Ohio Finds: Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Anyone on the Westside of Cleveland looking for Wave 5 should stop at the Walmart in Avon. This afternoon at 12:30, I found a sealed case waiting to be put out so naturally I opened it. Two Yoda with Kybuck, a Darth Malak, a Darth Revan, Starkiller Hero, and C-3PO with Salacious Crumb. I only bought C-3PO because I had all the others from on-line pre-orders. I figured I'd give the stocking people a break and hung them all on the hooks for anyone else who might be looking and not know to check around the toy department for unopened boxes waiting to be stocked. Already on the pegs were a McVader, tattooed Anakin, pre-cyborg Grievous, and the Ithorian Jedi, Roron. They also had a number of UGH figures (Mace, R2, Marine, Animated Boba). I can't remember seeing one gold coin on this side of Cleveland, let alone this many in one place!

If you're in need of Wave 6, then check out Toys R Us in North Olmsted. As of 1:30 p.m., plenty of all five figures, including 3 McSnowtroopers, although someone had bent two of the cardbacks and ripped a third. If you're not picky on mint condition, here's your chance.

Happy Shopping. I have to go cancel my pre-orders for waves 7, 7.5, and 8 since it looks like the stores in the area are getting stock again. In the words of little Anakin: Yippee!

Reaction score
Hit the motherload in Findlay yeterday. Picked up 2 McQ Vaders, Pre Cyborg Greivous, CZ-4, Sarkiller hero, yellow AOTC trooper, Yoda and Kybuck, Roron Corob, 2 packs of red battle droids, Lando in Smuggler gear, tatoo Anakin, 4-LOM, and darth Malak.

Reaction score
Dayton mall TRU had all of wave 5 this morning including 2 McVaders, 2 Starkillers, and a few UGH figures. I picked up a couple extra McVaders and a Starkiller, along with an UGH R2 and Mace Windu. I got lucky and talked to a guy who traded me a McSnowtrooper for the Starkiller.

BTW, I have an extra UGH Han Solo if anyone needs him. I would like to trade for another UGH figure. Just PM me.

Chris

Reaction score
Parmatown TRU seems to have gotten another case of wave 4. I saw a CZ-4 there plus the usual Wave 4 pegwarmers. No McVaders or UGH figures. Brookpark WM had nothing of note there. Didn't have time to go anywhere else.

Reaction score
I had luck at Kohl's today...picked up McQ Vader/Starkiller(only ones) on the Arlington Rd. Found Darth Revan at Wadsworth(left Darth Malak behind)

Reaction score
It seems like we're getting tumble weeds blowing through the Columbus streets...I don't see reports of anyone in C-bus finding anything anymore....I only swing by the toy isles if I'm already out at the stores and all I see are the same old same old stuff. In a way I'm thankful at the extra stuff isn't hitting the way it's hitting all at once elsewhere...that's too much! I miss the old days of happily picking up one figure and bringing it home. Oh well....life does go on!

Reaction score
Hey Mosep, thanks for the head's up on the Wal Mart in Avon. I picked up CZ-4 and a few more UGHS figs (Mace, R2, Marine) this morning. There were still a few Anakins and Yodas on the pegs as well.

Reaction score
Picked up all of Wave 5 at Miller Lane Walmart in Dayton then came back home to Findlay and finally found Animated Boba Fett still haven't found a McChewy I have an extra McBoba if anyone wants to trade it for a McChewy!! PM and let me know.

Reaction score
Brooklyn WM has nothing new. Stay far far away. I'm actually thinking I'm going to tone down my hunts for a little bit. I'm pretty much all caught up aside from helping a friend of mine get some UGH figures. All I need next is Wave 7's McSolo.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Strongsville has done nothing new (any of the stores). WM did however move all the old saga to an end cage over by the bikes. Nothing but TAC in the aisle now. Just need all the other stores to follow suit now....and clearance them.

Reaction score
The Cuyahoga Falls TRU is loaded with wave 4, plenty of CZ-4, animated Boba, and UGH figures if anyone needs them.

PS - where are all the Cuyahoga Falls / Stow people? There are like 5+ collectors from that area that use these forums...start posting people.

Reaction score
BIGJIM said:
palps45895 said:
Anyone wanting the new Target Exclusive AT-RT 2-pack BATTLE PACK go to Target.com at the following link. Apparently, per the site, it's an online exclusive and available to order RIGHT NOW!

http://www.target.com/Star-Wars-AT-RT-Assault-Squad/dp/B000Q6RJ4I/ref=in_pe_recently-viewed-items_1/602-5489382-1918231
Those paint jobs seem a little bright don't they? Maybe it's just a bad pic.
Wow, that was fast. Mine shipped already...

