Oregon Episode II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Restart
So who was at WS Target early on Friday morning? I was there later in the morning. Picked up IG88 and cashier started looking at the packaging and said to me that someone earlier in the day told them that there should be a the little paper inside.

OH yeah I finally found MC Fett! At TWAF for $25 and he'a still there. I ain't paying the much.

Reaction score
Funny I've picked up 2 snowtroopers and both stickers were missing. One was from WS snd the other from the HW26 store.

Reaction score
jucofett said:
Funny I've picked up 2 snowtroopers and both stickers were missing. One was from WS snd the other from the HW26 store.
I have a sticker from an IG-88, I wasn't planning on using it, so if you want it let me know. I'm moving to Eugene on Thursday, so, maybe I'll see some fellow scummers one of these days???

Reaction score
No need.

I check out TRU last Monday and the Peg Warmer of the Week is a three way tie between, Mace Windu, Darth Vader and that Purple Clone Trooper. Off subject but if anyone sees those new gijoes on the shelves during your Starwars search. Give me a shout out of what store they are at.

Reaction score
So who here drives a grey Jeep Cherokee w/ plates that say "DARK SD"?

Reaction score
The Wal-mart in Eugene on 11th Ave had 1 or 2 each of the Wal-Mart Exclusive wave on Tuesday night - I wonder how they lasted so long?

Anyone know why Oregon doesn't have it's own section for "Look What I found" like the other states?

Reaction score
ShyTown said:
The Wal-mart in Eugene on 11th Ave had 1 or 2 each of the Wal-Mart Exclusive wave on Tuesday night - I wonder how they lasted so long?

Anyone know why Oregon doesn't have it's own section for "Look What I found" like the other states?
I guess my question can answer itself - 12 days and no answer to my post. Well, I guess there's one thing I miss about moving from Wisconsin...but having no humidity kinda cancels that out!!

Reaction score
I didn't know there was a new post here. If we had our own forum I would check more often.

Reaction score
So is this our new forum? What happened to the other one??? Any new finds around the Valley? Nothing around Salem/Albany. Good luck to all!

Reaction score
Ramon said:
So is this our new forum? What happened to the other one??? Any new finds around the Valley? Nothing around Salem/Albany. Good luck to all!
After a certain number of posts the topic automatically closes. I started a new one.

Reaction score
Hey - not sure if anyone is interested in the 25th anniversary GI Joes...but, the Target on W. 11th in Eugene had some of the 5 packs today - 2 of the Joe and 4 of the Cobra - minus the Cobra pack I picked up

Not much else though...Just the regular Star Wars figs, Wal-Mart across the street on 11th had 2 of the Legend Shocktroopers, but nothing else worth noting.

Has anyone been to a Toy Shop in Downtown Eugene on 11th? They have a crazy array of toys - it's pretty cool. The Star Wars figs are about $8.50 and I saw the only McQuarrie Figs - 2 Chewies - I've ever seen in the wild there.

Reaction score
ShyTown said:
Has anyone been to a Toy Shop in Downtown Eugene on 11th? They have a crazy array of toys - it's pretty cool. The Star Wars figs are about $8.50 and I saw the only McQuarrie Figs - 2 Chewies - I've ever seen in the wild there.
I stopped shopping in there when the manager offered to sell a friend of mine 4 Hot Wheels Treasure hunt cars for $100. I've heard from other people that he's shady and makes a lot of deals for HTF toys on the side. I'm really surprised he let the McChewies hit the shelves.

Last Sunday I got my first 2007 UGH figure at Toys R Us by VRC. It looked like they got 3 in (animated fett, airborne trooper, and chewie), and this really old man was buying them all. I started talking to him about them and he noticed the animated fett had a bent corner, so he gave it to me. That's the first UGH figures I've ever bought in a store!

Reaction score
Dan_Beerdrinker said:
ShyTown said:
I stopped shopping in there when the manager offered to sell a friend of mine 4 Hot Wheels Treasure hunt cars for $100. I've heard from other people that he's shady and makes a lot of deals for HTF toys on the side. I'm really surprised he let the McChewies hit the shelves.

Whoever would buy 4 Hot Wheels for $100 kinda deserves it...nothing against your friend if he did buy them, but seriously, $100?!?!?

Reaction score
ShyTown said:
Dan_Beerdrinker said:
ShyTown said:

Whoever would buy 4 Hot Wheels for $100 kinda deserves it...nothing against your friend if he did buy them, but seriously, $100?!?!?
My sentiments exactly, but it didn't stop the owner from trying to sell them to him. And no, he didn't buy them, he doesn't even collect toy cars. I'm not too sure as to why the guy offered them up in the first place, but I thought it was a pretty dumb thing to do. I bought some GI Joes in the Springfield Fred Meyer the other day and the lady ringing me up was telling me how much each of the figures I had was going for on ebay. I've also seen a guy at the Gateway Target who stocks toys passing bags to a well-known collector in the parking lot. Everytime something like this happens, I just write that store off my list of places to buy figures.

