QUESTION Orion figure

Reaction score
I have seen a couple posting for this figure on ebay lately but I don't remember seeing it before. Says it was made in 1980. What's the deal with this piece?

Reaction score
There isn’t much info. to go on in your question. It’s customary to provide a picture or link.
Im not aware of any Star Wars figure named Orion. Are you sure you’re posting your question in the right forum?

Last edited:
Reaction score
A good rule of thumb to keep in mind while looking for Kenner Star Wars figures is the scale.
3 & 3/4 inches based on farm boy Luke Skywalker. Another rule of thumb to consider is the hip, shoulder and neck articulation. The figure you posted has knee articulation, and no vintage Star Wars figures had that.

Reaction score
A good rule of thumb to keep in mind while looking for Kenner Star Wars figures is the scale.
3 & 3/4 inches based on farm boy Luke Skywalker. Another rule of thumb to consider is the hip, shoulder and neck articulation. The figure you posted has knee articulation, and no vintage Star Wars figures had that.
I am still learning. That is why I ask here.

Reaction score
Unlike modern, vintage SW has one easy to find checklist for all 93 figures.

Not counting the probot.

Or the Max Rebo Band.

Or the Dianoga.

Or...

Reaction score
Or 96? If you include all 3 R2s and removable limbs C3PO. Oh and Blue Snags is 97. Yeah the band technically are 3 more figures so 100? Ok Jabba and Crumb are technically figures/characters so 102? Oh and 3-legged R2 from droid factory makes 103? Not including creatures like the dianoga, Wampa etc. Up to you Tom how many you want to pursue! To each his own in this great hobby...

Reaction score
Or 96? If you include all 3 R2s and removable limbs C3PO. Oh and Blue Snags is 97. Yeah the band technically are 3 more figures so 100? Ok Jabba and Crumb are technically figures/characters so 102? Oh and 3-legged R2 from droid factory makes 103? Not including creatures like the dianoga, Wampa etc. Up to you Tom how many you want to pursue! To each his own in this great hobby...
Or all 4 of R2’s I count droid factory R2 as a vintage variant.

Reaction score
Are you including all the mail ins?

Reaction score
Are you including all the mail ins?
All the mail in figures are included in that count.
As you can see, total figure count is a subjective issue. Some people only count R2-D2 and C-3PO once, some don’t count the Reebo band, etcetera.
You’ll form your own opinions as you mature as a collector.

Reaction score
All the mail in figures are included in that count.
As you can see, total figure count is a subjective issue. Some people only count R2-D2 and C-3PO once, some don’t count the Reebo band, etcetera.
You’ll form your own opinions as you mature as a collector.
and to think I am just 68 pieces away....lol

Reaction score
What about droids and ewoks figs? Are they excluded? R2 and 3po are two of my favorites from droids lineup. K