Ohio G.I. Joe thread: ROC, POC, and everything new

Reaction score
Spotted the new G.I. Joe figures at Strongsville Target today.
Those of you waiting for them to come around are in for a real treat.
The vehicles are especially awesome!
They had both sizes of vehicles and of the six I saw I would gladly own all of them.
They also had a TON of figures in the aisle and on an endcap.
I'm still avoiding them though.

Happy hunting!

Reaction score
Re: G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra NEW LINE

You're kidding, right?!?

The vehicles are ridiculous!! The vehicle price points seem a little high too. $14.99 for an aramdillo & 1 figure when it was that much with 2 vehicles and 2 figures!

Most of the figures are horrible. I've bought maybe 6 figures from the first 3 waves. If you haven't seen Heavy Duty yet, you are in for a treat of a horrible figure.

Reaction score

Heavy duty is a little ridiculous. So is the ripcord with accelerator suit, he looks like he has a giraffes neck.
I didn't like all the figures, but a few were really cool looking.

Btw....I never said I liked the price of the vehicles, I just think they look really great.
Doesn't matter though.
I' won't buy one piece from the collection.
...and this time, I mean it.

Reaction score

ya, not interested at all in these. somethings look alright, but i'm not buying any of it.

Reaction score

I've picked up BBQ & Firefly from TRU (exclusives). Repaints of 25th line but they looked good enough for me!

Picked up Camo Duke, Baroness, Shipwreck, Deep Six, & both Snake Eyes. The suited Joes look stupid & the normal Heavy Duty looks special! Overall, I give the figures a B-, maybe a C+.

Reaction score

Is anybody buying this stuff?
I've never seen an ENTIRE line pegwarm like this before...not even HULK!!!!!!

Reaction score

I bought 6 figures, but only because TRU had 2 for $10 deal a couple of weeks ago. I also had $5 off coupon, and with a $30 purchase you got a $10 gift card. So I paid like 4.16 per figure. I have to admit it was tough picking 6.

Got Baroness, Black outfit Scarlet, Snake Eyes w/timber, Deep Six, and the exc. Barb, and Firefly.

I also got a couple of the Target Exc. Eels which are pretty cool repaints of the 25th Ann. Eels(which I only found 1 of) and they come with underwater sleds.

I personally think Hasbro tried pushing this before the movie because they thought that the public backlash from the movie would hurt sales. I just don't think anyone took the bait. Alot of the figures are bad. This line screams clearence.

I don't get why they made so much product. Hasbro should know better than any other company that movie lines don't sell well, even if the movie is good(Ironman, Batman, Hulk). If the movie is bad the line doesn't move at all(Indiana Jones, Transformers, Wolverine)

Half of the figures they made didn't even appear in the movie. Hasbro continues to amaze me on how they can be so clueless with some of their lines. You would think that since they produced the Transformers and G.I. Joe movies that they would want the best movie possible just to move the amazing amount of stock they put out. They did the same thing with Indy last year, at least they didn't control that movie.

I feel like a few of us guys from the forums could do better marketing then those monkeys.

To me the worst part of this is that for the last 2 years Hasbro has put their flagship line on the sidelines for large chunks of the year to push these poor movie products that don't move and clog the pegs.

Before the G.I.Joe movie came out there was public backlash that they had to hear. Yet they release so much product in a already economically tough year. There is only one line that can move that amount of product, but you would think they know that by now.

Reaction score

Wow.
By the looks of every single peg in every single store I've ever been to, no one is even thinking about buying this stuff.

Reaction score

BIGJIM said:
Wow.
By the looks of every single peg in every single store I've ever been to, no one is even thinking about buying this stuff.
I actually returned most of what I bought except for the TRU Firefly & BBQ. G.I. Joe had been getting most of my money for the past couple of years, but the ROC stuff is now a pass for me. I plan on picking up a few SNAKE Armor sets at Target when they come out and the wal-mart exclusives but that is pretty much it for me.

