Ohio Finds: Part 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
RHINOMAN said:
Silly question here but is it SW only related items available at this shindig?
Usually. It is the Ohio Star Wars Collector's Club afterall, but maybe some folks might bring some other stuff - but it's mostly a gathering for Ohio SW fans.

Reaction score
Today I received the Emperor's throne from SideShow Collectibles. Still waiting on the Emperor. And everything I ordered from Hasbro, but that's a month away.

Reaction score
found the cloud car and snow speeder toys r us today dayton mall. buy one get one half off. so about 20 a piece. not bad i guess. they also had a few of the repacks on blue cards. pass on those for now.

Geo

Reaction score
Toledo, OH Toys R Us at Franklin Park Mall had the snowspeeder/cloud car/other stuff that size in stock, I believe I went there Friday.. I'm hoping to find two AT-AT's in stock somewhere to get.

Reaction score
Picked up Vintage Leia, Vader, 4-Lom, and Dengar from TRU BOGO in Parkersburg, WV. Hopefully they get a new shipment this week.

Reaction score
Spideymike said:
Boy it sure would be nice to snag one of the new AT-AT with the TRU deal this week.
I'm sure they'll 'mysteriously' come out of the back room the day after the sale ends.

I'm waiting for a sale down the road anyway.
I rushed out and bought the BMF and AT-TE only to see them both for 50% less than I paid a few months later.
I'm going to try to wait.

Reaction score
BIGJIM said:
Spideymike said:
Boy it sure would be nice to snag one of the new AT-AT with the TRU deal this week.
I'm sure they'll 'mysteriously' come out of the back room the day after the sale ends.

I'm waiting for a sale down the road anyway.
I rushed out and bought the BMF and AT-TE only to see them both for 50% less than I paid a few months later.
I'm going to try to wait.
me too or save receipts to re-buy/return as needed

Reaction score
No sign of Vintage at Beavercreek TRU today. They had the new blue packaging Clone War figures, all repacks.

Reaction score
Found some Blue cards at Montrose TRU on Sunday. Picked up an IG88 - everything else was PT or CW besides a Zuckuss. They finally had the FU 5 packs out as well

Wadsworth Target had an X-wing ($35), CW Y-wing ($35?), and an ARC-170 ($45?) in the toy clearence aisle. They also had the Endor BP for $16, IIRC.

Geo

Reaction score
Well, Toledo, OH Toys R Us had the new Legacy/Clone Wars in. No AT-AT yet... and I can get 2 provided I find them during the sale too >.>

Anyways, days haul is Leia in Boushh Disguise, IG-88, Bossk and Clone Wars Aurra Sing. Still need to find Vintage-back Fett, Denger and 4-LOM... and AT-AT!

Reaction score
I was at work today and had a feeling I should do a little hunt.
Went to Great Northern TRU on a whim and came out with the only CW figure I want, Pre Vizsla.
YAAAY!
Now I can chill until Vintage hits.

Btw..CW and Legends repacks on blue cards in abundance.

Geo

Reaction score
Oh, the TRU in Toledo that is *NOT* at Franklin Park had four Vintage figures out.. 2x solo 2x leia from what I remember...

Reaction score
NOOOOO!!!
Great Northern was out of new figures when I got there!! (except <SURPRISE> for the stupid repacks nobody wants (except the upcoming Snowie Rex which I'll want since I never found him in the red line))

*sigh* I have a feeling this is going to be just like last year, with nothing but repacks and Legends warming the pegs

Reaction score
MrSqueezy said:
NOOOOO!!!
Great Northern was out of new figures when I got there!! (except <SURPRISE> for the stupid repacks nobody wants (except the upcoming Snowie Rex which I'll want since I never found him in the red line))

*sigh* I have a feeling this is going to be just like last year, with nothing but repacks and Legends warming the pegs
Looks like they had a few cases worth.
I grabbed the last Vizsla but there were like four each of CW Cody, Rex, Obiwan, Droideka, etc.
No Sing, Grievous, or Mando Cop when I was there......just the one Pre.

Reaction score
don't collect the clone wars figs, but i did pick up the pre and sing figs. they are awesome!

Reaction score
Great Northern TRU put out the new Vintage figures.
I was there this afternoon and they had one 4-LOM on the pegs.
I had two seperate employees check (one in the computer, one went in the back) and they had no more.
The girl told me they went fast.
She was surprised one was left.

On a personal note, I'm all for nostalgia and all but the new packaging totally sucks.
The cards are weak/flimsy and the design is just plain horrible.
I'd rather see new graphics and designs (like TAC) than this crap.
It sucked in the 70's and it still sucks now.

Reaction score
I hit up Great Northern TRU on friday as well. That Zuckuss was all I saw too.

I hit the jackpot at Parma TRU. They must have found some TAC sets in back, as they had 3-4 Stap BP and the Hoth Patrol set! I got the Hoth set and the new Fighter tank. I don't do CW, but this looked cooler than the Cloud Car and I wanted to get the BOGO1/2 off deal. They also had 2 of the new packed Anakins Starfighter, no Snowspeeders or ATATs. Really jazzed about the Hoth set, I never had it.

Also, any of you guys looking for the new GIJoe POC line? Maybe we can report on sightings here? I have seen the new Hiss and Snowcat at both TRUs.

Reaction score
Grunt1162 said:
I hit up Great Northern TRU on friday as well. That Zuckuss was all I saw too.

I hit the jackpot at Parma TRU. They must have found some TAC sets in back, as they had 3-4 Stap BP and the Hoth Patrol set! I got the Hoth set and the new Fighter tank. I don't do CW, but this looked cooler than the Cloud Car and I wanted to get the BOGO1/2 off deal. They also had 2 of the new packed Anakins Starfighter, no Snowspeeders or ATATs. Really jazzed about the Hoth set, I never had it.

Also, any of you guys looking for the new GIJoe POC line? Maybe we can report on sightings here? I have seen the new Hiss and Snowcat at both TRUs.
There's a seperate Joe thread in the Ohio area.
http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3817296&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#3817296

Reaction score
While not exactly a toy purchase, I picked up the Clone Wars Character Encyclopedia at Borders, since I had a "33% off any one item" coupon. It's a pretty nifty book. I didn't realize there were so many obscure but named clone troopers!

Reaction score
I just saw some of the new CW Deluxe packs up at Kmart.
Cad Bane/Bike and Anakin/Naboo Skiff X 2.
Was tempted by the Bane & Bike.

Reaction score
I saw another TAC Stap set at Montrose TRU. Maybe the distribution warehouse found a bunch more of the TAC sets? There were a couple Rebublic Tanks and the same new Blue Cards from last week.

Fairlawn Big Lots has Titaniums for $4. They had the Rebel Transport, Outrider, Robot Dropship, Malvolence, and several others. I picked up an Imp Shuttle.

Target had CPs for $6.50.

Reaction score
Grunt1162 said:
I saw another TAC Stap set at Montrose TRU. Maybe the distribution warehouse found a bunch more of the TAC sets? There were a couple Rebublic Tanks and the same new Blue Cards from last week.

Fairlawn Big Lots has Titaniums for $4. They had the Rebel Transport, Outrider, Robot Dropship, Malvolence, and several others. I picked up an Imp Shuttle.

Target had CPs for $6.50.
Thanks for posting this find - I was actually looking for the Outrider. I had to go to Acme tonight anyway, so I stopped by Big Lots and picked it up.

Reaction score
Picked up a Bespin Cloud Car and Republic Fighter Tank saturday at TRU during last week's sale. Anyone, check TRU to see if the vintage figures are also 2 for $9.99 or just the other lines this week?

Reaction score
Picked up the Titanium Outrider at the Fairview Park Big Lots. This was the last one I needed and I thought I was never going to find it. So to finally get it and only for $4, I'm very happy. They had one each of about a dozen of the other vehicles if anyone is looking.

Also, Fairview Park Kohl's had one Grievous and the Mandalorian Police Officer as well as many of the repacks, but since they weren't on sale, I'll wait for my order from HTS. Nothing new at North Olmsted TRU.

Reaction score
DarthTim said:
Picked up a Bespin Cloud Car and Republic Fighter Tank saturday at TRU during last week's sale. Anyone, check TRU to see if the vintage figures are also 2 for $9.99 or just the other lines this week?
I'm pretty sure the sale tag said figures with regular price $5.99 - $7.49, so that counts out Vintage.

