QUESTION on ebay.....

Reaction score
is there a way to keyword search exempt anything that has repro or reproduction in the description. I'm looking for parts for minirigs, a y wing, millenium falcon, and a few figures I have but every time I see something interesting it's got repro in the description

Reaction score
Don’t know if you are searching on desktop or within the app, but the process is the same.

To add an exclusion, type a “-“ in front of the term to exclude. For example:

R2D2 pop up saber -reproduction

would return all results of an R2D2 with a pop up saber and EXCLUDE any results that have the word “reproduction” in the title.

If you want to extend that exclusion to the description, you will have to go into advance search and toggle that on.

You can also add multiple exclusions, just put a “-“ in front of each term.

Hope this helps

Reaction score
Dont forget to add: "-repro" or "-replica" or "-printed"

I've found that I add these to a search, then run the search. As I stumble on more listings with reproductions, I note what terminology they added, then include that in my "exception" search.

Reaction score
You will mis out on all those listings by people that know their stuff and put "no reproduction"in their item description. Ebay advanced search function also allows you to exclude certain sellers from your search in case yo keep running into multiple listings of items you are not looking for by the same seller.

Reaction score
an interesting thing i also learned, if you put multiple keywords in parenthesis it will search for both as an OR

for example, if you search the below search it will separately search for "ewok wicket" or "ewok lumat"
ewok (wicket,lumat)

Reaction score
an interesting thing i also learned, if you put multiple keywords in parenthesis it will search for both as an OR

for example, if you search the below search it will separately search for "ewok wicket" or "ewok lumat"
ewok (wicket,lumat)
Really? It's awesome. Now I know, thank you for letting us know. To learn something new every day is still exciting.

Reaction score
Really? It's awesome. Now I know, thank you for letting us know. To learn something new every day is still exciting.
i learned it when i was looking for a plastic car model. sometimes the years are 2 digit and sometimes 4 digit. i dont even remember how exactly i found it, ebay somehow put it in for me, but i dont remember why.