Ohio Finds: Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Scored a UGH R2-D2 and an Animated Boba Fett at Kroger Market Place Sawmill rd. tonight!

Reaction score
Nice pic Goat but I have to draw the line at the exclusives. I have three or four of every McFigure except the exclusives , they cost too much. I Keep two of every (store bought) mcFigure carded and one is for opening. I have a fourth if they have an UGH version.

Reaction score
Stopped at Brooklyn WM this morning-no new figures to be found.
The only newer stuff was one Betrayal on Bespin battle pack and one Hunt for Grievous battle pack. I'm passing on the battle packs. HH

Reaction score
Parmatown area has nothing much. TRU got Wave 6 in, but no McSnowtroopers left. I never saw Wave 5 there. Target has nothing. Kohls has a red AOTC Clone Trooper. Everything thing else is mostly meh by now.

Reaction score
i open all my figures and vehicles. they just don't have any fun value if they stay in the box or bubble BigJim.

teh medina walmart has more of the esb figures. three plus han on the rack, three lando disco legends, three mcquarrie generals. one mcsnowie!!!! and multiple clones/stormies of many episodes. nothing new, but i've seen three mcstormies at this store

Reaction score
Still nothing new at Brooklyn WM. Anyone going hunting tomorrow. I'm on vacation all next week so I can hit up some stores in the morning.

Reaction score
Strongsville and Medina hve nothing but remnants all the way through the line. Checked WM, Target, and Kohls in both towns over the past two days. Looks like a holding pattern until wave 7 hits more areas. Tons of wave 6 everywhere minus McSnowie (did see one in Medina at WM the other day).

Reaction score
Findlay Walmart has remnants of wave 6. No sign of wave 7 from what I've seen. I did pick up a ML Hydra soldier figure at BG walmart last night, the entire wave was there, but I was only interested in the Hydra soldier. Other than that, nothing new or exciting.

Reaction score
Picked up the titanium Kit Fisto starfighter today at the Fairlawn Target - no sign of new comic packs or wave 7...

Reaction score
Medina Target has a McBoba and an UGH Airborne Trooper. They also have the Droid Factory Battlepack and a few Hunt for Greivous BPs.

Oberlin Super WM has two McVaders on the pegs.

Reaction score
My girlfriend just picked up a McSnowie at Sawmill Kohls. She said they had the rest of wave 6 still.

Reaction score
saturniid19 said:
My girlfriend just picked up a McSnowie at Sawmill Kohls. She said they had the rest of wave 6 still.
A girlfriend who buys her boyfriend Star Wars figures....that's what you call a keeper my friend, definitely a keeper. I ended up marrying one of those.

Now you just have to work on that Leia slave girl outfit.

Reaction score
BIGJIM said:
saturniid19 said:
A girlfriend who buys her boyfriend Star Wars figures....that's what you call a keeper my friend, definitely a keeper. I ended up marrying one of those.
Don't tell her, but I plan on doing the same. Shhh...

Reaction score
Ok, kind of a long post/rant here, so bare with me...

Did anyone go to the toy show at Hara today? It was pretty small. I only stayed maybe 30 minutes and I was done. I bought 1 Hot Wheels car. lol

Was at the Walmart in Middletown in the clearance toy section and they had quite a few figures from wave 4 and 5. The isle was a total wreck and there was a guy straightening it all up who looked PISSED. I was going to try and talk to him but I thought I better leave him be. I walked back by a few minutes later after he was done and there was a Starkiller sitting right in front. The bubble was a little smashed so I have an opener. Now I need an extra McFett and McChewy and I'll have a opened set.

Now for my rant. I've noticed more and more how the toy isles get trashed on a daily basis, and its really starting to aggravate me. Its always been like that, but I think its gotten worse the past few months. I know some of it are kids, but a majority of it are sloppy and careless collectors/scalpers which I've seen first hand. People wonder why store employees hate collectors, and thats one of your answers right there. So what I'm getting at is if you knock a toy or any other item off the pegs or shelf, be kind and put it back. If your really ambitious, you can always straighten up a messy isle! I catch myself doing it all the time! Ok I'm done ranting. I'm sure you all here are decent enough to pick up after yourselves, but unfortunately not everyone is.

