Ohio G.I. Joe thread: ROC, POC, and everything new

Reaction score
Still haven't seen any sign of the new "ultimate" figures out there...

i think they're only going to be available at TRU's and Walgreens only, right? Anyone seeing these elsewhere (aside from online stores)?

Reaction score
I haven't seen any yet, but people in other states have found the Ultimate wave at Walmart & K-Mart stores. I have seen that they have been found at stores in the Kroger family of stores too. So, they may show up at Kroger Marketplaces. I haven't really been hunting since I'm been lucky getting all that I want from HTS. I just would like 3 more Night Vipers and a bunch of the Night Landing Crafts if they ever show up.

Reaction score
I picked up the new Firefly at Walgreens today.
That's the third new figure this particular store has had.
Last week i got Ultimate Duke there, and the week before, another local guy found a Combat Ninja.

Reaction score
I picked up the new Firefly at Walgreens today.
That's the third new figure this particular store has had.
Last week i got Ultimate Duke there, and the week before, another local guy found a Combat Ninja.
Is this store a hotbed for collectors?/Does this store put out that many cases in a short time? Or are they just ridiculously slow at re-stocking (by putting out only one fig on the hooks at a time)? :confused:

Last edited:
Reaction score
these stores don't receive full, 12 figure, cases. their warehouses only get a few cases at a time. those then get split/divided up and sent to stores. stores only get 1-2, maybe 3 figures at a time. hope that helps. what they get is random.

Last edited:
Reaction score
^what he said^

You'll never see more than three figures at a time in a Walgreens. And when you do, two of them will be pegwarmers from wave 1, or even as far back as ROC.

Reaction score
In the mail today from HTS, a Blind Master and two Jinx.

Done until the Night Landing pops up somewhere (fingers crossed) or I stumble upon army builders at the drug stores.

Reaction score
I received my Jinx, Lady Jaye & 3 Night Vipers from HTS yesterday. Now I'm just waiting on them to ship my Ultimate Dukes and Combat Ninjas. I would like to pick up 3 more Night Vipers. At least on here you don't get attacked for being an army builder!

I really hope that Night Landing Craft gets released! I remember hearing at JoeCon that they were produced, but what there whereabouts are now is certainly a mystery. I'm thinking they will be joining the cases of Repainted Croc Masters and Blowtorches in that huge Government warehouse in Indiana Jones.

Reaction score
Well, it is official that G.i. Joe has been deleted from the Walmart planogram! They are currently clearancing remaining stock. That only leaves TRU as the only major retail store stocking Joes. Too bad the ones around here have stocked about 3-4 pegs full of wave 1 Duke, Roadblock & Snake Eyes!

Reaction score
Well, it is official that G.i. Joe has been deleted from the Walmart planogram! They are currently clearancing remaining stock. That only leaves TRU as the only major retail store stocking Joes. Too bad the ones around here have stocked about 3-4 pegs full of wave 1 Duke, Roadblock & Snake Eyes!
I noticed that a few weeks back...and that is why I was worried about TRU being the only outlet I was aware of that was still receiving the new wave.

Glad to hear that I've at least got a shot at them at KMart and Walgreens...

Reaction score
Stopped by my closest TRU after work today and, lo and behold, most of the new "ultimates" wave was out!

Picked up Ultimate Flint, Storm Shadow, Kwinn, and Budo. Left Roadblock, Firefly, and Duke...

Last edited:
Reaction score
I got another Data Viper today, this time from Walgreens.
Odd that he was there, the store was right next to a hotel that was hosting a Cleveland Comic Con. A few hundred nerds withing a hundred feet and I get a Data Viper, one of two figures on the pegs.

Reaction score
Picked up a Night Viper this morning from the Sawmill Rd Kroger Marketplace. No sign of Jinx or Blind Master. Not that I wanted them, but thought it was odd that they were gone and the Night Viper was still there. Anyway, still looking for two more.

Reaction score
Picked up another Night Viper as well as Blind Master, Jinx, and Lady Jaye from the Sawmill Rd Kroger Marketplace this morning. I had a Joe Colton in my hands, but the eyes were painted horribly! I haven't seen one yet with decent paint apps on the eyes.

Reaction score
Picked up another Night Viper as well as Blind Master, Jinx, and Lady Jaye from the Sawmill Rd Kroger Marketplace this morning. I had a Joe Colton in my hands, but the eyes were painted horribly! I haven't seen one yet with decent paint apps on the eyes.
Tell me about it! Hasbro's factories in China must have the eye paint application set to "Corporate View of Our Customer Base"...:rolleyes: I'm shocked they couldn't get it right.

Reaction score
I saw several cases of Retaliation wave one at a few Marc's stores...$1.99 each.
Also spotted a lone Ultimate Roadblock at the Super Kmart in Lorain.

Reaction score
Received my 4 Night Vipers and 2 Crimson Guards from HTS a couple of days ago.

Now I might finally get to set-up my display space after dealing with a busted water heater and a partially flooded basement. Luckily I've had experience dealing with basement floods before and everything on the floor was in plastic containers! Take that water! You won't hurt anymore of my plastic friends...I mean toys!

