One more distraction task before getting back to big diorama project LOL (background pic replacement)

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Many many years ago, I made a Jabba's Trophy diorama, followed by a Jabba's band diorama; part of my solution for the Band dio was to take a pic of the Trophy dio and print it onto glossy photo paper and have it serve as the background (since the Han carbonite alcove was behind the band). I liked the idea of using my own dio image instead of a film screen cap. This was the result:

Of course, it's not very bright, and was not wide enough of an image to cover the entire archway... so I replicated the image sides (you can see the tray table on the left, TWICE :LOL:. Well, having recently completed a major overhaul to the Jabba Trophy dio, I went ahead and took a pic of the new version to replace the old. Here's a comparison of the two:

SO much better, but I was going to have the same problem of it being too narrow. I really didn't want to double the image, so I decided to take a little creative license and make more dark blue drapes (like those to the right and left inside the Trophy alcove) to make up the space. There may not have been drapes there (at least not obviously), but there COULD be! Here is the pic with the drapes hot-glued down:

And in place; much happier with this background!

Sy's overhead light turned on:

Here's a link to my old Sy Snootles custom thread: https://forum.rebelscum.com/threads/the-sy-snootles-project-not-a-band-name.980096/

Reaction score
Crisp, daddy-o, reeeeeeeeaaaaal crisp! Much improved! And Sy is fantastic! I remember the custom and looked at it a million times doing my own, even lengthened the legs like you did.

Reaction score
The photo is very nice for completing the scene, and the drapes do the job bridging the 3D and 2D aspects. The new Carbonite alcove is still amazing.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Thanks so much, guys! One thing I had to do was digitally erase Boushh from the image because I had hot-glued her in place. The original pic is this one:

And here it is with my poor-man's Photoshop (MS Paint) removal of Boushh!