Osi Sobeck

GNT

Reaction score
Status - Not Confirmed

Osi Sobeck was a Phindian who worked as a warden in charge of the infamous prison, the Citadel in the recent Citadel story arc of the Clone Wars.

Anyone else like to see Osi Sobeck in plastic? What chances does he have? Would you buy him?

Reaction score
I hate this character. He reminds me of a cross between a Killer Klown and Al Pacino. Still, he's different enough, and has enough screen time to warrant a release.

Reaction score
tauntaunweequay said:
I hate this character. He reminds me of a cross between a Killer Klown and Al Pacino. Still, he's different enough, and has enough screen time to warrant a release.
His speech pattern kinda reminded me of Christopher Walken.

Reaction score
Masterjedi4612 said:
tauntaunweequay said:
He reminds me of Griff, Biff's grandson in Back to the Future 2.

Reaction score
Masterjedi4612 said:
It should too because that's what JAT was going for while he was recording the dialogue.

From the episode guide:
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
For James Arnold Taylor's characterization of Osi Sobeck, he performed the dialogue with pauses and inflection inspired by Christopher Walken's distinctive speech patterns.

[/QUOTE]

the guide is here: http://starwars.com/theclonewars/guide/episode318.html

Reaction score
Yes please he would make a great figure! I'd get him for sure no matter what he comes in. Personally i'd rather have him in a two pack possibly with Piell, Echo or Fives or a battle Pack with all those 3 as well as Sobeck but no matter what I would definitly pick this guy up.

Reaction score
Very cool looking character, even if the tone of his voice is confusing. I'd buy him!

Reaction score
Toonimator said:
AaylaSecurasMan said:
Not a chance now
Not so! Villain for a trilogy. He could warrant a figure still. Maybe in the Deluxe line, packed with a STAP.
Indeed, seeing that were getting Castuss in the Deluxe line.

GNT

Reaction score
AaylaSecurasMan said:
Not a chance now
They've made characters who popped up in one episode so im not that worried, he could popp up somewhere in the line.

Reaction score
Toonimator said:
Not so! Villain for a trilogy. He could warrant a figure still. Maybe in the Deluxe line, packed with a STAP.
I'd go for that. It'd be really nice to FINALLY get a STAP with something besides a battle droid packed in as the driver.

GNT

Reaction score
Wookie_inked said:
Toonimator said:
I'd go for that. It'd be really nice to FINALLY get a STAP with something besides a battle droid packed in as the driver.
Agreed, they can toss in an Obi wan figure instead of a battle droid in the future
lol

Reaction score
"I got a fever... and the only PRESCRIPTION... is more Sobeck!"

He's an odd dude, but he's worthy of a figure for sure.

And it's sad that the Obi-Wan joke is probably closer to the truth than any of us would like

Reaction score
Wookie_inked said:
Masterjedi4612 said:
It should too because that's what JAT was going for while he was recording the dialogue.

From the episode guide:
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
For James Arnold Taylor's characterization of Osi Sobeck, he performed the dialogue with pauses and inflection inspired by Christopher Walken's distinctive speech patterns.
the guide is here: http://starwars.com/theclonewars/guide/episode318.html

[/QUOTE]

Its too bad they didn't just do a straight up Christopher Walking voice over.
Those conversations with Dooku would have been priceless.

GNT

Reaction score
A little promising that his shown up on the JTA rumor lists but there's no guarantees.

Reaction score
would love to get him. he would work great in a battle pack with perhaps 2 Commando Droids and a Even Piell in the force shackles. that would be a neat set.

Reaction score
With the low number of Clone Wars figures in 2012, I think his best chance to be made would be as a "mini-rig" packed with a STAP.

Reaction score
With the low number of Clone Wars figures in 2012, I think his best chance to be made would be as a "mini-rig" packed with a STAP.
And even then Sobeck is highly unlikely, seen as how Hasbro are with Separatist figures.

If we do get a STAP mini-rig, it will more ,likely come with a Citadel Commando Droid.

Reaction score
I actually have two Commando Droids (from Rishi) on my STAPs. They just look natural on them, much more than the regular Battle Droid.