Reaction score
Parmatown TRU has several McVaders on the pegs and two UGH Mace Windus, and CZ-4. Nothing else there. I picked up the last Animated Fett for myself.

Target didn't have anything, but Kohls, surprise surprise, was a gold mine again. I picked up the only McSnowtrooper and Green AOTC Commander I saw - and, to top it off, the figures are $6.99 this week. Nice! They also had the rest of Wave 5, plus I saw TC-14, too. Pegs are full.

Reaction score
i have a extra mc vader and i found a star killer today if you still need them. i also have two gold ugh mc troopers if anyone needs them. i don't collect these, sticking to otc trilogy figures, but i'll pick'em up to help out anyone who needs them.

Reaction score
Reeses, I'll take the UGH McTroopers off your hands... Let me know.

BTW, I have UGH R2, Galactic Marine and Mace available. I need a Luke if Reeses comes through with the Mctroppers

Reaction score
Spideymike said:
Parmatown TRU has several McVaders on the pegs and two UGH Mace Windus, and CZ-4. Nothing else there. I picked up the last Animated Fett for myself.

Target didn't have anything, but Kohls, surprise surprise, was a gold mine again. I picked up the only McSnowtrooper and Green AOTC Commander I saw - and, to top it off, the figures are $6.99 this week. Nice! They also had the rest of Wave 5, plus I saw TC-14, too. Pegs are full.
Nice find. You seem to be having the most sucess lately. Keep it up and you're going to run out of stuff to hunt for.

Reaction score
BIGJIM said:
Nice find. You seem to be having the most sucess lately. Keep it up and you're going to run out of stuff to hunt for.
I think other than one more Green AOTC Clone, I'm all set until Wave 7's McSolo figure. I don't really get any of the UGH, but if I see a McStormtrooper UGH, I may pick it up.

Reaction score
how does khols justify having basic carded figures for ten bucks? not even kmart is that obnoxious!

the khol's in medina looks like it's been stepped on in the toy dept. walmart has on the endcap in seasonal two 4-lom's and a pair of disco landos. i picked up han on the rack, and it's sorta meh. the kid is most delighted torturing poor han. she must get it from her mother.

i didn't see the mcquarrie from that waive, and i'm not sure of how the case they got is packed, if the mcquarrie's got to the pegs, or if someone got them.

still a boat load of clones and stormies, as well as some saga legend clones.
there's nothing in medina target, it's about to get scratched off the list...

Reaction score
uglygoat said:
how does khols justify having basic carded figures for ten bucks? not even kmart is that obnoxious!

the khol's in medina looks like it's been stepped on in the toy dept. walmart has on the endcap in seasonal two 4-lom's and a pair of disco landos. i picked up han on the rack, and it's sorta meh. the kid is most delighted torturing poor han. she must get it from her mother.

i didn't see the mcquarrie from that waive, and i'm not sure of how the case they got is packed, if the mcquarrie's got to the pegs, or if someone got them.

still a boat load of clones and stormies, as well as some saga legend clones.
there's nothing in medina target, it's about to get scratched off the list...
Yes. I've pretty much given up on Medina all together.

The Kohl's is still stocking TAC wave 2 and the WM toy manager has assured me that they are now getting 'random cases' through Christmas. No more larger orders until all those pegwarmers are gone. She has always been very honest with me and helped out more than a few times.

The Target is pretty much dead too. The last time someone pulled a case for me (a few weeks ago), it was TAC wave 1!!! Judging from the stock at stores in the area, I think the Target distribution center is a little behind.

I no longer go into Medina to just hunt, I only check it if I'm in the area and even then only if I feel like it.

Reaction score
Oh yeah, Strongsville still has nothing but clone army builder crap at Target and WM. WM has some other remnants but that is all. Kohl's has one McChewie if anyone is still missing him.

I'm seriously contemplating avoiding all Target stores until someone actually posts something newer than wave 3. It seems like a waste. Besides, I don't really agree with a lot of Target's beliefs anyway, but this is not exactly a place for that discussion.

Reaction score
Yes, Medina-area Kohls sucks. Actually most of Medina stores didn't impress me one bit. Parma Kohls has 16 pegs and it's really nice. I did see Elis Helrot (Scream) at the Parma Target, so they must have gotten Wave 4 of TAC.

And, don't be misled by the $9.99 price tag - almost always that's the fake price and there's a sale price. A few weeks back figures were $7.50 "on sale." This week they're "on sale" for $6.99 - which is what all the other stores are charging.