Reaction score
Since there is nothing at retail right now, I picked up a SDCC 2012 Shockwave set and also the SDCC 2011 Starscream set too. I was bummed that I sold those two a while ago and wanted to complete my set. Also, waiting on a box of 25th anniversary vehicles to be delivered. One of which is a Stinger!

Reaction score
Picked up an Ultimate Storm Shadow and a Lady Jaye this morning at a Giant Eagle. I'm hoping that if I keep the pegs cleared that they might restock with some army builders.

I also received my box full of 25th anniversary goodness yesterday. I got another Stinger, Firebat, Ghost Hawk, Ram Cycle with Trouble Bubble and an Armadillo with Serpentor's Air Chariot.

Reaction score
Nothing too exciting, but I did manage to pick up a Retaliation wave 1 Cobra Commander (black version) at Marc's today for $1.99.
I never picked up this figure before but for two bucks, I figured the price alone a good excuse to buy something.

Reaction score
Took advantage of the new HTS code and decided to fially pick up Colton and Lady Jaye.
$17 shipped for both!

SPRING14 for 20% off and free shipping

Reaction score
Picked up lots of Joe goodness lately! In the mail I received: FSS2 Keel Haul, Toll Booth, Big Bear, Bombardier, TF Shipwreck, TF Airtight, NF Falcon and Grand Slam!

Also, I finally pulled the trigger on the Dreadnoks 7-pack from BBTS.

Plus I replaced the SDCC Starscream set that I sold. Now I have a complete set of all three with a double of the Jetfire set.

Then I just picked up two more Eaglehawks at TRU! They were on sale for 40% off which came out to about $28 each including tax.

Reaction score
Found a case of Wave 4 this morning at the Sawmill Rd TRU! Picked up another Night Viper, Jinx, Blind Master, Joe Colton (without weird eyes!) and Lady Jaye. Plus I got to finally use one of their coupons and got 20% off of them too!

I stopped by a Five Below last night and they had absolutely nothing Joe related.

Reaction score
coming back from the Columbus toy show, found a night viper and blind master at the Polaris tru. left the rest.

Reaction score
Strongsville FiveBelow had a full case of the ultimates wave as of about an hour ago.
I couldn't resist the army builders so I got Flint, Duke, and the Combat Ninja.
I also grabbed Snake Eyes because I never got this version, and I couldn't pass on it for five bucks.

Reaction score
I struck plastic gold at Fairlawn TRU this morning.
Got a Night Viper, Jinx, and Cyber Ninja all for $3.20 each!!!
They were accidentally placed on a clearance peg and were an additional 50% off today.

Reaction score
Here are my recent acquisitions:

Picked up a bunch of figures from the Ultimate wave at 5 Below.

I got some JoeCon goodies in the mail: Carded Joe Colton & Night Force Crazylegs.

From the collector's club: Carded Cross County, Bagged Cross Country and the HAVOC-MK-II

Then this morning I picked up two more Night Vipers from the Sawmill Rd TRU.

Reaction score
Was able to grab quite a few SS, SE for figure customs and also Duke, Budo, Crimson Guard, and Data Viper from my local 5Below. They've been restocking the "ultimates" wave quite heavily over the last week and a half.

Reaction score
Was able to grab quite a few SS, SE for figure customs and also Duke, Budo, Crimson Guard, and Data Viper from my local 5Below. They've been restocking the "ultimates" wave quite heavily over the last week and a half.
The stores near me are all overloaded with Budo and Quinn.

Reaction score
I just picked up a POC Shock Trooper on clearance at Kmart for $1.83.
It's practically mint, like case fresh.
Makes me wonder if it's been stashed for the past few years.

Reaction score
was able to pick up a set of the 50th stuff at a tru in Toledo this past Saturday.

Reaction score
Here is my haul between TRU.com, Sawmill TRU and the Heath TRU:
2X - SDCC Danger at the Docks
2X - Danger at the Docks
2X - Battle Below Zero
3X - Night Viper / Low Light 2-packs
3X - Heat Viper / Blowtorch 2-packs
1X - The Viper's Pit 3-pack

Still looking for the other 3-pack and waiting for series two of the 2-packs.

Reaction score
Just picked up 3 Artic BAT/Snow Job 2-packs and 1 Lady Jaye/Baroness 2-pack at the Sawmill Rd TRU. The paint apps on all of the Lady Jaye/Baroness 2-packs were horrible! Also picked up a Night Viper on clearance.

Then I joked with a couple employees about the Breaking Bad ridiculousness...since those figures would be next to the Sons of Anarchy figures and the Funko Horror Movie figures.

Reaction score
Between TRU.com, HTS, and several TRU stores....I managed to get all of the 2-packs including a couple extra Shadow Guards. I managed to get both SDCC vehicle packs and also the Silent Strike set from TRU. The Silent Strike set is pretty awesome! I will probably buy a couple more when I have some Rewards coupons. I managed to buy all of the 3-packs except for the Chase for the M.A.S.S. Device packs as I don't need anything from that pack. The 3-packs are filled with awesome figures and an awesome bargain at $19.99!!!

Every TRU store that I have been to over the past couple or weeks has received at least 2 shipments of the figure packs and they all sell out within a day or two.