OP "official picture taking"

Reaction score
OP \"official picture taking\"

I'm sorry but, good Lord what a ripoff! I'm curious who came up with this idea, the actors who decided they didn't want pictures for free anymore or OP who decided they needed to milk some more money out of people?

I mean c'mon if you've wanted to take your pic with Mark Hamill, you get a chance but woops your friend can't take the picture and if you want it you owe us 70 bucks now.

Reaction score
Re: OP \"official picture taking\"

This seems to be the norm at any convention now. I'm not criticizing OPX, but the prices charged for these official pictures at any convention are way too much. After paying $20+ for an autograph, I don't think it is too much trouble to ask for 10 seconds of the actor's time while a photo is snapped with my camera. And if they refuse, that's no problem either.

With $ being tight today, getting an "official picture" is an easy thing to write off as not being necessary at a convention.

Reaction score

Charging for a picture with actors doesn't bother me if it brings in the bigger stars and makes the autograph line move faster.

Reaction score

The portrait studio was a great idea that worked very well at CJ. It was an excellent opportunity to get a professional studio quality pic with your fave SW celebrity and it was a very popular feature.

And, I never once saw a celeb turn down a photo with a fan while signing or walking the floor.

Reaction score

JimmyMac said:
The portrait studio was a great idea that worked very well at CJ. It was an excellent opportunity to get a professional studio quality pic with your fave SW celebrity and it was a very popular feature.

And, I never once saw a celeb turn down a photo with a fan while signing or walking the floor.
That's what I witnessed also. The only "downside" to the portrait studio is that it meant the celeb wasn't available for signing