Ohio Finds Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I picked up a Titanium Obi-wan fighter today at the Fairlawn TRU, no sign of the others - I still need the Titanium V-wing and Plo Koon fighter. If anyone sees them - I'd appreciate if you let me know (or stashed them) - the Fairlawn area gets raided constantly, but no one posts about it...

TRU also has several of the new full sized ships, like the v-wing and Infiltrator. They also have several Luke figures from wave 2, but nothing else from the wave - strange. If anyone wants those crappy Order 66 packs, Target had like 40 on a clearance endcap.

Reaction score
Snagged all the new Titanium's (sans Plo Koon fighter) at Strongsville WM. They had one Titanium V-Wing left, I stashed it on the back of the pegs if anyone wants it (notice the Republic logo is scratched on it).

Only about half the 50% Order 66 packs Strongsville Target had yesterday are left. Looks like the soccer moms are taking advantage of two figures for less than the price of one. They don't know the difference between the figures anyway (I actually heard one woman tell her kid, "look, this Darth Vader comes with a Stormtrooper"). I felt like smacking her...

Reaction score
Anyone in Dayton area looking for clearance Order 66 packs. 202 Target in Huber heights has a whole end cap full of them for $6 and some change. Springfield Target has the Vader coin album marked down to $2.50 also.

Reaction score
BIGJIM said:
Snagged all the new Titanium's (sans Plo Koon fighter) at Strongsville WM. They had one Titanium V-Wing left, I stashed it on the back of the pegs if anyone wants it (notice the Republic logo is scratched on it).
A couple pages ago you said you dont collect them lol

I bought an airborne trooper at toysrus they have been hard to find!

Reaction score
littleani said:
BIGJIM said:
A couple pages ago you said you dont collect them lol

I bought an airborne trooper at toysrus they have been hard to find!
Don't worry about it son. If you simply MUST know, my father-in-law collects the Titaniums and I picked them up for him...Happy now??
lol

Reaction score
darth_sidious said:
TRU also has several of the new full sized ships, like the v-wing and Infiltrator.
Thanks for the tip Darth_Sidious...I picked up each ship today...also found 2 of the McQuarrie Boba's at the Fairlawn Target.

On a personal note...my collecting stopped cold after spending weeks packing up 10+ years worth of Star Wars items in prep for a move to a new house... I was sooooo sick of handling and packing toys...I couldn't stand going to a toy store. Well I guess my need for collecting is starting to resurface.
My items will be packed away until November...

Reaction score
SJediMstr said:
darth_sidious said:
TRU also has several of the new full sized ships, like the v-wing and Infiltrator.
Thanks for the tip Darth_Sidious...I picked up each ship today...also found 2 of the McQuarrie Boba's at the Fairlawn Target.

On a personal note...my collecting stopped cold after spending weeks packing up 10+ years worth of Star Wars items in prep for a move to a new house... I was sooooo sick of handling and packing toys...I couldn't stand going to a toy store. Well I guess my need for collecting is starting to resurface.
My items will be packed away until November...
Glad you were able to pick up those ships - and good to see you back on the boards - did you buy both Bobas? I am in need of one as well...

Reaction score
Parmatown TRU has the new comic book packs as well as the new Vintage line. Both are $9.99.

Target has remnants of TAC Wave 2.

Reaction score
Vintage is showing up everywhere except Walmart. Found mine at Target this morning for $11.99 (yuk) but went to TRU at 10 am and found some more, so my Target ones are getting returned. Polaris did a nice reset to where there are 4 pegs of Vintage and 4 pegs of TAC now. Thank God!

Reaction score
I stopped by the Stow WM and all the comic packs were there from wave 2, I picked up the Obi-wan pack. KB got a case of figures in they were the original wave 2 assortment, with 2 bobas, I picked up 1 boba and left the rest. Now I just need to track down the titanium V-wing and Plo Koon's fighter to be caught up...(not to mention a VTAC Snowtrooper!)

