Opening Classic Edition 4 Pack

Reaction score
I've been thinking of opening my Classic Edition 4-Pack in order to have the vintage figures lose. Back a few years ago I was hard up for money and sold all my loose vintage figures and now I'm looking to rebuild that collection and I don't really care if they are reissues or not. But my question here is this pack some kind of super rare thing that I will regret ruining once I do open it? I haven't really looked it up, but I know on places like ebay prices can vary on thing from people just trying to get rid of it so they price it low to sell, to people setting insane BIN prices that they hope some sucker will pay. So I just want to know what the deal is with this pack before I take action.

Reaction score
Don't open it! It's not super rare but it is very hard to find. If you were to sell it unopened you'd get $25-60 depending on condition.

Reaction score
Yes, but can I get the same 4 vintage figures in this good of shape for the same 25-60 bucks? I mean if it's going to cost me 40 bucks to get all four of these figures loose and the set is only worth say 25, (the pill on mine is bent in a little cause something got stored on top of it at some point, and there is some wear on the corners. So I wouldn't say it's C-10 or anything. More like C-8/C-7)then I'd just rather open this one and save myself the cash.

Reaction score
Rama said:
Yes, but can I get the same 4 vintage figures in this good of shape for the same 25-60 bucks? I mean if it's going to cost me 40 bucks to get all four of these figures loose and the set is only worth say 25, (the pill on mine is bent in a little cause something got stored on top of it at some point, and there is some wear on the corners. So I wouldn't say it's C-10 or anything. More like C-8/C-7)then I'd just rather open this one and save myself the cash.
Well, maybe $60. Only Luke in good shape will cost you ~$20-$30, the rest you can for ~$8-$12. So do the math. It all comes down to your preference and the reason why you collect if you'll be satisfied looking (and playing) with your loose figures (like me) then go ahead, if you are planning to sell them later, that's a different story. Whatever makes you happy go for it, the hobby is supposed to be fun

Reaction score
I would say open it! It has been many years since this item fetched anywhere near $60. Unless it is DEAD mint, I wouldn't not expect to get more than $15-20 on eBay. Really, they are easier to find now than they were 15 years ago.

Reaction score
AaylaSecurasMan said:
Well, maybe $60. Only Luke in good shape will cost you ~$20-$30, the rest you can for ~$8-$12. So do the math. It all comes down to your preference and the reason why you collect if you'll be satisfied looking (and playing) with your loose figures (like me) then go ahead, if you are planning to sell them later, that's a different story. Whatever makes you happy go for it, the hobby is supposed to be fun
Oh I doubt I'd ever sell them. It just comes down to if I want to leave them on the shelf where they are, or take them down, open them, and then put them on the other shelf.

But yeah a good non-yellow farm boy Luke will run you and one of the reason I am considering opening this. But I keep going back and forth on this in my own mind. One minute I want to open it, the next I don't. There are two parts of my brain at odds here. The part that loved the vintage figures I had, and wanting to get those back again. And the other part that is so scared he'll open a really brag worthy item. Hence looking for input on it. No profit or selling was in my mind here.

Its_A_Trap said:
I would say open it! It has been many years since this item fetched anywhere near $60. Unless it is DEAD mint, I wouldn't not expect to get more than $15-20 on eBay. Really, they are easier to find now than they were 15 years ago.
Yeah I looked around and while there are some crazy people wanting like 70 bucks for it, there are a few that only want 19.99 plus shipping on ebay. And Big Bad Toy Store has it in stock for $26 bucks. Since it was 19 when it was new, that's not too bad. I have considered just buying another set and opening the one that's in better shape. Still don't know what I am going to do.

Reaction score
Just open it.

It's not that rare, and you won't be able to make lots of money from selling it.

If you want the figures, then to me the answer is mind numbingly simple: OPEN THEM.

Reaction score
Ackbars_No1_Fan said:
Just open it.

It's not that rare, and you won't be able to make lots of money from selling it.

If you want the figures, then to me the answer is mind numbingly simple: OPEN THEM.
Well I never had any intention of making lots of money from it. I just didn't want to turn a rare item into a less rare item by opening it. But it seems the opposite is true. So....I opened it. I figure if I want it back I should be able to get one.

Reaction score
With Vintage being as valuable as it is now, if that set was going to jump in value, it would have by now. I think it was a good call to open it.

Reaction score
I've actually been thinking about buying two sets - one to open, one to keep boxed - to go along with my Boba Fetts.

Last I looked, everyone wanted $60 or more, but a few weeks before that there was one that sold for $10.

Reaction score
I've actually been thinking about buying two sets - one to open, one to keep boxed - to go along with my Boba Fetts.

Last I looked, everyone wanted $60 or more, but a few weeks before that there was one that sold for $10.
I opened mine. The only problem is that these figures are a little shorter than their vintage counterparts. Not by much, but still, it does kind of suck.