Reaction score

Broke down tonight and bought my first "Rise of Cobra" figure.
Spotted a 'white coat' Cobra Doctor and had to have it.
Never seen one before, never even saw the black coat version.
It was actually at an Aldi store.

Reaction score

I'm trying to find a City Strike Snake Eyes, not because it is a ROC figure but because it was supposed to be the Resolute Snake Eyes. I did just pick up a Bench Press from Polaris TRU.

Reaction score

After picking up my first ROC figure last night, I picked up my second and third today because I just couldn't resist.
Was digging through the WM pegs due to the $5 sale and came home with the black coat Cobra Doctor and City Strike Snake Eyes.
Snake Eyes is very cool with great accessories.
May have to open this one.

Reaction score

still looking for a white coat dr.

Reaction score

Just picked up two Black SNAKE Armor sets from the newer Reynoldsburg Target. They look awesome! I might have to pick up a couple more if I ever see them again.

Reaction score

Picked up another Heetseek Missle Battle Station for my Stingers to pull behind them. Can't decide if I want one more Outpost Defender BS or three more to build a perimeter.

Reaction score

Picked up 2 more Black SNAKE Armor sets yesterday after work at the newer Reynoldsburg Target. I might have to pick up some of the sets with Wetsuit as they look cool too! Just not as cool as the SNAKE Armor!!!

Reaction score

Picked up anothe Black SNAKE Armor at the newer Reynoldsburg Target. Looked like they put out at least two cases worth based off of the Storm Shadow sets. They also had the History of the Rockslide (or whatever it is called) set, but at $24.99 I might wait for clearance on this one.

Finally!!!!!!! I was able to score a City Strike Snake Eyes at K-Mart (Brice Rd/Main St). Well worth the wait and the hype.

Reaction score

found a white coat dr. at an area aldi's!! thanks big jim!!!

Reaction score

Spotted the SE/SS Ninja Battles Set at Reynoldsburg Walmart. Background and weapons looked nice, but I'm going to have to pass for now based off of the figures. This set could have been awesome, but Hasbro decided to just phone-it-in again!

For those of you that I've bought and traded with in the past, I finally got around to starting a feedback thread.
http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3999382&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#3999382

Reaction score

Picked up my sixth and final Serpent Armor set from Sawmill Target. Now to wait until after Christams for some exclusives to hit clearance! Can't really justify the $24.99 for the Past & Present set since I only want one of the vehicles and figures!

Reaction score

have yet to see the "snake armour" yet. loved the original when i was a kid!

Reaction score

Spotted two City Strike Snake Eyes this morning at Reynoldsburg Walmart. Better hurry if you are still looking for him!

Reaction score

Picked up some more Serpent Armors over the weekend. I just couldn't resist once I saw them!

Not a 25th or ROC acquisition, but I picked up a near complete Terror Drome off of Craigslist!
Only thing that it is missing is one Firebat missle! One Holy Grail down, two more to go!

Reaction score

Elyria SuperWM has about six of the Cobra Night Ravens for $19 a piece as well as a few of the PIT Command Centers for 50% off.

Reaction score

BIGJIM said:
Elyria SuperWM has about six of the Cobra Night Ravens for $19 a piece as well as a few of the PIT Command Centers for 50% off.
Saw these at a couple of stores, but I'm still passing as they still stink!!!

Picked up a 1983 Joe HQ off of BBTS. Missing a couple parts, but I'll be picking those up soon.

Also, picked up 2 Shockblast / Night Creeper packs on cleareance at Reynoldsburg Walmart.

Reaction score

A question for you PIT owners. I was looking at one a while back and was wondering if it could pass for a Sandcrawler with a few modifications? I don't think it is tall enough, and has wheels rather than tracks. I kind of think it is highly unlikely we will see a more to scale Sandcrawler, and maybe this is a option.

Any opinions are welcome.

