Ohio Finds: Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Glad to hear a lot of you guys scored some good finds today - Sweetest Day indeed. At least we got some good news today in the hunting world. The way the Indians have been playing the last two games have been anything but "Sweet."

Come on, Indians! You can do it - at least get two runs on the board, please?

Reaction score
I gotta say it...GO SOX!!

Other than the Reds, Boston is my team. I do like Cleveland, but not when they're playing Boston.

Found the remnants of wave 6 at the Walmart in Moraine, but only Landos left.

Chris

Reaction score
cCc2021 said:

Other than the Reds, Boston is my team. I do like Cleveland, but not when they're playing Boston.
A Boston fan in Ohio? You're almost as lame as LeBraun James and his NY obsession. Here's something special just for you.
Go Tribe!

Reaction score
cCc2021 said:

Chris
I hope you never find another SW figure again...

Reaction score
Dayton mall TRU had some UGH figures out this morning, but it was the first wave of them so I didnt pick any up. Nothing else worth noting.

Whats that?! Boston made it to the World Series???!

Chris

Reaction score
Bite me, Chris. You're a traitor to your state's baseball teams. We here in Cleveland would root for the Cincy Reds if they could ever do anything.

Reaction score
Sweet! Easton Target's a goldmine!!! A full endcap absolutely OVERFLOWING with waves 5 and 6!!!!! Multiples of everything including the Mcs!!!!! Check your Target's fellas!
Actually I'm just joking, you REALLY expect to find anything around Columbus? lol

Reaction score
At Strongsville Kohl's today, picked up:

1x McSnowtrooper
1x Green Clone Officer
1x RA-7
1x TC-14
1x R4-19
2x Biker Scout

They had a bunch of wave 4 Legends and wave 6 TAC on one of those center cages in the main aisle by the Transformers. They were not in the normal area.
Once again, all the figures above (minus McSnowie) had the "Fan's Choice" sticker on them. By now, I think Hasbro is pretty much just putting those on ALL the Legend's figures. That just supports some of our theories that Hasbro employees aren't too smart.

And I'm proud to say that none of the above figures will be sold or traded to cCc2021. GO ROCKIES!!!!!

Reaction score
picked up a few figures today, saga legends ra-7 and r4-19 for myself, and a few of them snow troopers to help out a fellow scum.
hope your wife enjoys the flowers

Reaction score
reeseslover said:
picked up a few figures today, saga legends ra-7 and r4-19 for myself, and a few of them snow troopers to help out a fellow scum.
hope your wife enjoys the flowers
Thanks man! You really hooked me up... again, lol.

Reaction score
medina walmart: picked up a mcsnowie and a gen mcquarrie.

they had shedloads of smuggler lando and 4-lom. are they double packing these guys?

Reaction score
lando looks like he's gonna peg warm through xmas, with the death star troopers and clones...

Reaction score
picked up some marvel legends fantastic four figs for the rhino man, nothing new i needed though i may pick up a few extra figures from target since they are having a sale.

happy hunting

Reaction score
Got some DC Direct 1/6 scales figures in the mail yestarday!
Batman , Superman, Shazam and Aquaman!

Reaction score
uglygoat said:
medina walmart: picked up a mcsnowie and a gen mcquarrie.

they had shedloads of smuggler lando and 4-lom. are they double packing these guys?
I knew I should have asked. I was there last night and all they had was one Lando on the pegs. The toy manager I usually talk to was stocking another aisle but since I'm caught up and only hunting for another scummer at this time, I did not bother her. I wonder how long after I left she pulled out another stock pallet?

Nice find.

Reaction score
is the toy manager the sandy blond lady with glasses? sorta skinny, around 45-50?

she's told me that she doesn't order stock, that it arrives, and she puts it out there asap. she keeps the stock pretty organized imo, better than the trash heap that is strongsville walmart.

btw: that walmart has every ship you could want. there are multiples of each from the regular line, tie fighter, darth's tie, the v wing, sith infiltrator, plu kons ship, darth's sith fighter, obiwan jedifighter, on an upper shelf across from where they stock the starwars guys.

Reaction score
Picked up a Vader McQ, Ugh Boba McQ and a Darktrooper at the Wadsworth Wally. I was lucky enough to find 5 boxes of figs sitting in a cart. Happy Hunting...

Reaction score
BIGJIM said:
cCc2021 said:

Chris
I hope you never find another SW figure again...
Well your wish didnt come true! I finally decided to hit up a local Kohls after weeks of putting it off. Got to the pegs and they were just overflowing. Remnants of wave 5 and 6 and a ton of Legends. Picked up Torture Rack Solo and a Darktrooper to finish off what I wanted until wave 7, and another Darth Revan since the first one I bought was a little mangled. They had TC-14 and all the other new Legends but I dont have any interest for those.

So yeah, I'm a Boston fan but believe it or not, I'm rooting for the Rockies. They went from nothing to the World Series with an excellent group of young talent. I just think they deserve it more. The Reds could learn a thing or two from them.

Chris

Reaction score
Picked up a couple Darktroopers and a Clone Commander this morning at Sawmill TRU. It's been quite a while, but at least I found something this morning!!!

Reaction score
cCc2021 said:
So yeah, I'm a Boston fan but believe it or not, I'm rooting for the Rockies.
I'd say you're a little indecisive.
Make up your mind for your favorite baseball team and stick with it Mr. Flip-Flopper.
Go <s>Tribe</s> {Dammit} Go Rockies!

