One We Already Know To Stay Clear Of

Reaction score
Snakeriverman, as we all know, sells lots of repro or "custom" pieces. One thing I noticed today is back to back listed auctions/buy it nows on ebay where he lists a figure as "w/ original weapon" and the very next one (same figure mind you) as "w/ custom weapon". Here's the same snowtrooper in two back to back listings as an example:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NICE-UNIVISOR-Snowtrooper-ORIGINAL-Weapon-w-Cape-1980-Vintage-Star-Wars-C9-4/372688628102?hash=item56c5f92986:g:yyUAAOSwul9dARun

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NICE-UNIVISOR-Snowtrooper-w-Cape-Weapon-Rifle-1980-Vintage-Star-Wars-C9-4/312653702982?hash=item48cb9ce746:g:yyUAAOSwul9dARun

If you look at the pictures, they are the exact same photo! No where does he say, this is the exact item you will receive, but they are the exact same figure with the exact same grade and description. The only difference being the original vs "custom" status. Now maybe his intention is that if he sells one he will take the other listing down and just make the weapon swap so that it's accurate when he sells it. But using the same picture for both listings is misleading no matter what. Either the figure is holding an original rifle or he's holding a repro. Most people know to stay clear of him, but for those on here who do buy, even under his "original weapon" listings, just be cautious because there's a lot of misleading stuff going on there. I'm using the snowtrooper as an example, however, there are multiple instances where the same photo is used. Just be careful out there.

Reaction score
im so glad that
1 gijoe collectors dont care about repros its refreshing.
2 that im almost done with star wars and wont have to worry much longer about the repro albatross hanging over my head.
only 4 figures to go before it becomes all about the last 17 and with prices the way they are and always will be more like a brick wall.

Reaction score
I black listed snakeman awhile ago. He is shady with repros but he also takes photos of items in a way that doesn't show damage or blemishes. Fool me once, never again.

Reaction score
He was ahead of the curve when it comes to repro. I bought a blaster for last 17 poncho luke off him. This was a few years ago. The blaster floated but looked slightly off. I listed it here for everyone to see and sure enough it was fake. He did refund my money but I had to pay shipping .via paypal agreement.

I noticed with his sales that he carefully words all his auctions. If he uses key words like "possible", than its fake.

If you are buying repro all is good. He will ship fast and he communicates well. I would just be careful with non repro items. He did have a couple of non repro items that I was looking for but his package deal was 10 percent off each piece with flat rate combined shipping. I didn't do it.

Reaction score
Snakeriverman, as we all know, sells lots of repro or "custom" pieces. One thing I noticed today is back to back listed auctions/buy it nows on ebay where he lists a figure as "w/ original weapon" and the very next one (same figure mind you) as "w/ custom weapon". Here's the same snowtrooper in two back to back listings as an example:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NICE-UNIVISOR-Snowtrooper-ORIGINAL-Weapon-w-Cape-1980-Vintage-Star-Wars-C9-4/372688628102?hash=item56c5f92986:g:yyUAAOSwul9dARun

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NICE-UNIVISOR-Snowtrooper-w-Cape-Weapon-Rifle-1980-Vintage-Star-Wars-C9-4/312653702982?hash=item48cb9ce746:g:yyUAAOSwul9dARun

If you look at the pictures, they are the exact same photo! No where does he say, this is the exact item you will receive, but they are the exact same figure with the exact same grade and description. The only difference being the original vs "custom" status. Now maybe his intention is that if he sells one he will take the other listing down and just make the weapon swap so that it's accurate when he sells it. But using the same picture for both listings is misleading no matter what. Either the figure is holding an original rifle or he's holding a repro. Most people know to stay clear of him, but for those on here who do buy, even under his "original weapon" listings, just be cautious because there's a lot of misleading stuff going on there. I'm using the snowtrooper as an example, however, there are multiple instances where the same photo is used. Just be careful out there.

I am by no means condoning him, but I do think he just uses stock photos for a lot of his listings. I can't think of anything I have purchased from him, other than the remote for my Sandcrawler a few years ago. There were no issues with the deal, but where he does sell a lot of repro items, I try to avoid dealing with him.

Reaction score
I also "like" how he seriously over grades items. He'll say it is a 9.5+ in his title and say it is one of the nicest ones he has ever seen. The pictures reveal a lot of damage. That said, I did get a very nice Bespin Han from him in immaculate condition a few years ago with a legit weapon for less than $25 shipped. Hard to get one with nice cowlicks!