Opinions on the 0.45 scale Master Replicas helmets please???

Reaction score
I have been pondering on whether or not to start buying some of the 0.45 scale Master Replicas Star Wars helmets as I've read mixed reviews, some saying they are rubbish (poorly made) & others saying they are great..., I'm wondering if anyone on here has any (well I know some of you do) & what your opinion of these helmets is??? :confused:

They seem to average between £35.00 to £60.00 over here in the UK but for my starter edition I've found a Boba Fett, Stormtrooper & Luke's X-Wing helmet for £65.99 (so about £22.00 each) which I thought was quite good & if I don't like them then at least I have a selection of these helmets if nothing else....
:\

The helmets I'd really like to get (after the initial 3) are Jango Fett's, Darth Vader's, Blackhole Stormtrooper & a couple of the clone helmets (white clone helmet & Commander Gree) but these are more expensive SO are they worth the money (£60.00+ per helmet)???
:eek:

Thanks.
:)

Reaction score
Well as I've not heard a peep out of anyone on here I've decided to go ahead & order the 3 0.45 scale helmets I mentioned (ordered from an ebay shop/seller), guess I'll just judge them for myself when they turn up next week & decide from there if I want to get anymore (or not)!!! :)

Reaction score
Just got offered Jango Fett's helmet at a goodish price so I've agreed to buy that too..., hoping it's not merely just Boba Fett's helmet just painted another colour as I do prefer to see differences between things, even similar items but I'll find out when it arrives. :)

Reaction score
I think they are great items, I have C3-PO / Gree / and Vader .For the cost you just can't beat them unless you can afford the full size helmets.

Reaction score
I think they are great items, I have C3-PO / Gree / and Vader .For the cost you just can't beat them unless you can afford the full size helmets.
Thanks for replying to my post, I was just looking at a C3-PO & wondering if it would look as good as my Gentle Giant statue I have of him. :) Funnily enough whilst I was typing this message a courier has knocked on the door & just given me the set of 3 helmets I had ordered & I have to admit they do look rather nice sat on my shelf..., I also like the detailing both outside & inside the helmets, wasn't expecting the detailing inside the helmets though so that was a nice surprise. :)

Reaction score
Does anyone have the Gentle Giant PINK Darth Vader 0.45 scale helmet??? & if so, how do you rate it??? :| I've been offered one at a cheap enough price BUT I've looked it up on ebay & it doesn't look quite right to me, maybe it's because it's pink..., I'm guessing that the helmet being black usually means it's detailing isn't as obvious because of the dark colour BUT I thought I'd ask first (before deciding if I want it or not). :\

Reaction score
I personally do not care for the look of either the gold or pink vader helmets. :disgusted: The clone trooper, stormtrooper and x-wing helmets are all good in my opinion. Also do not see the line going any further as long as GG has the license. They have had this license for at least two years now and have not put out anything original and have only done remakes of the vader and fett helmets...

Reaction score
I decided against the pink Darth Vader helmet & have bought a 501st clone trooper & a Commander Gree Master Replicas helmet instead..., 2 for the price of 1 which sealed the deal for me. :D Pity Gentle Giant aren't doing anything with the license, I find it odd that a company gets a license only to do little or nothing with it??? :confused: Hopefully they'll loose it because of the lack of output & some other company can then hopefully do a better job (& hopefully make some helmets that haven't been made yet/before).

Reaction score
I'd love to see more of this line. Still waiting on a Tie pilot, AT-AT Driver and Scout Trooper. I'd aslo love for someone to do Rocketeer helmet, Tron and Tron Legacy, Iron Man, Capt. America,Thor and Batman(West, Keaton, and Bale versions) at this scale and detail.

Reaction score
I'd love to see more of this line. Still waiting on a Tie pilot, AT-AT Driver and Scout Trooper. I'd aslo love for someone to do Rocketeer helmet, Tron and Tron Legacy, Iron Man, Capt. America,Thor and Batman(West, Keaton, and Bale versions) at this scale and detail.
I'd definately like a Tie Fighter Pilot, AT-AT Driver & the Scout Trooper..., I would also like a Snow Trooper & a phase 1 clone helmet, Captain Rex & Commander Cody's would be nice!!! :)

Reaction score
All of the Commanders would be nice, wouldn't mind seeing a Royal Guard & a Senate Guard helmet too. :) I'm sure we could think of loads more though, if given enough time!!! ;)

Reaction score
There definitely pretty cool, been thinking about spending the money on buying the Shock trooper was a UK exclusive, so far have the 501st and Gree's.

Last edited:
Reaction score
There definitely pretty cool, been thinking about spending the money on buying the Shock trooper was a UK exclusive, so far have the 501st and Gree's.
The Shocktrooper 0.45 helmets are being sold on ebay at the moment with a starting price of £85.00 ($130.00 at the current conversion rate), there are quite a few of them & I'd certainly like one but think that's a bit expensive really. I paid £29.99 for my Commander Gree & the 501st helmets & that included delivery. Even the 3 helmets I bought together only worked out around the £20.00 each mark so I don't think I'd pay much more than £40.00 tops for the Shocktrooper.

