Ohio Finds Part 22

Reaction score
I've been quiet here lately because I really haven't found anything in a while. My last few purchases have been online, too.

Reaction score
Found the Mace Windu and 7th sister at a flee Market.

Paid the price of the pop price guide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
This is specifically why I stopped posting so many finds.
This hobby has been ruined.
Fairlawn seems to be a haven for lurkers unfortunately - that's why its so frustrating shopping in that area, not to mention, I've noticed people hoarding and have even seen a scalper talking to himself as he rifled through pegs, saying, "this is going on ebay" - I didn't know whether to laugh or be pissed.

I miss the old days of helping fellow collectors and sharing finds, etc with each other. I've had a few local collecting buddies over the years, but none of them collect any longer as far as I know. I don't think I've met anyone that's still active here. With so many reading, and few posting, a group text or something like that would probably work better than these open forums.

Reaction score
Yeah, I still remember when you helped me out with the ROTS royal guards back in the day.

I wish the forum was like some others I've been to -- you can't see anything unless you register and have a certain number of posts.

Reaction score
Oh right, I nearly forgot - that was ages ago!

Before I quit modding here, I discussed making the Ohio thread private with the admin, but ultimately decided against it, because RS is an open forum, so restricting one section but not another would likely cause issues. I don't think I've ever found local forums elsewhere when it comes to the hobby. I tend to only post here and on Yakface, and I think I've only met one local over on YF.

As for Ohio finds...I had a nice flea market find over the weekend, nothing modern, but picked up a vintage Greedo in great shape, marked $7 - I bought it for $1! Also picked up one of my favorite aliens as a kid - Ree Yees! The lady selling them was leaving and said - everything is $1.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I wandered into the Target in Fairlawn/Montrose the other day and was pleasantly surprised to see they finally renovated it, and moved it out of the 90's and into this century.

Reaction score
Really? Wow, about time. I haven't been there in a few months, but I always chuckled when I went there that they must've forgot about that store.

Reaction score
Really? Wow, about time. I haven't been there in a few months, but I always chuckled when I went there that they must've forgot about that store.
HA! I always though the same thing. It was like that location, as well as the Elyria store, were just forgotten about by corporate. I think the Strongsville and Medina stores were both remodeled two or three times while those two were just ignored.

Reaction score
We got in the Thrawn wave of 5 POA at Cuyahoga Falls Target yesterday. There was still a Bohdi, Thrawn, and a couple of Leias when I left a few hours ago.

Reaction score
Had a chance to check out the Perrysburg-area Walmart, Target, GameStop, and Meijer while visiting family over the holiday: absolutely nothing at any of them.

Reaction score
I picked up a TIE Striker for $12 at Macedonia Target this afternoon. I try not to collect ships, but I couldn't pass it up.

Reaction score
If anyone has an extra 6 inch 40th Anniversary BS C3PO or Stormy they want to trade, I'll be set up at the NEO Comic Con in North Olmstead this Sunday with lots to trade and sell. Just need these 2 for my set. I'm in spots 21-24. Thanx in advance!

James

Reaction score
Just a heads up to Cleveland area people. I had a vintage 12 back Kenner R2d2 carded figure stolen from my booth at NEO Comic Con on Sunday. The card was unpunched and the clear undamaged bubble was slightly lifting away from the card at the top. It was in an acrylic case. Please keep a watch for it in your travels(pawn shops, comic shops, flea markets and Craigslist). Please message me if spotted. Thanx in advance!

James

Reaction score
Went to Brimfield Walmart tonight to once again find no Scarif Trooper or Cassian, but they did have a ton of TLJ stuff out. Two-packs, beasts, vehicles, and lots of role play, as well as the stuffed talking porg.

Reaction score
This past Saturday, the Grove City Walmart had the transforming BB-8 / First Order Base. The box was partially busted, and it was sitting in the clearance aisle...no price to be found.

Reaction score
Saw TLJ toys again at Walmart in Fairlawn yesterday. They had the basic figure assortment with the secondary characters (Paige, Threepio, etc...).

Reaction score
Just a heads up to Cleveland area people. I had a vintage 12 back Kenner R2d2 carded figure stolen from my booth at NEO Comic Con on Sunday. The card was unpunched and the clear undamaged bubble was slightly lifting away from the card at the top. It was in an acrylic case. Please keep a watch for it in your travels(pawn shops, comic shops, flea markets and Craigslist). Please message me if spotted. Thanx in advance!

James
Damn, that sucks! Sorry to hear.
I'll be sure to keep an eye out, and let you know if I hear anything.
That show was pretty busy too.

Reaction score
Force Friday was a joke. I was able to score the needed 6" wave one figures I was looking for, but did not see any of wave 2, except for a stray Snowtrooper at a TRU. I was really looking for the new SA 3 3/4 and the TFA trooper with all the accessories, but they must not be out yet.

The TRU I went to had about 30 people in line when we pulled up but instead went to a Walmart. By the time we made it back to the TRU (Reynolds Rd, Toledo) nothing really was left. All the 6" were gone, except a few Grees (which I was able to get one). They also didn't have the free Tshirt to give out so they had a list to sign up and they are going to give you a call when they came in.

After hitting 4 Walmarts, they had a few left over 6" mostly stormtroopers and Vaders, I was able to score the Vader 40th legacy pack for $11 at BG Walmart. Two of the 4 Walmarts had a displayer.

Never saw any exclusives (except Gree) and all of wave 1 of TLJ 5 POA were just about everywhere. I did pick up Old Man Luke 5 POA.

All in all, way understocked, and way overhyped, which is not to be surprised. I do not think I will ever make a midnight run again.

Reaction score
After going to two Toys R Us, three Walmarts, and two Targets between last night and this morning, I did pretty well. Although the selection was all over the place at each location.

Reaction score
I stopped at the Macedonia Target at opening this morning. I was able to get most everything on my list (honestly, I didn't want that much). There were 3 of us there, and each only bought a handful of stuff, but the section was pretty wiped when we left. Looked like they only had 2 cases each of 5POA and BS. And from what I've seen posted, this is not unusual. What a joke.

Everything else I wanted I ordered from HTS and target.com.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I stopped at the Macedonia WM on my way home - it was a wreck by the time I got there, lol - but that store tends to be a dump for some reason anyway. I ordered everything I was interested in on HTS this morning, so I figured I'd just browse the remains. Checked Stow too - they have a ton of HW diecast ships, if anyone collects those. It seems the Micro Machines and Titaniums lines are on hiatus, so HW might be all that's offered in the small ship range.

Reaction score
I went to the Stow WM to get the forcelink set, and saw the remnants of the new BS 3.75 wave. All the Lukes were gone, of course. So I got one of each of the other three. There's still 2 Roses left.

I have a bad feeling about these getting restocked. When the cashier scanned them, they came up as generic $11.92 items -- the manager probably added that to the system when those Lukes sold.

Other than that, the Hera I ordered from Amazon on 8/30 arrived today.

Reaction score
This afternoon I picked up the SA 3.75" Luke, Rose, Executioner Trooper, and Praetorian Guard at the North Olmsted Walmart. A couple more of each still there.

Reaction score
Picked up Luke at the Streetsboro WM this evening. Still another one there, along with 2 executioners. That store and Macedonia have a bunch of the 4 Rogue One figures, too.

Reaction score
Spotted the new TLJ assortment at the Stow WM today and picked up old Ben. They had Yoda as well, but considering he doesn't have leg articulation - I skipped it. I even noticed the basic TFA Luke - first time I've seen him on the pegs. They have all the other basic figures as well, if anyone needs them.

No SA 3.75 other than Rose - I have the basic version, so I left her. If anyone spots another Luke or guard locally LMK, those are the two SA figures I'm most interested in.

Reaction score
I found (2) 3 3/4 BS Jedi Master Lukes at Strongsville WM last night.
The best part....once again I ruined someone's stash spot. I came in to find (2) Rose on the pegs, among the sea of Hans & Finns, and immediately got disappointed. I then looked on the top/upper shelf (where most people can't even see, but I'm 6' 7") and saw an overstock of 6" figures on their sides with two smaller boxes buried under them. Thinking they were just more Finns, I started to walk away but my curiosity got me. Yeah, they were Lukes.
Thank you, Mr. Stasher. Sorry to ruin your day :)

Reaction score
I have found pretty much everything I want, except for a few Black Series 3.75". Now I'm waiting for clearance.

Still waiting for my Vintage 6" wave 2 to ship also. Hasbro may have screwed the pooch on that release.

Reaction score
Got the new TLJ BS 3 3/4" figures at Mansfield Walmart on Thursday. I'm seeing Rose at every Walmart I go to, but that's the only time I've seen the whole set. Still haven't ever seen a Cassian or Scariff Stormtrooper.

Reaction score
I got the 6" Commander Gree at the TRU in Fairlawn last night.
I've been checking for stock via the website for about a week now and and yesterday they finally put out a fresh case.

Reaction score
Picked up the 3.75" Obi-Wan and Yoda figures at the Fairview Park Target this afternoon. There were a two more of each when I left.

Reaction score
Got the 3 3/4" BS Cassian and Scariff Trooper yesterday at Walmart in Stow. Left one of each behind, as well as some Jyns, Deathtroopers, and an Ackbar, Lando, and Rose. Also got TwinTwist and Misfire from the TF Titans Return line.

Reaction score
This afternoon I picked up the 6" Maz, Poe, and Finn in Imperial Disguise at the North Olmsted Target. Only one of each of these and no Leia or Praetorian Guard.