Opinions on collecting shipping boxes?

Reaction score
Overall I always love the shipping boxes. No matter what you collect, somethings will be placed into boxes. Why not have original shipping boxes instead of plain ones?

Collect 21 Counter Display Shipping Case. Wish it had the carded figures.

Display21CounterTop1e.jpg

Chewbacca Stuffed Display

DisplayChewiePlush1c.jpg

Reaction score
Not sure if I like them or not. Anyways I have a sealed Shipping box of Vader Case

Reaction score
Well,

I really love this boxes, I guess is because in the early days nobody want to keep them and now are no easy to find. Of course would be more cool if you can find a sealed one
smirk.gif

L U I S

11_Vader_box_case_.jpg

10_Vader_case_ROTJ_65_mail_box_1.jpg

Reaction score
Dutch_SW_Fan said:
This one was on a dutch auction site about 3 years ago.

Thats the Speeder Bike "Palitoy Taiwan" case I mentioned earlier.
I couldn't find my own so thanks for posting that pic Michael
wink.gif

Mattias

Reaction score
Lafos said:
Shakey said:
Sorry guys but i just don’t get it......
...they look like brown boxes.......
You´re right, these are brown boxes, with a historical connection, esp. for vintage collectors. Everyone may have a vintage MOC, but who has a vintage shipping box, these MOCs where once shipped with ?!

Hi Lafos,

I agree my friend, in fact if you read my previous post fully you will see I said the self same thing.

Shakey said:
Don’t get me wrong I think having one flat at the back of a display as a point of history could be ok but anymore – I don’t think so.

Dave

Tommy_Garvey

Reaction score
I think this is the only shipping box that's ever been in my possession:

Vader shipping box

I really have to check the attic, to see if my parents might have kept it. I doubt it, but it's worth a shot.
wink.gif

Tommy

Reaction score
Tommy_Garvey said:

Vader shipping box

I really have to check the attic, to see if my parents might have kept it. I doubt it, but it's worth a shot.
wink.gif

Tommy

Would that have been a case for darth vaders tie fighter?.As it says 6 pieces on the side?

Reaction score
Tommy_Garvey said:

Vader shipping box

wink.gif

Tommy

WOW, I never seen this box before I guess is a ROTJ vader case, is the same size than ESB but looks different color and different text, but same 6 package.

I will love if you can find the box and post on RS

Regards

L U I S

Reaction score
StarWarsMuseum said:
Here is a nice straight pack of 12 Vaders.
vader12.jpg

Todd D
smile.gif

Yes I love this picture, I dont seen this one since Jordan was selling this figures

L U I S

Reaction score
StarWarsMuseum said:
Here is a nice straight pack of 12 Vaders.
vader12.jpg

Todd D
smile.gif
Dear God in Heaven!
Has anyone ever seen any type of Butch and Sundance Shipping box. I would love to add one to my focus. Ryan

Reaction score
This may be the most valuable shipping box of all time. Sold for 950 bucks at CIV. Straight from the LFL archives.

594080932_0b090e1c13.jpg

This expalins the high price !

594080956_74ef43e9bd.jpg

Reaction score
Dutch_SW_Fan said:
This one was on a dutch auction site about 3 years ago.

Michael

Got mine in a trade earlie 2000-2001, not exactly the same, but similar:
IMG_1686.jpg

It was opened, but complete with 12 MISB Speeder Bikes. Funny is that all have swedish stickers.

/Michael

Reaction score
lurv1 said:
It was opened, but complete with 12 MISB Speeder Bikes. Funny is that all have swedish stickers.
The shipping box was most likely opened at PlayMix and the stickers applied by hand.
Then the box was re-sealed and sent to the stores. This was how the Swedish
instructions was added to some vehicles and similiar stickers was applied to
other toy lines, e.g. MLP. Note PlayMix own stock no. written by hand
cool.gif

As you know Michael, I'd love to get such a box some day
wink.gif
Looks great!

Mattias

Reaction score
i'm liking the foriegn boxes that have turned up. and i am happy that people out there actually thought to save these. not something that i can see myself actively collecting though and i think that has a lot to do with their size. they can be big and require lots of room to display. and with my collection, space is a valuable commodity.

i did grab one of the shipping boxes for the 95 potf2 figures when they first came out. not as cool as a vintage one but i was working at target stocking toys at the time so it was pretty easy to jsut take one home. it was more for novelty sake than "collection" purposes and i could never figure a good way to display it, and it has been in the back of the closet ever since.

don

Dustin

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
StarWarsMuseum said:
Action Figure Cartons:
DSCN1604a.jpg

Wow! I think it is cool that they used different color ink for the boxes. Nowadays they just look so dang plain....

Cool topic, nice to see so many other folks colelcting them and with images too!

Reaction score
Does anyone know where to get hold of these shipping boxes? I got one one bay, and hadn't seen them before and got it, but that was a few years ago and haven't seen any since on ebay. I paid a dollar for it I think as no one else bid on it, the postage was more than the actual box. How much have people paid for their boxes? How much do they go for?

Forgive me, if its a stupid question.

Reaction score
Ok so I started picking these things up over the past couple of years, and have come to like them quite a bit. Lots of interesting variations. So I was going to start my own thread about what all is out there when I dug up this old thread from 2008. Lots of great pictures in here. Below is what I currently have. I also have a speederbike box that is not pictured. I also am working on a spreadsheet that has all the variations that I can find pics of so if anyone else out there is collecting boxes post some pics. Also if you have one you don't want drop me a PM, mainly looking for the action figure boxes only.

Thanks
Todd
Click to enlarge

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think they are definitely part of this collecting scene - How cool would it be to have a full one??? (Any one would do me..)

Yak

Reaction score
Does any one have any idea of what figures were in any of the assortment cases? I know the answer is almost certainly no... but it's amazing the information that turns up these days.

cheers

Reaction score
That's quite the collection of shipping boxes that you've been able to find Todd! They're really a fun item that I think gets overlooked.

Reaction score
I don't think shipping boxes are quite for me, but with the colored text, they do look pretty sweet. Thanks for sharing, Todd. Can anyone clue me in on the value of a typical shipping box? It seems like rarity of any character-specific box would be approximately the same (not necessarily the demand though). And off topic, but the shipping boxes got me thinking about it... is there any estimates of action figure populations from back in the day? e.g. How many Dengars were made, and how many Ponda Babas were made? Or how many figures were produced total?

-Mike

Last edited:
Reaction score
I started picking up some shipping boxes last year. I think that they are pretty cool and look cool stacked up like old store stock. Here are a couple of pictures of the ones I have been able to pick up so far.

Reaction score
Who is this "Ponda Baba" you speak of?

Just kidding, but in the vintage section we usually refer to him as Walrusman. ;)

Ian

Ian,
Actually it is Walrus Man. And you call yourself a vintage collector.

Todd

$_57.JPG

Reaction score
That's kind of prejudice to refer to him as "Walrus Man." He's a person (err or a walrus-man), and his name is Ponda Baba. By the way, does anyone have a Momaw Nadon for sale? I just like to stir up the pot a little...

Reaction score
Regarding values, here is what I have been finding them for. I do think that variations can make a world of difference in pricing.

50-80 ROTJ
80-120 ESB
100-150 POTF
SW???

Reaction score
I've got a green ink, offerless ROTJ box...it came from Jawa Traders (is that the right name?) who brokered the Gary Kurtz collection and it has "ESB" written on the top of it. Not sure why.