The stockers around here have no shame.

Reaction score
BobaLukeDuke said:
Current wave is at TRU WS.

I finally got me a mcchewie. This guy is huge.
Where's "WS"??

Yeah, McChewie's super huge isn't he!?! I caved a few weeks ago and got him off of ebay for a pretty decent price. If you're an opener and have Sora Bulq (the Weequay Jedi) from last year's Saga collection, you should switch heads with the two of 'em...it looks pretty funny!!

Reaction score
Forgot to mention, the TRU by Valley River Center in Eugene has about 8-10 each of the AOTC and ROTS white clones from the Legends line. They also have 3 Dagobah X-wings and the large winged TIE fighter w/ the PotF2 Pilot...I haven't seen any of those around for a bit.

Edit: TRU also had the Legends Darth Maul, a couple of the tan battle droids, and the regular figs you see everywhere else...and a ton of Death Star Troopers.

Reaction score
Hey, the WS TRU has 2 Y-wings left. The helpfull employee looked up the Tie in the system and they have 800 of them sitting in the regional whse.

Reaction score
Does he have more than PoF2 and Revenge of the Sith?

I don't he'll make a lot of money selling those.
Maybe we should try a trade meeting of our own.

Reaction score
When I checked out his shop he seemd to have a little bit of everything. Vintage through TAC. He also carries Gentle Giant, Kotobukiya and some Master Replicas.

Reaction score
At least he's not cherry picking the Tigard area shops to stock his store anymore.

Reaction score
Is that the guy that has a sign in the window that says "Open: Whenever"? A long time ago I think I accidentally stumbled upon this store. He had a lot of pretty cool things, but the guy was a little weird. He had a homemade-looking lightsaber and I asked where he got it. He just gave me a serious look and goes "It's a REAL lightsaber".

Reaction score
Dan_Beerdrinker said:
Is that the guy that has a sign in the window that says "Open: Whenever"? A long time ago I think I accidentally stumbled upon this store. He had a lot of pretty cool things, but the guy was a little weird. He had a homemade-looking lightsaber and I asked where he got it. He just gave me a serious look and goes "It's a REAL lightsaber".

No, that's this other shop called something like Heroes and Hobbies.

Reaction score
Hello Oregon Scummers,
I have posted breifly in previous OREGON listings, having relocated from Sacramento in the nine months past, but I am petitioning to have our rightful place in the main stream boards prominantly depicted... UTAh postings are a waste of real estate and I am hoping for a logical bump for a group of collectors who will seriously help each other.. the mormoms are too busy singing at the tabernacle apparently...sad... but no regrtets for those who are willing to stand up and embrace the challenge of reporting serious finds on the greater west coast where we find reporting to be more sacred than the heathens of the bicycle riders of Jedidiah... Too busy knocking on deaf doorsteps apparently... GOD BLess Oregon and the doorsteps of Utah Proper...GOD WILLING, and MODERATORS LISTENING or so we all hope... echuta!

Reaction score
echuta said:
Hello Oregon Scummers,
I have posted breifly in previous OREGON listings, having relocated from Sacramento in the nine months past, but I am petitioning to have our rightful place in the main stream boards prominantly depicted... UTAh postings are a waste of real estate and I am hoping for a logical bump for a group of collectors who will seriously help each other.. the mormoms are too busy singing at the tabernacle apparently...sad... but no regrtets for those who are willing to stand up and embrace the challenge of reporting serious finds on the greater west coast where we find reporting to be more sacred than the heathens of the bicycle riders of Jedidiah... Too busy knocking on deaf doorsteps apparently... GOD BLess Oregon and the doorsteps of Utah Proper...GOD WILLING, and MODERATORS LISTENING or so we all hope... echuta!

What??

Edit: your sig is hillarious - I love that SNL skit!!

Reaction score
TRU Jantzen Beach had the Cantina/ROTJ wave of the 30th Anniv Collection this morning

Reaction score
I stopped by the Springfield Walmart yesterday, which is something I try to avoid because it's the most inbred store I've ever seen. They have 2 separate SW figure areas. The first one looks like the place they normally put the figures, the second one has all of the Unleashed and Fathers Day 2-packs and cantina band tins (pretty much all of the garbage that didn't sell), but also has around 20 pegs with basic figures.

