QUESTION Opinions on Topps autograph cards.

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So just lately I've bought a few boxes of Topps cards and came out with 3 pretty minor character autograph cards. It got me thinking as to whether Topps is saturating the market with auto cards now? You can buy a lot of cards on Ebay for $10 or so, which is good for collectors but there are just too many about. Has the desire for the guaranteed autograph hit became a bit tedious now? When you get minor characters in their hundreds it pretty much saturate the market.

Even though I got 3 minor characters, I'm actually happy with them and it is still a nice feeling to open up an auto card.

The whole autograph on a bit of tape is a bit dubious aswell. It seems as though Topps see this as an easier business move rather than shipping hundreds of cards but does it take away the personal touch. I have seen a photo where an actor is basically signing hundreds of these little stickers which are to be added to cards this making up the autographed card pull.

Is it spiralling out of control now? A lot of these cards will be worthless in the future but it's a very good business move by Topps to sell boxes of cards with the guarantee of an auto.

Would be good to hear some other opinions on this.

Reaction score
Yes, the market has been oversaturated. Unless it is a big hit, these lower tier auto cards are not gonna hold value because there are so many out there and they far exceed the demand. This has been the case with sports cards for a long time now..