Original Trilogy Collection General Discussion Thread

GNT

Reaction score
Discuss all random Original Trilogy Collection (2004 - 2005) stuff here in the general discussion thread.

Reaction score
Still have my OTC Falcon, Tie Fighter, and Slave 1 still sealed in the boxes...they look awesome on display.

Reaction score
Been looking for a second VOTC Leia from the first wave of 4 on Ebay... she's held her value rather well, compared to her case-mates. I already have 1 carded and 1 loose, but I accidentally twisted the hand off the loose one a few years ago and promptly lost it, so...

Reaction score
If anyone actually sees this post, I have a question about the Dagobah R2-D2 figure. I just picked one up and the electronic sounds and light doesn't work. I put new batteries in and that didn't help. Has anyone else ran into this issue before and found a way to fix it? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Reaction score
Was there any corrosion in the battery department? Make sure you use the exact same batteries as well. Look a likes will fit but won't work, I took mine out before they went bad. Lots of MOC collectors are going to wish they opened a few of these.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just a heads up for those Interested I will be selling my OTC figurines and ships the listings will be out on 5/5/16 parting with this part of me collection to help fund a MR Snow Speeder.
Can someone tell me what part of the forum I can put my listings.

Reaction score
Hi, not sure if im posting this question in the right place, apologies.

i have a weird piece here, it's an OTC Luke, but the figure on the card is actually a POTF2 Luke.

Anyone know what this is? It has a different p/n than the regular OTC Luke.

Thanks for your help!

Reaction score
Hi, not sure if im posting this question in the right place, apologies.

i have a weird piece here, it's an OTC Luke, but the figure on the card is actually a POTF2 Luke.

Anyone know what this is? It has a different p/n than the regular OTC Luke.

Thanks for your help!
I mean, it sounds like someone bought it and swapped the figure. That POTF2 Luke hasn't been released in forever, and especially not on an OTC card. If you bought it in store, almost definitely. Otherwise, could be a bootleg. Got any pics?

Reaction score
I wish this packaging was returning instead of vintage. These are the ones that are really past due for a comeback. No packaging gave more character to a figure and presented it better than this. Just think of a vehicle...would you rather look at a Y-Wing hanging next to a picture of a Y-Wing, or a Y-Wing in front of a beautiful environmental backdrop? Well, the same goes for the figures. And with these, the figure takes center stage, instead of being crammed into a bubble off to the side. Vintage was great for its time, but this packaging took things further into a new stage of evolution that felt fresher and more modern, yet with a classic sensibility. Most underrated packaging ever!

Reaction score
I didn't mind them as a "Saga" type card, all while being a homage to Vintage. But I really disliked how large the bubble was on them, especially on the ones that had tiny figures.

Reaction score
Last year I picked up the OTC Sandcrawler as part of a job lot. It was complete with Jawas and RA-7 droid but missing ladders (which I picked up later). What really threw me with the job lot was a 3.75in scale R5-D4 head with cables coming out of it. I don't think this came with the Sandcrawler but I haven't so much as seen a photo of it online so if anyone knows what it is and where it came from I'd love to hear from you.

Reaction score
http://www.rebelscum.com/OTCsandcrawler.asp

The photo archive shows everything that came with the Sandcrawler - a droid head was not among the pack-ins. It sounds like a custom part - I've seen exactly what you're describing before, but it wasn't released by Hasbro. Was it cast in resin and painted or was it a Hasbro piece made of plastic, and then altered? A photo would be helpful in making a final determination.

Reaction score
I finally picked up Dannik Jerriko for my Jabba's Palace. He didn't appear in the movie, but he plays an important part in the books, so I had to get this guy. He's pretty hard to find so it took a while to find one for a decent price on Ebay. Can't wait to get him in the mail.

Reaction score
I finally picked up Dannik Jerriko for my Jabba's Palace. He didn't appear in the movie, but he plays an important part in the books, so I had to get this guy. He's pretty hard to find so it took a while to find one for a decent price on Ebay. Can't wait to get him in the mail.
I have him in the cantina.