So I start thumbing through them and I find a ton of stormtroopers and VOTC Biker Scouts. However, the Stormtroopers have all been replaced with POTF2 stormtroopers or sandtroopers. The VOTC figures have ALL been switched with POTF2 figures, and some of the clone troopers are switched with AOTC clones. All of them are missing weapons and some are even missing limbs.

What suprised me is the amount of effort that went into repackaging these figures. They've all been carefully removed from the package and reglued. Some of them were almost impossible to spot unless you knew that the figure wasn't right. One of the biker scouts had a UGH 2007 sticker on the front (still wondering why they took that precaution).

Anyway, I've seen switched figures before, but never so many at once. I'd say there were at least 15 switched and a couple of returned vehicles that were heavily taped on both ends (god knows what they put in the boxes).

I notified the toy lady, and she just stood there with a distant, open-mouthed stare, which was exactly what I had expected.

Reaction score
ShyTown said:
echuta said:
Hello Oregon Scummers,

What??

Edit: your sig is hillarious - I love that SNL skit!!
Thanks ShyTown RE: SNL reference,

I have put in a few post regarding taking over UTAH's lame top tier listings that they never utilize, just reiterating that Oregon Proper needs their space, since we seem to be helping/posting more consistantly than they ever will. I was involved with the AZ Scummers board a few years back regularly, and those guys are what got me into regular reporting on this board in the first place.
On the lookout for WAVE 4 in West Eugene, but I rarely have time to hunt nowadays.

Peace Y'all.

echuta

Reaction score
Dan_Beerdrinker said:
I stopped by the Springfield Walmart yesterday, which is something I try to avoid because it's the most inbred store I've ever seen. They have 2 separate SW figure areas. The first one looks like the place they normally put the figures, the second one has all of the Unleashed and Fathers Day 2-packs and cantina band tins (pretty much all of the garbage that didn't sell), but also has around 20 pegs with basic figures.

So I start thumbing through them and I find a ton of stormtroopers and VOTC Biker Scouts. However, the Stormtroopers have all been replaced with POTF2 stormtroopers or sandtroopers. The VOTC figures have ALL been switched with POTF2 figures, and some of the clone troopers are switched with AOTC clones. All of them are missing weapons and some are even missing limbs.

What suprised me is the amount of effort that went into repackaging these figures. They've all been carefully removed from the package and reglued. Some of them were almost impossible to spot unless you knew that the figure wasn't right. One of the biker scouts had a UGH 2007 sticker on the front (still wondering why they took that precaution).

Anyway, I've seen switched figures before, but never so many at once. I'd say there were at least 15 switched and a couple of returned vehicles that were heavily taped on both ends (god knows what they put in the boxes).

I notified the toy lady, and she just stood there with a distant, open-mouthed stare, which was exactly what I had expected.
Wow!! Some one has a lot of time on their hands...time that could be spent looking for a job instead of saving a few bucks and swaping out figs.

I just moved here about 2 months ago from Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and the only 2 figure swaps I've seen were out there. One was when the ROTS #41 Clone Trooper first came out, it was swapped with a CommTech Stormie - the one that showed blast damage on the shoulder when it got wet.

The 2nd was when the Clone Wars ARC-170 Transformer came out, some lameass swaped it with the regular deco 170. It was funny, cause it was all dusty and grimy, but whoever did it packaged it up really well, it took me a bit to figure out why it looked so wrong in the package. I was on my way to take it up to Customer Service, but knowing how they were they'd just put it back on the shelf. I think this was around a major holiday (December??) and couldn't help feel sorry for the kid who would get it from his grandma or someone and feel all ripped-off after realizing it was someone's junk. So, instead of dealing with some manager who would just look at me and go "aaa drrrrrr", I just chucked in the garbage on my way out. Problem solved!!

Ethical?? Maybe maybe not, but at least some kid didn't get it.

Reaction score
Hey guys, the WS TRU had a few Y-wings today. They had them up on the upper most shelf on top of some X-wings.

Reaction score
West 11th Target and Super-Wally had repacks galore tonight, bupkis on the New Waves 4 nor 5. Not finding new figs repeatedly when everyone around the nation is reporting these is really frustrating. I asked the toy stocker at Wally and she told me Star wars Figures were being discontinued at that store. WTF? I told her that was impossible, but her scan-tron confirmed that the 30th Anniv. Basic Assortment was not going to be replenished. Somebody f_ed up, or this store is getting even more ridiculously worse.
Peace, echuta

Reaction score
Hey, Toy Bliss has wave 5 and some of the TC-14 wave. I was going to buy the TC-14 but they would only sell it if you purchased 3 other figures with it. It wasnt a bad deal but as it was the other "hot" figures in that wave, but I already was giving them $55 for wave 5. They also said they should get more darktroopers in soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.