Reaction score
The Shocktrooper 0.45 helmets are being sold on ebay at the moment with a starting price of £85.00 ($130.00 at the current conversion rate), there are quite a few of them & I'd certainly like one but think that's a bit expensive really. I paid £29.99 for my Commander Gree & the 501st helmets & that included delivery. Even the 3 helmets I bought together only worked out around the £20.00 each mark so I don't think I'd pay much more than £40.00 tops for the Shocktrooper.
Same here, I've paid $30 (USD) per helmet which isn't expensive but I don't like to go above (50 USD)

Reaction score
I've e-mailed the seller on ebay of the 6 Shock Trooper 0.45 helmets & basically he says they are at the starting price of £85.00 because there were only 500 made for Europe, said the same amount were made for the Utapau clone trooper made for America although he said they sell for £120.00..., never seen one for sale though so I wouldn't know??? Hinted I'd buy one if it were cheaper but the chap isn't interested by the looks of things. :(

Reaction score
Hey, I'm planning on buying a 501st helmet. So how has the build of the helmet withstood time so far? I hear it creaks and makes scary sound when popping it into the socket. I'm not too worried about quality in paint or shape or anything because I hear those are quite accurate.

Reaction score
Hey, I'm planning on buying a 501st helmet. So how has the build of the helmet withstood time so far? I hear it creaks and makes scary sound when popping it into the socket. I'm not too worried about quality in paint or shape or anything because I hear those are quite accurate.
Have all of the Riddell and Master Replicas mini helmets. I can tell you they are excellent mini helmets. Not a crack nor any defect I can speak of on any of mine. The 501st helmet is fine. All these mini helmets make a little noise when popped into their sockets, but that's just it. They are very well made as far as I can tell. At least, that's been my experience.

Reaction score
Have all of the Riddell and Master Replicas mini helmets. I can tell you they are excellent mini helmets. Not a crack nor any defect I can speak of on any of mine. The 501st helmet is fine. All these mini helmets make a little noise when popped into their sockets, but that's just it. They are very well made as far as I can tell. At least, that's been my experience.
I hate to be anal about buying these, but since I'm late to the party I'll have to pay 50 for the 501st helmet. I saw this picture on google here: http://www.retrospace.co.nz/assets/resized/sm/upload/z3/q0/vm/6z/legiontrooperb-320-640-240-480.jpg
The problem I see on this one is the right side of the stripe above the black rubber part is off and not one smooth line unlike the other side of the stripe. That would seriously bother me, but hopefully that is an extremely rare mispaint.

Reaction score
I hate to be anal about buying these, but since I'm late to the party I'll have to pay 50 for the 501st helmet. I saw this picture on google here: http://www.retrospace.co.nz/assets/resized/sm/upload/z3/q0/vm/6z/legiontrooperb-320-640-240-480.jpg
The problem I see on this one is the right side of the stripe above the black rubber part is off and not one smooth line unlike the other side of the stripe. That would seriously bother me, but hopefully that is an extremely rare mispaint.
I believe that is just the angle the picture in your link was taken, and not a paint application issue. Because of the curvature in the design of the helmet in that area, when photographed from that angle, it gives the optical illusion the line below the brow does not follow the one above it. Here I took a couple of pictures of some of my helmets, including the 501st, to give you another visual perspective on the painted on lines. I hope this helps ...

Reaction score
That is quite odd, the angle the photo was taken seems pretty straight on! But hey, thanks for the photos. It really drives me to impulsive buy this RIGHT NOW! Anyone have any positive stories about the sellers on amazon selling this helmet? Most notably I am looking at game_city on amazon.com.

Reaction score
Welp, I couldn't wait any longer! Bought it from game_city on amazon. Paid a premium for it but hopefully it'll be free of defects and worth it!

Reaction score

Here , too? You are in three different areas of the forum discussing the same subjebt about the 501st mini helmet and created two threads about the same thing. Again, that is trolling. Read the rules.

Reaction score
Here , too? You are in three different areas of the forum discussing the same subjebt about the 501st mini helmet and created two threads about the same thing. Again, that is trolling. Read the rules.
Are you kidding me? Trolling? I took this conversation elsewhere to seek more information. This isn't my thread, but say what you want and complain about the small things.

Reaction score
Did you get your helmet ok???
Yea it was pretty smooth, other than the fact that mine didnt have a certificate of authenticity. The seller said all of his stock didnt have one. So I bought a commander gree helmet too so that way I can make sure I get one one way or another with the promise of having one! But I was quite glad the box was pristine. They just put the box into a shipping brown box from master replicas themselves. Not the most protective but all of them ship like that I think.

