modern scaling and detail).

Reaction score

bg.jpg
Hey Newswseller, do you still have that 3 pack box? David