Chris

Reaction score
Definatly a keeper! Mine has paid for 6 of my Star Wars Sideshow pieces and $$ towards the Medicom Boba and Shes' paying for my DC Direct 1/6 Batman for Christmas!

Reaction score
cCc2021 said:
Ok, kind of a long post/rant here, so bare with me...

Did anyone go to the toy show at Hara today? It was pretty small. I only stayed maybe 30 minutes and I was done. I bought 1 Hot Wheels car. lol

Was at the Walmart in Middletown in the clearance toy section and they had quite a few figures from wave 4 and 5. The isle was a total wreck and there was a guy straightening it all up who looked PISSED. I was going to try and talk to him but I thought I better leave him be. I walked back by a few minutes later after he was done and there was a Starkiller sitting right in front. The bubble was a little smashed so I have an opener. Now I need an extra McFett and McChewy and I'll have a opened set.

Now for my rant. I've noticed more and more how the toy isles get trashed on a daily basis, and its really starting to aggravate me. Its always been like that, but I think its gotten worse the past few months. I know some of it are kids, but a majority of it are sloppy and careless collectors/scalpers which I've seen first hand. People wonder why store employees hate collectors, and thats one of your answers right there. So what I'm getting at is if you knock a toy or any other item off the pegs or shelf, be kind and put it back. If your really ambitious, you can always straighten up a messy isle! I catch myself doing it all the time! Ok I'm done ranting. I'm sure you all here are decent enough to pick up after yourselves, but unfortunately not everyone is.

Chris
I'm with you on that rant. My wife and I have gotten to the point that we actually spend free time putting the aisles and pegs back together after they have been totally trashed (it's kind of her pet peeve). We've actually had people ask us questions (as if we worked there) and we have to explain to them what we are doing.

Oh, and here's a little hint...In addition to customers thinking we're employees we've been thanked by several real employees for our efforts. After hearing them rant about people not giving a #@$& and thanking us (here's the hint), many of them follow up with..."is there something I can help YOU with?". Ahhhh, music to my ears. I've found many a McQuarrie because some store employee thanked me by going against 'policy' and checking the stock room for me. Right down to the whole "which figure do you want and what wave number is on the side of the box?".

Please, don't everyone try this at once.

Reaction score
cCc2021 said:
I agree!!! I've worked retail for almost 20 years and if I could say one thing to each and every customer, it's "Put things back the way you found them." Isn't that one of the golden rules? I'll tell ya, if you want employees to treat you like royalty and think you are the best customer in the world, let them see you straighten up after yourself! You will earn their utmost respect and get something pretty rare these days: great customer service! Something to think about, especially with that "funnest" of shopping times... the HOLIDAYS!!!!!

Reaction score
cCc2021 said:
I agree!!! I've worked retail for almost 20 years and if I could say one thing to each and every customer, it's "Put things back the way you found them." Isn't that one of the golden rules? I'll tell ya, if you want employees to treat you like royalty and think you are the best customer in the world, let them see you straighten up after yourself! You will earn their utmost respect and get something pretty rare these days: great customer service! Something to think about, especially with that "funnest" of shopping times... the HOLIDAYS!!!!!

Reaction score
cCc2021 said:

Reaction score
Stashed a Darktrooper at the Brimfield Walmart tonight(near Kent on 76 (Exit 31)). If anyone interested PM me.

