OT: 1:1 Custom Boba Fett!

Joined
Mar 27, 2006
Messages
27,282
Reaction score
2
SirTristram said:
I wonder what that commission cost!??!
I'll let Philip answer that one if he wants, but trust me, IT WAS WORTH EVERY PENNY! I saw it last Saturday and I was blown away!
 
Joined
Oct 25, 2006
Messages
2,907
Reaction score
0
Any chance EFX or SS will be making this?? I'll need to donate a kidney or two to get it.

If I ever hit the lottery...


-MD
 
Joined
Mar 1, 2004
Messages
10,736
Reaction score
0
Location
Las Vegas
OMG!!! That is amazing...I wish I had connections like PW...Yeah, please post the cost...Im willing to sell a lung...
 
Joined
Mar 27, 2006
Messages
27,282
Reaction score
2
SirTristram said:
MountainDooku said:
Any chance EFX or SS will be making this?? I'll need to donate a kidney or two to get it.

If I ever hit the lottery...


-MD

Someone will make it.
Ah, but they will not make it as detailed, me thinks.
 
Joined
Oct 3, 2004
Messages
11,433
Reaction score
19
Location
Southern California
deathstar1000 said:
SirTristram said:
MountainDooku said:
Any chance EFX or SS will be making this?? I'll need to donate a kidney or two to get it.

If I ever hit the lottery...


-MD

Someone will make it.
Ah, but they will not make it as detailed, me thinks.
Correct, the average collector would probably not be able afford it if they did. This is a one of custom job and it looks like it. It would be very hard to mass produce that much care and painstaking love for the subject.
 
Joined
Mar 27, 2006
Messages
27,282
Reaction score
2
SirTristram said:
deathstar1000 said:
SirTristram said:
MountainDooku said:
Any chance EFX or SS will be making this?? I'll need to donate a kidney or two to get it.

If I ever hit the lottery...


-MD

Someone will make it.
Ah, but they will not make it as detailed, me thinks.
.....Mmm, maybe. I'm not completely sure about that.
If MR makes one with all the lights and detailing as this one, I may be sold SirT. Any idea what a ballpark figure on theirs would be? Armor, Helmet, Blaster, Mannequin, etc? I don't know if they'll be able to keep it under what Philip paid.
 
Joined
Aug 30, 2002
Messages
10,752
Reaction score
0
Location
The Empire State
deathstar1000 said:
SirTristram said:
deathstar1000 said:
SirTristram said:
MountainDooku said:
Any chance EFX or SS will be making this?? I'll need to donate a kidney or two to get it.

If I ever hit the lottery...


-MD

Someone will make it.
Ah, but they will not make it as detailed, me thinks.
.....Mmm, maybe. I'm not completely sure about that.
If MR makes one with all the lights and detailing as this one, I may be sold SirT. Any idea what a ballpark figure on theirs would be? Armor, Helmet, Blaster, Mannequin, etc? I don't know if they'll be able to keep it under what Philip paid.
Well, I know they just recently made a huge break through with their Stormtrooper...they are ecstatic and apparently LFL are as well. It also came in under what they originally thought it was going to cost....In my opinion, a good clip cheaper than it was going to cost. (I'm so sorry, I just not sure if I am allowed to say just yet....)
They are going to unveil it soon and I think it is going on sale in March.
So, my point is....if the Stormtrooper price point and quality are any indication, then I am confident that an eventual Fett will be as close to Philip's as we can get without paying the highest premium.
 
Joined
Feb 2, 2006
Messages
5,051
Reaction score
0
Location
Santa Cruz Calif.
SirTristram said:
deathstar1000 said:
SirTristram said:
deathstar1000 said:
SirTristram said:
MountainDooku said:
Any chance EFX or SS will be making this?? I'll need to donate a kidney or two to get it.

If I ever hit the lottery...


-MD

Someone will make it.
Ah, but they will not make it as detailed, me thinks.
.....Mmm, maybe. I'm not completely sure about that.
If MR makes one with all the lights and detailing as this one, I may be sold SirT. Any idea what a ballpark figure on theirs would be? Armor, Helmet, Blaster, Mannequin, etc? I don't know if they'll be able to keep it under what Philip paid.
Well, I know they just recently made a huge break through with their Stormtrooper...they are ecstatic and apparently LFL are as well. It also came in under what they originally thought it was going to cost....In my opinion, a good clip cheaper than it was going to cost. (I'm so sorry, I just not sure if I am allowed to say just yet....)
They are going to unveil it soon and I think it is going on sale in March.
So, my point is....if the Stormtrooper price point and quality are any indication, then I am confident that an eventual Fett will be as close to Philip's as we can get without paying the highest premium.
Your such a tease
 
Joined
Oct 3, 2004
Messages
11,433
Reaction score
19
Location
Southern California
If that were the case, and because I don't have unlimited floor space to display life size figures, I would wait for the eventual Fett and pass on the Stormtrooper. For me the Fett would be more special and set apart as different.
 
Joined
Mar 1, 2004
Messages
10,736
Reaction score
0
Location
Las Vegas
Are any of you buying the how to DVD's (for sandtrooper, stormtrooper, Jango & Boba Fett's)??? Kind of pricey IMO, but I wouldnt mind the Sandtrooper and Boba Fett ones...
 
Top