Reaction score
Btw, Parma Kohls has pegs full of a lot of figures, but nothing extraordinary. I did see several yellow clone commanders there. Parma TRU has large front display of mostly TAC Wave 4 remnants and no wave 5 or 6 in sight. I did see a few Saga Legends Wave 3 and picked up a yellow clone commander. I did see on lone Darktrooper, but I have plenty of him now.

Reaction score
uglygoat said:
is the toy manager the sandy blond lady with glasses? sorta skinny, around 45-50?

she's told me that she doesn't order stock, that it arrives, and she puts it out there asap. she keeps the stock pretty organized imo, better than the trash heap that is strongsville walmart.
Yes. She is one of the coolest store employees I've met yet. She can be a little moody though. I've learned to read her. If she is in a good mood she will help out in any way she can. If she's in a bad mood...don't bother asking, she will treat you like total crap and avoid you at all costs. She is very honest though and will not lie to you about 'policy' like the Target employees.

Reaction score
cCc2021 said:
I'm a Boston fan but believe it or not, I'm rooting for the Rockies. They went from nothing to the World Series with an excellent group of young talent. I just think they deserve it more. The Reds could learn a thing or two from them.

Chris
Are you on medication? You flip flop worse than John Kerry ever did. Pick a team and stick with it.

I've lived in Cleveland all my life and I was raised a Browns fan. However, I do not root for the Steelers when we play them because Santonio Holmes went to O-State and I think he deserves the win!

Please pick a team and stick to it. Your team is in the freakin WORLD SERIES. You're supposed to be happy for them, not the opponent.

Reaction score
Not to be a smart ***, but does anyone know when wave 7 is going to be released? Haven't been hunting since I'm all up to speed on all the figures. HH

Reaction score
Hopefully a LOT later rather than sooner...I think the majority of people need/want waves 5 and 6 to hit in fair quantities before another elusive wave hits. Shoot I've hardly even seen wave 4 and how long has that supposed to have been out?
When you don't actively hunt like me and only swing through the isles casually when you're out, you certainly appreciate the longer durations between waves....the longer each wave is out individually the easier it is to find something. It's been too easy for one or two collectors to wipe out a store's inventory this year for TAC when the waves initially hit.
I'd like to see wave 7 hit oh say maybe around New Years if not after the first of the year.
Seriously!

Reaction score
no new finds today for star wars, but i found wave 3 gi joe's for the rhinoman. now if only we could get figures for the same price for these bad boys then there wouldn't be so many peg warming figures and lots more new stuff could be put out.

Reaction score
worst case scenario wave 7 will likely come out on black friday and sell out so fast we'll have to pick them up off ebay for ungodly amounts of money. any thoughts?

Reaction score
One thing is for sure. Everything will be released before the end of the year. We still have two McQuarries to go and they are supposed to be 2007 line. There are no planned McFigures for 2008 as of yet. Expect to see the last two waves of TAC before the new year.

Reaction score
it's a toss up... i've gone the ebay route for some of the mcquarries, only to find them at retail almost the next day after i payed through the nose.

i'm sitting on my hands for the rest of the year, and hope to find what i'm looking for in the stores. basically the last two mc figures, and a pair of ewoks, maybe the new padme for the kid.

Reaction score
I'm betting that McSolo will be harder to find than the McRebeltrooper just because, personally, the design for the Rebeltrooper is pretty weak and not as interesting as a Snowtrooper and the like.

Reaction score
Ironic...my Hasbro order arrived today. Protective cases and my free IG88 UGH. The cards to my 2 Darktroopers were damaged.

Reaction score
I stopped at the Stow WM, it appears that huge endcap with SW figures has disappeared and has been replaced with barbie!?! The normal SW section didnt have much more then legends pegwarmers, the wave 5 and 6 figures appeared to be gone - anyone know if they were moved?

Reaction score
I swung by Great Northern today. Nothing much at WM, Target, or TRU, though TRU still has Wave 6 except for McSnowtrooper and they also have the yellow Fan's Choice Clonetrooper.

Reaction score
Stopped by ghetto Kmart today (I still don't know why). Saw to my amazement an UGH Mace and Ugh R2...with silver coins in UGH packaging!! Huh? Cool, new variant I thought. Then on my way up to the register I thought to look closer at the actual coins...what? Legends coins?

Nice tape job to whatever tool swiped the gold coins and replaced them with others. Not the first time I've seen coins ganked from this particular store. It was the first time I saw them replaced though.

Reaction score
Stopped by Morse Rd. TRU today and saw what looked like 4 cases of Wave 6 on the pegs, sans Snowtroopers. I did find a Snowtrooper at the new Kohl's in Lancaster this afternoon, yeah!!!. There's some Legends wave 4 still there, so eat it up...

Reaction score
Nothing at Parmatown on Saturday, not even Kohl's (except a few wave 5 remnants and old pegwarmers. They did have wave 6 Han and Lando though).

Reaction score
Saved a Darktrooper saturday from falling into the hands of a scalper. If anyone has an extra McSnowtrooper and is looking for a Darktrooper let me know.

Also, does anyone know when TRU switches over to their holiday hours? I hate going every year thinking that I'm there at opening and finding out that they've been open for an hour.

Reaction score
I had an unexpected day off from work today so I did a little toy searching. Didn't find anything new for me, but anyone on the Westside looking for a McSnowtrooper should stop into the Fairview Park Kohl's. The pegs were full of the usual figures but I did find two boxes sitting near an end cap by the Christmas decorations. Both Wave 6, including 3 McSnowtroopers. This was around 12:30 this afternoon. Also, the North Olmsted Target has one UGH Luke with medal and one UGH Han with headset.

Status
Not open for further replies.