Ohio G.I. Joe thread: ROC, POC, and everything new

Reaction score
Picked up 2 more POC General Hawks and 2 Cobra Troopers w/o barbed wire from Giant Eagle this morning. These figures come with so much gear it is awesome, plus they are only $7.49 too!!!

Reaction score
Giant Eagle is driving me nuts. It seems like only 1 in 5 stores even sells toys.
What aisle are you guys seeing them in? I've sen them in the baby aisle most of the time.

Reaction score
Giant Eagle is driving me nuts. It seems like only 1 in 5 stores even sells toys.
What aisle are you guys seeing them in? I've sen them in the baby aisle most of the time.
The 1 out of 5 average seems to be pretty accurate! However, I manages to pick up a Cobra Commander, 5 Steel Brigade troopers, 2 Cobra Troopers and another General Hawk. Seems as though the peg has to be empty for them to put out about 4 figures at a time.

Reaction score
It's Killing me that the only Dollar General figs I've seen at retail are Black Hooded Cobra Commander and Shipwreck(?right or am I already hallucinating?) I want that black Trooper SO bad! What's wrong with my Dollar Generals?

Reaction score
It's Killing me that the only Dollar General figs I've seen at retail are Black Hooded Cobra Commander and Shipwreck(?right or am I already hallucinating?) I want that black Trooper SO bad! What's wrong with my Dollar Generals?
What figures are you looking for? Duke and Cobra Trooper always go first as army builders, but I may be able to help you out. I haven't been in my local DGs for a while but can check them out for you.

Also, I finally completed my vintage Crimson Attack Tank!!! I know it is just a repainted MOBAT, but it is my precious!!! Picked up a Blowtorch and Steel Brigade Trooper at Giant Eagle yesterday too.

Reaction score
Duke and Cobra Trooper always go first as army builders,
I was in one DG a few weeks ago that had three Dukes, three Cobra Commanders, two Stormshadows, and one Shipwreck.
Duke seems to hang around here and there but I've only seen the black trooper three times now, bought them all and still want a few more (if I see them).

Reaction score
I was in one DG a few weeks ago that had three Dukes, three Cobra Commanders, two Stormshadows, and one Shipwreck.
Duke seems to hang around here and there but I've only seen the black trooper three times now, bought them all and still want a few more (if I see them).
I guess the Dukes would be sticking around here too, except that I have been buying them as army builders for my Green Shirts. The Cobra Commander is pure garbage though! I hit two stores yesterday and they both had empty pegs. I'm still hoping to stumble upon some more Jungle BATs at Walgreens, CVS or Giant Eagle. I've bought a bunch of army builders hoping that the next time Giant Eagle restocks will be with BATs only to keep getting more army builders.

Reaction score
Well I want to see these things up close. I know I definitely want at least 1 Cobra Trooper. I was complaining mostly because the distribution of figures to my local Dollar Generals is crappy at best. Only 1 store even had any, and none of the workers have any idea what I'm talking about. Maybe I'm just not hitting up enough stores. I hit Mentor on the Lake, Madison, & Eastlake. I suppose I ought to head out to Painesville and Willowick. I just have been doing my best to conserve gas.

Reaction score
When I was actively hunting these figures they were hit or miss (mostly miss) for quite a while and then blam they were everywhere! Seems like most stores have sold through their restock or initial stock. I did go to quite a few stores though, maybe around 12 or 13 different DGs. We have over 25 in my area though. Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow are cool, Duke and Cobra Trooper are my favorites, Shipwreck could have been better and Cobra Commander is lame. I will keep an eye out for you though and let you know if I find anything.

Reaction score
Finally found a Jungle BAT at a Giant Eagle. Picked it up along with another Cobra Trooper. Funny thing about the BAT was that it is on a Cobra Commander Cardback. I almost didn't pick it up as I saw Cobra Commander and thought I don't need another one of him and then I saw what it was. It's always funny finding these kind of factory errors!

Reaction score
Finally found another Dollar General that had 4 figures. I got Storm Shadow for me and Shipwreck for a friend. I think I also missed mentioning at least 2 other Dollar Generals I checked with nothing to show for it, Willoughby on Euclid Ave, and Concord on RT 84. I did find them at a store in Eastlake on Lakeshore, so I guess Eastlake has 2 Dollar generals. I found nothing at the one in Shoregate Plaza in Willowick. I think I need to check C******, Kirtland, and Euclid. Anyways, I am very happy with finding these figures. I still need to get out to meet up with BigJim, maybe I'll find something in his neck of the woods, lol.

Reaction score
Picked up 2 Zombie Vipers, Lifeline, Law & Order, Steel Brigade Trooper and an Alley Viper at TRU. They were buy 2 get one free so I got 6 figures for $40! Then on my way home I stopped at a Walgreens and picked up another General Hawk. Yesterday I managed to pick up another Jungle BAT from a Giant Eagle! Now I only need one more to complete my squad.

Reaction score
So there appears to be a TRU exclusive subline for The Amazing Spiderman called "Night Force". This gets me to thinking about whether there should be modern Night Force figures. Some people argue that the ROC Walmart 2packs and the POC AWE Striker contained figures that could pass as Night Force. I was wondering what you guys think would be the coolest way to get Modern Night Force figures. Should it be a BBTS multipack? How about vintage inspired 2packs done up carded but in a protector pack/star case or an outer box package kinda like the Target Star Wars Vintage 3packs. So what do you guys think? Also if you think the multipack is the right avenue, what other multipack do you think should be released at the same time, I think that would be Python Patrol or a remake of the Special Missions set from the vintage era. Sound off.