Reaction score
Spideymike said:
Yes, Medina-area Kohls sucks. Actually most of Medina stores didn't impress me one bit. Parma Kohls has 16 pegs and it's really nice. I did see Elis Helrot (Scream) at the Parma Target, so they must have gotten Wave 4 of TAC.

And, don't be misled by the $9.99 price tag - almost always that's the fake price and there's a sale price. A few weeks back figures were $7.50 "on sale." This week they're "on sale" for $6.99 - which is what all the other stores are charging.
Yes, Kohl's is one of those stores that inflates their prices and has things 'on sale' all of the time so it seems as if you're getting some great deal. The sign by the SW reads 30% off (wooo!!!). Unfortunately, 30% off for them is everyone elses regular price. That's just so the soccer mom's who only frequent Kohl's think they are getting something for a killer price. I actually overheard some soccer mom at Target tell her kid (who asked if he could get a SW figure) to wait because they were on sale at Kohl's. She never even checked the price. Some people will believe whatever you tell them.

Reaction score
Nothing new at Parma TRU. Didn't have time to stop at Brooklyn WM this morning. Mike, thanks for trying to hide that Mc vader but someone must of found it.
Maybe you need to hide stuff better next time....JK
-thanks for the effort.

Reaction score
kitt1987 said:
It seems like we're getting tumble weeds blowing through the Columbus streets...I don't see reports of anyone in C-bus finding anything anymore....I only swing by the toy isles if I'm already out at the stores and all I see are the same old same old stuff. In a way I'm thankful at the extra stuff isn't hitting the way it's hitting all at once elsewhere...that's too much! I miss the old days of happily picking up one figure and bringing it home. Oh well....life does go on!
I think in columbus even our tumbleweed is getting tumbleweed lol. I go to stores often but have turned up NOTHING!

Reaction score
The way stores are stocking figures nowadays (should I say 'not stocking'?), I'm thinking of just going the online route from now on. All I want now are the rest of the Mcquarries anyway. It just doesn't seem worth it to drive around and waste gas.

Reaction score
Do you guys think the reason for so many pegwarmers these days...honestly I haven't seen the figures linger around like this for several years now...but you think the economy and price per fig makes it that much tougher to stock up on duplicates for people?

Reaction score
kitt1987 said:
Do you guys think the reason for so many pegwarmers these days...honestly I haven't seen the figures linger around like this for several years now...but you think the economy and price per fig makes it that much tougher to stock up on duplicates for people?
Price could have somethng to do with it. For example, Hasbro's 25th Ann. GI Joes are just as detailed and articulated, if not better. WM has them for $4.99. Two bucks cheaper for basically the same product, just different shapes and colors.

Also, the 'little Billys' of the world can only buy up so many R2's and Obi-Wans. There are too many core character figures from the movies out there. Is it possible Hasbro is banking on people buying up the popular figures for use as actual toys (imagine that-figures as toys
)? I think that is the reason we see so many C3POs, R2s, Mace, vaders, etc.

It seems like Hasbro only short packs the stuff collectors really want (Mcfigures, EU, etc.).

Reaction score
Today, found McVader, Starkiller, and McSnowtrooper at Parma Khol's.
So now I'm all up to date-no more hunting for a few weeks. And save some money...
HH
AND GO TRIBE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Thumbs up to Reeseslover! Met up with him today and picked up the UGH Mctroopers for me and a buddy. Good guy, easy to work with and gave me the figures for cost. Thanks!

Reaction score
Found the Saga Legends RA-7, R4-I9, and TC-14 at the Kohl's in Avon today at noon. Reg. $9.99 on sale for $6.99. Only the one of each but there were about a half a dozen biker scouts if anyone's interested.

Reaction score
Was out in Oberlin today. Checked out the super-duper WM supercenter. Found some wave 5 and some new Legends.

Came up with:
2x Red Pit Droids
2x Imperial Officers
2x Biker Scouts
1x Yellow Clone Officer
1x McStarkiller.

Sweet thing is, all of them except the McStarkiller had 'Fans Choice' stickers on them. The whole case must have been tagged. They also had both Sandtrooper variants.

Reaction score
I had some good luck today (for a change), apparently scalpers dont hit the Kohls stores like they do TRU and WM, because today at the Akron (arlington rd.) Kohls, I found wave 5, 6, and legends wave 4. I picked up pre-cyborg Grievous, Malak, McSnowtrooper, and TC-14 - the only figure I couldnt find was the Starkiller. If anyone has a spare Starkiller for sale or trade please LMK, my trade list is below.

Status
Not open for further replies.