Reaction score
exciter said:
DarthTim said:
I'm pretty sure the sale tag said figures with regular price $5.99 - $7.49, so that counts out Vintage.
All the new figures are on TRUs website.
The Vintage are all listed at $9.99 each while the Legends, Legacy, and older CW are all '2 for $9.99'.
The newer CW figures are listed at $7.49.
Doesn't make sense to me either.
Here's the link

Reaction score
ordered a few things off toys r us sale, still no big finds or great deals anywhere yet. now to get some of those goodies from the SDCC show.

Reaction score
More vintage at Great Northern TRU today. I saw all four I wanted, but alas could not pull the trigger at $9.99 a pop (especially since they don't work in this week's offer). The cards seemed to be in good condition, not too bent. Still holding out for more CW before the end of the week, and the offer.

Reaction score
MrSqueezy said:
More vintage at Great Northern TRU today. I saw all four I wanted, but alas could not pull the trigger at $9.99 a pop (especially since they don't work in this week's offer). The cards seemed to be in good condition, not too bent. Still holding out for more CW before the end of the week, and the offer.
Passed on those as well.
I can't see paying ten bucks a pop for these when they'll be falling off the pegs at every retail outlet in the next two weeks at $7 and change.

Reaction score
Nice haul at the North Olmsted TRU after work: Picked up all 4 of the new CW figures. With the 2 for $9.99 sale, I got them for $5 each. Also got the Bane/Bike, Plo/Bike, and Anakin/Skiff sets. Of the figures and vehicles, these were the only ones. They did have the snow speeder and cloud car, which I didn't get since my order for these shipped from HTS today. No sign of the exclusive Kul figure. The toy drought is over!

Reaction score
For all you guys who held out or just want a sweet deal......
I swung by ghetto Kmart (W. 150th and Lorain) to look for Jodo Kast today and found two CW Y-Wings and one Imperial ARC fighter on clearance for $26 each.
All three were still there as of 5:00 PM.

Since not alot of people have the guts to go to this place, they should hold for a little while.

Reaction score
I've been going to Great Northern TRU every day this week tracking the CW figures down to get them with this offer, always coming out empty-handed. I called earlier today and they said a truck was coming tomorrow morning and to check then; so, I wasn't planning on heading up today. But after seeing Mosep's find, I sped there, bypassing: two cases of roadwork on the same road, a train, a slowpoke, and someone who kept letting people back out of their driveways, all on top of stopping at every light on the way. It made normally a 10-minute trip turn to 20. Through much perseverance, I FINALLY arrived at the store, and found they still had plenty in stock!
YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Grabbed Pre Vizsla, the Mandalorian "Police Officer", Grievous, and to make the offer work, a spare Yoda (to swap out with a future purchase).
So as a result of this epic tale, I would like to say
THANK YOU MOSEP!!!!!!!!!! for the heads-up.

Reaction score
My At-At from TRU.com is on the truck and scheduled for delivery today! I may have to leave work early!!! No wait, there is no I may, I will be leaving work early!!!
Commencing happy dance!!!

Reaction score
MrSqueezy said:
I would like to say
THANK YOU MOSEP!!!!!!!!!! for the heads-up.
You're welcome! They obviously put out more after I was there. I always feel guilty posting finds when there's only one of each and no more.

Reaction score
Did a lunch run today and was encouraged that stuff is starting to show-up in Dayton.

Beavercreek TRU took down the endcap and just had the small space in the aisle. They had the new ships (Bespin, Snowspeeder, Anakin repack) and 3 Vintage figures laying on top of the boxes (Leia, AT-AT, Dak). I was tempted to pick up the Dak since I have a feeling he might be hard to find since he is only in the first case assortment and none of the revisions. I decided to take my chances to pick up all the figures in a couple weeks somewhere cheaper.

Dayton Mall TRU only had one knee-less repacked Cad Bane.

The Meijer on 741 had nothing new.

The Beavercreek Kmart had the new mini rigs (Plo Koon and Nabu skiff) but no new figures yet.

Reaction score
first shippent from toys r us came today, yeah it's all repacks but they will look great when i give them a new diorama home.

Status
Not open for further replies.