Reaction score
I think that if Night Force figures are ever made, they will more than likely be a GIJCC Con set like past two sets were (2011 - Python Patrol & Special Missions Brazil; 2012 - Iron Grenadiers & Oktober Guard). The rumor for this year's con set is Tiger Force, so Night Force probably isn't too far behind. There have been a couple more 7-packs rumored, but the BBTS 7-packs have not performed very well. So, while us die-hard fans keep clamoring for things at retail or on-line exclusives they just don't seem profitable enough for many retailers. As far as protector cases and the such, I'm an opener so that doesn't interest me.

I did manage to pick up two more Jungle BATs this morning at a Giant Eagle! Now I am done until the Rock Viper wave starts making an appearance or the DG repaints show up!

Reaction score
So the Dollar General figures are shipping again. There is a sale, buy 1 toy get 1 50% off which works on the figures (week ending Dec 8th) . I finally managed to get 2 of the Black Cobra Trooper and it may be one of the coolest figures ever. Of the 5 stores I went to on my run yesterday, no store had more than 6 figures, usually all different although one store had 2 Cobra Commanders. Are the stores getting the figures 6 at a time?

Reaction score
Also I saw two Renegades V-TOL and two Crimson HISS Tanks at TJMaxx's for $16.99 like they were last time.

Reaction score
It has been announced that the next Joe Con will be in Indianapolis on April 4-7. I still have to get permission from the boss (AKA the wife), but I wanted to know if there were any scummers interested in carpooling and splitting costs (room & parking).

Reaction score
I saw doubles of Gen. Hawk, Blowtorch, and caped Cobra Commander at Drug Mart the other day.
Price bumped up to $8.99.

Reaction score
Picked up my last Jungle BAT from Giant Eagle. I keep saying "my last", but everytime I see one it comes home with me! It would be nice for the Crazy Legs & Rock Viper wave to start showing up! I would love to pick up a few more Rock Vipers and Crazy Legs. I would probably even buy a Croc Master this time too!

Reaction score
I was so torn yesterday about all those figures I saw at Drug Mart.
I had to go back and return a movie and it took everything I had in me not to buy both blue shirts and Gen Hawks. If I go back there down the road and those figures are still available, I may not be able to control myself.
I considered grabbing the blue shirts so I could easily have a few more pistols/silencers for my DG troopers. Marauders no longer has the 'fix-it' kit on their website.

Reaction score
Got my Dice in the mail this week. Nice figure, but the price was a little hard to swallow! Anyway, I'll probably only pick up a couple more figures from the FSS when they are made available on the club's website.

Going to reserve my hotel room for JoeCon this weekend. I was finally able to sweet-talk the wife into letting me go. Anyone else heading to Indianapolis? I'll be there Thursday and Friday for sure.

Reaction score
After reading on HissTank that the DG wave 2 figures were found at Marshalls, I decided to go out hunting. I found one Blue Cobra Commander and that was it. I asked a worker if they had gotten in any more and they said that was the only figure in the shipping case from the distribution center as they were the person that stocked them. Here's to hoping that TJ Maxx gets these too as they will at least send a whole case to their stores.

Reaction score
I managed to pick up 3 more Jungle BATs from Giant Eagle this morning. I was stopping at a nearby Marshalls and struck out again, so I figured that I would just go next door and there were the 3 BATs looking sad and lonely. So, I had to buy them and bring them home to be with lots of their friends!

Reaction score
Found the 5-figure Retaliation Wave 2 at a local Meijer earlier this week---grabbed a SE, Firefly, and Flint---and then found the expanded Retaliation Wave 3 at Target this morning (picked up Colton, Lady Jaye, and another Firefly).

Reaction score
I saw the new three packs at Mentor & Mayfield Walmart, for $24. I am passing on those waiting for Target or ToysRUs to get them at $20. At my local Target I almost got all 10 new figures, but Lady Jaye had messed up eyes, and Firefly's nose was malformed from being pushed against the blister maybe? Anyways, I am super excited to have a Bruce Willis figure, and it's bonus points that it's an actual Joe. My ToysRUs gets a truck Tuesday, so I'm hoping to get the 2 figures I need. Neither Willoughby Target nor Mayfield Target had the new characters. Oh and Mayfield Walmart had the Treadripper, I passed on this for now.

Reaction score
I got a Lady Jaye with a good paint job on the eyes. I had to pass on an Alley Viper b/c I'm buying a box of Series 9 LEGO minifigures this week. Hopefully there will be more in the future. So now I need Retaliation Firefly with a nose that isn't smooshed. Is the nose supposed to be smooshed on this figure, or is it a packaging problem? Oh I still need a POC Crazylegs.

Reaction score
My G.I.Joe fever got the best of me and on a whim I went to my Giant eagle to see if any of the later POC's were there, and bam, Cobra Commander and Jungle BAT. Does anyone else have a POC CC with spider-webbing in the paint of the face-mask? I hadn't seen any of the last wave POC's at my Giant Eagle. So I am happy.

Last edited: