Ohio Finds: Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
BIGJIM said:
exciter said:
Yea, that one chick was also in A Great Disturbance

No more Wave 1 2008 sightings down here...
Oh my gosh that was awesome.
It's guys like that who give us 'normal' guys a bad name.
I know why some people snicker when I tell they about my collecting.
Yea, I recommend it. You should pick up a copy. Those guys wrote me because I posted tons of pics after CIII. We had about 10 hrs of video, but hadn't transferred it yet. I didn't get it to them in time to have our video included. We have our own DVDs now.

OK, here's a pic I posted after CIII. This is a fan favorite. I know you guys were posting chicks, but I couldn't resist. Don't make me post hot Leia chick.

Picture taken after a little kid whispers to his dad, "Daddy, do Stormtroopers have to pee too?"

Reaction score
What is A Great Distrubance all about? Never heard of it. I cannot click on the link now, because I am at work at it filtered out.

A bunch of nerds? Hot Chicks? I have no idea?

And yes, collecting around here is slow. Gotta save up money for the upcoming Indy line!!

Reaction score
It's a Celebration III documentary (kinda staged), but many of the real attendees are blindsided for interviews, which is funny. It's a comedy documentary and the main guys in it are crazy.

They follow 5 different guys around and document their experience at C3. One guy is entering a ridiculous costume in the contest, another is entering the SW miniatures tournament and he takes it waaay too seriously, another guy is just a big dork mega-fan, and 2 others are there looking for something to do scouting for chicks. One is a fan and the other is along for the ride, so you can imagine his comments.

I highly recommend this. It's like $10.

Reaction score
exciter said:
another is entering the SW miniatures tournament and he takes it waaay too seriously
Hey Exciter--"way too seiously" is an understatement! Who screams "you're a cheater" at a 10 year old?

Thanks for the link--wicked funny. If I ever get like that, any and all of you have permission to kill me.

Reaction score
exciter said:
It's a Celebration III documentary (kinda staged), but many of the real attendees are blindsided for interviews, which is funny. It's a comedy documentary and the main guys in it are crazy.

They follow 5 different guys around and document their experience at C3. One guy is entering a ridiculous costume in the contest, another is entering the SW miniatures tournament and he takes it waaay too seriously, another guy is just a big dork mega-fan, and 2 others are there looking for something to do scouting for chicks. One is a fan and the other is along for the ride, so you can imagine his comments.

I highly recommend this. It's like $10.
It sounds hilarious. I have to find it. Thanks!

Reaction score
Kevin_Gianotto said:
exciter said:
another is entering the SW miniatures tournament and he takes it waaay too seriously
Hey Exciter--"way too seiously" is an understatement! Who screams "you're a cheater" at a 10 year old?

Thanks for the link--wicked funny. If I ever get like that, any and all of you have permission to kill me.
Yes, and he goes to a special guy to get his dice and starts yelling at him because they don't roll right.

Oh, and he calls him "a cheater and a thief".

Reaction score
Was out and about today-nothing new at Brooklyn WM but one of the scalpers that myself, Jim, and Mike see around at Parma TRU. He was going thru all the Hot Wheels cars and Cars -Cars if you know what I mean.....

aen

Reaction score
Hit the jackpot today:

1x Po Nudo
1x Panning Droid
1x 2-1B
1x Tri-Droid
2x McRebels

Cleaned out pretty good, may go back and try to get another Tri-Droid

Reaction score
Star_Matt said:
So is it just me or is Columbus just a dead wasteland for new figures?
Why else would I be posting pictures of babes...?

I haven't seen new stuff in Columbus since 2007!

Reaction score
I was out at Great Northern today and nothing was new there at TRU except they moved their SW aisle and crammed a lot of crap on fewer pegs. Didn't have time to go to WM or Target.

Reaction score
Strongsville report...

Target:
Full pegs of waves 6, 7, 7.5, 8 pegwarmers. Tons of comic packs (no new ones), and a whole bunch of assorted BP's and vehicles (no new ones).
Also about seven Stormtrooper Evo packs.

Walmart:
Tons of old comic packs (still no exclusives) and the same nine figures (no exaggeration) they've been sitting on since after Christmas.
Actually saw the toy chick (for the first time...kinda cute) and got the scoop on the figures.
Apparantly, the computer showed her "on hands" were a total of NINETY figures, not nine. She seemed pretty upset about it herself. She just ordered more today.
She even showed me in her hand held so I would believe her.
Informed me that depending on the distribution center, the shipment could come this weekend or a month from now.
Stay tuned.....

I guess I can cope with the wait.
All I'm on the hunt for right now is the new Sith Legacy Evo pack (Nihilus, Bane, Maul), and that is yet to hit Ohio as far as I know.

Reaction score
that walmart in strongsville is such a heap of [censored]... they've got three isles of clearance(including ten figurin dan and them models tins for twenty bucks) that's been there for six months too. the management is for [censored] imo.

aen

Reaction score
Just came back from my hunts and stopped again to see if WM still had the 08's in, they were cleaned out completely. I knew I shoulda got another tri-droid when I was there the 1st time.