Reaction score

I've checked several TJ Maxx & Marshall's stores around C-Bus and have only managed to pick up 2 regular wraiths, 1 BAT, 1 Cobra Paratrooper & 1 Bazooka Trooper. I was really only looking for a Clear Wraith to open since that is one hole in my loose collection. So, if anyone gets lucky and stumbles upon a clear wraith on their hunts I will gladly take one off of your hands for retail plus a nice finder's fee too!

Reaction score

Picked up two more Serpent Armors this morning at Easton Target. I just can't resist them at $6.99! But, I would be willing to trade both of them to someone if they happen to find an extra blue wraith.

Reaction score

Picked up 2 TRU Exclusive Sting Raiders this morning at the Polaris TRU. Also, picked up an Arctic Doc since he was always one of my favorite characters. They had ~3 more Sting Raiders and ~4 each of Arctic Doc & Arctic Shipwreck.

If anyone finds the Target P&P sets heavily discounted around C-Bus let me know because I would really like to pick up three of the Past vehicles. No real need or want for the present vehicle so I feel like if I can find these cheap I can justify picking them up!

Reaction score

Picked up 3 Then & Now Target exclusives last night at Sawmill Target. If anyone wants the three Now Rockslides & figures let me know as I don't want them and don't want to keep them stored either.

Some Targets have finally started to clearance the Rhinos too. But, at $35 I'm still passing. Maybe if it hits the 75% off mark. Maybe!

Reaction score

DarthTim said:
Some Targets have finally started to clearance the Rhinos too. But, at $35 I'm still passing. Maybe if it hits the 75% off mark. Maybe!
One Target by me has a bunch at $25.
I'm not even collecting Joes anymore but if that baby drops any lower, I may pick it up as an alt. vehicle for one of my clone battalions.
On a side note....I plan on doing the same thing with an Avatar AMP Suit or two if they drop below $10 (that's what they're collecting dust at right now).

Reaction score

BIGJIM said:
DarthTim said:
One Target by me has a bunch at $25.
I'm not even collecting Joes anymore but if that baby drops any lower, I may pick it up as an alt. vehicle for one of my clone battalions.
Stopped back there this morning and got the last one for $12.

Reaction score

found the new figures yesterday at target in toledo. the poc line is pretty awesome. also picked up the tru spirit and quick kick. too bad it's only gonna run for 3-4 waves.

Reaction score

It's only gonna run for 4 Waves? Maybe I should jump in then. Doesn't sound like to bad of an investment...

Reaction score

Found remnants of figs at Strongsville and Montrose Target. Parma TRU has QK and Spirit. I love this line!

Reaction score

Picked up the "chase" CC & an Alley Viper from Target over the weekend. Saw several cases at various Walmarts, but since they are charging $9.97 per figure I refused to pick any up. Still looking for 2 more Alley Vipers and a Beachhead with a decent paint app. Nice looking figures so far! The new vehicles not so much. After seeing the doom cycle in person I'm going to pass.

Reaction score

I'm right there w/ ya on the vehicles, Tim. I'm gonna wait & see if they ever go clearance or something. I hope my Target gets them soon as I don't feel like payin $11 after tax for them from WM...

Reaction score

thought that i read somewhere (hisstank, i'm guessing) that after the lowlight wave(wave 4, i think), they are going to focus on the new cartoon series. i could be wrong, but i thought that's what i read.

Reaction score

saundo2 said:
thought that i read somewhere (hisstank, i'm guessing) that after the lowlight wave(wave 4, i think), they are going to focus on the new cartoon series. i could be wrong, but i thought that's what i read.
Yes, 4 waves is all. I'm hoping they will add a wave if the line proves popular. They did this around x-mas of '07, although they were all repacks. They could do the same with some repacks of the harder to find ROC figures, like the Desert viper and Kamakura. If not a 5th wave, the last two waves only have 4 figures each, so maybe they will add a couple more to each.

Medina Target had the whole wave out, although I took the CC, AV, FF and SJ.