Reaction score
waves 5 and 6, and a bunch of legends at the walmart near geauga lake. also saw a darth raven at stow kohls--passed because it was 10 bucks

Reaction score
any sightings of wave seven in ne ohio?

it's kinda nice not hunting around for a while

Reaction score
uglygoat said:
any sightings of wave seven in ne ohio?

it's kinda nice not hunting around for a while
Apparantly someone found them near Akron last week. I pulled this from Part 13 of Ohio Finds:

SJediMstr said:
Picked up the McQ Han, Ewoks, Anakin Spirit and A-Wing Pilot at the Wadsworth Target today...always a shock when they have new product..left behind a McQ Vader. Happy Hunting

Reaction score
Picked up the Betrayal on Bespin tonight at the Canton Centre Walmart...what an interesting place

Reaction score
I have 3 UGHS up for trade. Vader, McQuarrie Boba Fett, and Galactic Marine. I'm looking for an UGH McQuarrie Stormtrooper. It's the only one I need...

PM me if you're interested.

Reaction score
Parmatown TRU has several fresh cases of Wave 6 out. I saw 4 McSnowtroopers. I have enough, so I left them for you guys.

Kohls and Target didn't have anything of note in stock aside from a lone UGH Airborne Trooper at Target.

Reaction score
Picked up the Betrayal on Bespin at wal-mart on my route today.no new figures yet, i am enjoying the price cut of $5.88 a fig now.

Reaction score
I found a bunch of Wave 5 at the Kohl's on Sawmill tonight. I picked up a Darth Revan, Darth Malak, McSnowie, and a Pre-Cyborg Grievous. I left behind most of Wave 6, a Hermi Odle, C3PO, Roron Corobb, and a Darth Malak.

Reaction score
Picked up the latest comic book packs (figures 11, 12, and 13) at Parmatown Target. They still had another set there at 12:30pm. TRU had nothing new.

Reaction score
Did my monthly check of ghetto Kmart (w.150th./Loraid Rd.). Paid off sort of, they just stocked six different cases. Came out with an UGH Luke, UGH Han, and two UGH McTroopers.

If anyone doesn't mind spending another buck ($7.67 ea.), they still had alot of UGH Marines, UGH Airbornes, UGH Hans, UGH Lukes, UGH Windus, UGH McTroopers, and a few McVaders. Big assortment of wave 4 and a bunch of Legends also.

If you do go there..watch your back...a little scary.

Reaction score
Nothing new this morning ( wave 7) at Parma WM, TRU, Target, or Khols. Was on vacation all this week but had no time to hunt.
My Aunt and Uncle were in town from Fla. so I had to spend time with them. Anyways back to the grind on Monday...HH

Reaction score
Medina is flooded with pegwarmers. Managed to grab another Darktrooper and some oramnge Pit Droids, but that pretty much did it unless anyone needs any Legends remnants, clones, or DS troopers. Hopefully Christmas shoppers will clear out some of this mess.....especially WalMart.

Reaction score
those ds troopers in medina have been there in force since april/may... are the figs still 5.88?

just renovated the bathroom, so i'm only picking up the remaining concept figures...

Reaction score
uglygoat said:
those ds troopers in medina have been there in force since april/may... are the figs still 5.88?

just renovated the bathroom, so i'm only picking up the remaining concept figures...
Yeah, still $5.88. I know, they've been there forever, along with all those saga power droids. Recently they've been joined by a ton of Stormtroopers and Clone Troopers.

Reaction score
Been gone for a while with my latest acquistion, a baby girl. My first!!!

Haven't had a lot of time to search lately, but did run into a very helpful employee at Reynoldsburg Wal-Mart. He saw me looking at the star wars figures and asked if I wanted him to look for anything in the back because they want to get rid of everything. I said yes, of course! Long story short, every case in the back was opened and had the Mcquarrie figures and UGH figures removed. Got my hopes up, but left with the new comic packs. Not a total loss.

Reaction score
Congrats on your new acquisition DarthTim! You can't ask for anything better than that!

On a side note...that's why the Reynoldsburg Walmart completely sucks. I never figured out whether it's the employees that tear through the cases or the fact that there are a select few lurkers that hang out around stocking time and tear through the boxes while they're out on the floor and take their little goodies and move on. Frankly I wish they'd keep EVERYTHING in the back until they're ready to really stock the shelves. I, like a lot of people, view that behavior as pathetic.

But again congrats on the new baby girl!

Status
Not open for further replies.