Reaction score
Yea it was pretty smooth, other than the fact that mine didnt have a certificate of authenticity. The seller said all of his stock didnt have one. So I bought a commander gree helmet too so that way I can make sure I get one one way or another with the promise of having one! But I was quite glad the box was pristine. They just put the box into a shipping brown box from master replicas themselves. Not the most protective but all of them ship like that I think.
Yes they do, I have 7 scaled replica helmets made by Master Replicas & they all came that way. :) Are you happy with the helmet(s)??? I quite like them myself & find them easier to display than the 1:1 scale versions so it makes them alot more practical really. :)

Reaction score
Yes they do, I have 7 scaled replica helmets made by Master Replicas & they all came that way. :) Are you happy with the helmet(s)??? I quite like them myself & find them easier to display than the 1:1 scale versions so it makes them alot more practical really. :)
All of yours had the certificate? Or yes the do as in they dont? But overall I a happy with the 501st one I currently have with a Gree on the way. Much better than the full scales without the interior detail and a fraction of the price! But I missed the "golden period" for buying these around 2008 to 2009 where they were consistently selling for below retail of 50 bucks! Too bad. I will probably stop with these two unless a stormtrooper scaled helmet falls under my radar with a decent price.

Reaction score
All of yours had the certificate? Or yes the do as in they dont? But overall I a happy with the 501st one I currently have with a Gree on the way. Much better than the full scales without the interior detail and a fraction of the price! But I missed the "golden period" for buying these around 2008 to 2009 where they were consistently selling for below retail of 50 bucks! Too bad. I will probably stop with these two unless a stormtrooper scaled helmet falls under my radar with a decent price.
All of my helmets came in the brown boxes..., I don't recall which had certificates though but I know not all of them did.

Reaction score
All of my helmets came in the brown boxes..., I don't recall which had certificates though but I know not all of them did.
Hmmm, seems odd not all of them do. But I hear the certificate isn't something to dwell on. Pretty generic piece of document am I right?

Reaction score
Welp, my new Commander Gree helmet came in today! I've got to say, much more pleased with this one than the 501st helmet. The colors are great in person. And finally came with a certificate of authenticity! Such a small piece of paper came as a surprise though. Looks like I have gotten the two that are still reasonably priced today other than the Rebel X-wing helmet that I don't desire. Anyone know any cool customs done on the plain white clone helmet? I might pick one of those up cheap and customize one or weather one.

Reaction score
Welp, my new Commander Gree helmet came in today! I've got to say, much more pleased with this one than the 501st helmet. The colors are great in person. And finally came with a certificate of authenticity! Such a small piece of paper came as a surprise though. Looks like I have gotten the two that are still reasonably priced today other than the Rebel X-wing helmet that I don't desire. Anyone know any cool customs done on the plain white clone helmet? I might pick one of those up cheap and customize one or weather one.
i think i have all the mini-helmets. including the shocktrooper and wedge. the gree is the cheapest and coolest in my opinion. i think a comic con retailer had then 1 or 2 years ago for 20 bucks. had a friend score me a shocktrooper from europe. i like the trooper helmets better than luke or wedge, but they are all pretty cool. glad you enjoy the gree. its a great helmet.

Reaction score
It is odd that all the clone helmets have that bump/seam on the left and right chin part. In the right light, they look odd. Especially since the left side is more protruding than the right. Still the only helmets with interior detailing disregarding the hard to find sideshow han and luke stormtrooper disguise sixth scale helmets.

Reaction score
Personally I've never understood why Gentle Giant have never released any new clone trooper helmets, if all they are interested in is resprays then the clone helmet is the perfect choice..., I'd certainly have bought them & I'm sure many other people would too.

Reaction score
Yea, I would love to add more clone helmets or a new stormtrooper one. I have actually inquired about their scaled helmets a month back and their reply is that they arent focusing on this line and are working on other "projects."

Reaction score
Yea, I would love to add more clone helmets or a new stormtrooper one. I have actually inquired about their scaled helmets a month back and their reply is that they arent focusing on this line and are working on other "projects."
Yeah, I know..., I find it frustrating, I've brought it up with Chris again though & he says he'll pass my request onto the developement department, personally I doubt we'll see anything from Gentle Giant in this line, I think the best news we can probably hope for is that another company will be taking over the licence..., we'll see some movement on this line then BUT who know even when that may happen??? :(

Reaction score
Yeah, I know..., I find it frustrating, I've brought it up with Chris again though & he says he'll pass my request onto the developement department, personally I doubt we'll see anything from Gentle Giant in this line, I think the best news we can probably hope for is that another company will be taking over the licence..., we'll see some movement on this line then BUT who know even when that may happen??? :(
Wouldnt it make sense for Efx to do them? Or even if Riddell took it on again. They had better functions on their helmets. Three piece vader was great.

Reaction score
Wouldnt it make sense for Efx to do them? Or even if Riddell took it on again. They had better functions on their helmets. Three piece vader was great.
I'd opt for eFX to get the licence if it were down to me..., I didn't know Riddell were still going though? They made a few prototype Tie Fighter Pilot helmets when they made the others but it never got released, if they are indeed still going then it'd be great if they took on the licence & finally made the Tie Fighter Pilot helmet..., it'd be pretty say for them to make the AT AT Driver too I would think. :)