Reaction score
aen said:
Just came back from my hunts and stopped again to see if WM still had the 08's in, they were cleaned out completely. I knew I shoulda got another tri-droid when I was there the 1st time.
Not to be an A@@hole-but what WM location did you find these at??? Usually when you find something you say-I found xxx at Parmatown WM ect...

Reaction score
aen said:
That's why I try to live and hunt by one simple rule:
If you see at and are on the fence about it, BUY IT.
You may never see it again and you can always take it back (save your receipts!!!).

I learned after passing on about six Darktroopers then realized I needed another one for my carded collection (we were doing doubles of Legends).
My wife had to go get one on eBay for $15.

aen

Reaction score
Jedi_Drew said:
aen said:
Not to be an A@@hole-but what WM location did you find these at??? Usually when you find something you say-I found xxx at Parmatown WM ect...
tallmadge super walmart, i didnt realize that i had to repost our local checking spot, before i've posted other areas that ive found stuff at. sorry to offend you guys.

Reaction score
don't think there's any offense, there are however, many places to hunt in the cleveland area. tallmadge is akron in my book.

i'm a firm believer in you will see it multiple times. i've seen every figure i've scrambled for via ebay in the retail market eventually, and in multiples. kinda steered me off ebay for collecting the current line. it will get out there eventually.

it's different than jim's experience, but i've also had good service from hts

Reaction score
Today after work (about 5:30) I found all four of the new Evolutions sets at the Avon Target. They only had one of each and I bought them all. I then proceeded to put them in the trunk of my car along with my car keys. D'oh! 30 minutes later, the Avon police were able to get my car open.

Reaction score
Yeah, Aen, it's no offense. We just were looking for a specific store name since we might remember your local hub. Plus, many of us go to a few of the stores on the west side for our hunts.

Reaction score
Parmatown TRU had the new comic book packs. The only one I found was the one with Luke and the female Imp. Officer. It wasn't even ringing on the scanner and they had to do a price check on it. I also spotted the new Evolutions with Luke from Heir to the Empire and Qui-Gon Jinn. Nothing else of note from around the area.

Reaction score
medina

walmart has the new comic packs, snagged mouse and basso, and the girly luke. don't like the bd and commando. there's still one of each left there.

target has nothing but legends and the battlepacks

fairlawn tru has nothing, except two y wings, and four or five of the jedi ship with the hyper drive.

aen

Reaction score
Streetsboro Super Walmart this morning:

Fresh from the case:
1x Grievous Starfighter
1x AT-AP

they had 1 more of:
1x AT-AP
1x Blue Obi-Wan's Ship (can't find this on the checklist)

Reaction score
Jedi_Drew said:
WOW...
one heck of a woman and one heck of a costume!!! I wonder how long it took her to put all that make-up on?
I don't know how long it took to put all the makeup on, but I know if I wasn't a married spud I'd be first in line to help her take it off if she needed me.

Reaction score
Spideymike said:
Jedi_Drew said:
WOW...
one heck of a woman and one heck of a costume!!! I wonder how long it took her to put all that make-up on?
I don't know how long it took to put all the makeup on, but I know if I wasn't a married spud I'd be first in line to help her take it off if she needed me.
DOH!!!
That's exactly what I was going to post.
Thanks once again for stealing my thunder Mike.

Reaction score
The WM at Cityview (Garfield Hts.) sucks.. I have been there over the last week or so-and they have are the same figures on the pegs. The same old figures from wave 2 and 3. O.k. I finished my rant...

aen

Reaction score
Do our forums adhere to the 500 post limit for each thread or do we just continue on this one?

Reaction score
Grabbed the lone Sith Legacy Evolutions pack at Great Northern Target this morning.
My apologies to whomever tried to stash it, sorry.

Fairview Target had the Jedi Evolutions pack. Passed on it for now.

Those are the only two new packs I've seen yet.
I'm officially done (again) until the next wave hits.

Unless of course, I come across the Vaders Apprentice set and I have an extra $20 in my pocket.

Reaction score
Today's post is brought to you by the letter "D". "D" as in Day off and Disposable income. Thanks to Kevin G.'s post, I got the three new comic packs at Avon Walmart (last ones of each) and at the Sears Grand on Detroit in Westlake, I bought General G.'s ship and the AT-AP. They had one more of the general's ship, Obi's blue starfighter, and among the figures, a McSnowie if anyone is still looking.

Reaction score
picked up a vader tie fighter at medina walmart. they still have the comic packs, and several v wings.

i've passed on the vader tie for almost a year now, and decided i could find room. i might find another regular tie and set up the death star run, course i'd need a few xwings and the falcon... god my wife might kill me....

edit: speaking of wife's and death... the sith chick appears to have a red quinney as well.... bwaahahahahhahaha....

Status
Not open for further replies.