Reaction score
DarthVeach said:
Vintage is showing up everywhere except Walmart. Found mine at Target this morning for $11.99 (yuk) but went to TRU at 10 am and found some more, so my Target ones are getting returned. Polaris did a nice reset to where there are 4 pegs of Vintage and 4 pegs of TAC now. Thank God!
Sorry to quote myself, but as a continuation...
With the exception of the Snowtrooper and the AWESOME hoth Han, I really think this wave of Vintage falls short. Luke bespin failed to deliver (I will be doing a head swap!) and I think Bossk and IG-88 look like every other one they released and Leia poncho is as bad as every other bad Leia figure. Nice to finnaly have a decent Snowtrooper though!

Reaction score
Strongsville Target did their reset early. All shelves are fully stocked including 2 full rows (6-8 pegs) of TSC, one full row (3-4 pegs) of TAC (sans all McQuarries), one full row (3-4 pegs) of ALL new comic packs, and one full row (3-4 pegs) of ALL new vintage figures (sorry, I took all those but DCPI shows more in the back).

Reaction score
Just picked up my 3 sheets of the Star Wars stamps this morning. They look great! When do they announce the winning stamp?

Reaction score
Hey Tim!
I ran into to your favorite person at Toys R Us last Saturday! Man what a piece of work! She had nothing nice too say about anyone or anything and it was in front of a bunch of kids! I made a point to get to the Star Wars isle
first so she could'nt get anything worth having and of course she made a comment about me getting there first! They had nothing that day . The funny thing is she even said that she gets this stuff for friends to trade for HotWheels. Where do these people come from??

Reaction score
How was she doing? I was really worried about her since I haven't run into her for a while! I've never been one to collect HotWheels, but I've started looking on my toy runs for anything good to keep them away from these weirdos. I have no problem with people collecting them as a hobby, but come on they are just toys!

Reaction score
She is as rude and batty as ever! Plus she's real great coneversaltionist and an absolute joy to be around!! If your catatonic! Maybe you could trade her some of your Hotwheels finds!

They are just toys but some of people just invest way too much of there lives and themselves into it!! Some of these peolple are just plan scary! On a Positive note I've also some great friends becuase of this hobby.

Reaction score
I think that the next time that I run into her, I might have to give her a hug!

Other than that nothing much new today beside some vintage hans and leias, and some comic packs. After seeing the han and leia in person I can see why they will peg warm this summer!

Reaction score
Hey guys, just out of curiousity, what time do these "run-ins" happen and at what store(s)?

Thanks!

DAVE

Reaction score
The Target in Huber Heights and Beaver Creek both had the Comic two packs. They also had all the Wave 2 TAC figures with the exception of Boba Fett.

Reaction score
I picked up the Plo Koon and V-wing titaniums at TRU in Fairlawn, which gets me caught up on those. They also had VTAC figures - everyone but the snowtrooper once again - they also had several luke, han, and biggs from wave 2, at least 5 cases worth - but not a single army builder from the wave or bobas - there is some serious hoarding goin on.

Reaction score
darth_sidious said:
I picked up the Plo Koon and V-wing titaniums at TRU in Fairlawn, which gets me caught up on those. They also had VTAC figures - everyone but the snowtrooper once again - they also had several luke, han, and biggs from wave 2, at least 5 cases worth - but not a single army builder from the wave or bobas - there is some serious hoarding goin on.
Rare...you mean to tell me a store in Fairlawn actually HAD something!

Reaction score
Just won a McQuarrie concept Luke and C3P0/R2 combo package on evilbay. $71.00 sucks but it's cheaper than flying out to California from Ohio for the weekend and waiting in like for most of it. I'm such a sucker.

Reaction score
picked up a set of wave 2 at toys-r-us dayton mall yesterday evening. other than that no new finds. looking for new votc.

Reaction score
You should have waited on those McQuarrie figures. The Luke is available on HasbroToyShop.com right now and if you use the coupon code that's been floating around you get 25% off and free shipping. I just ordered one for around $12 shipped. The droids will be cheaper once the convention is over also. There will be a flood of them on eBay. Just thought I'd let you know

Reaction score
Zodach said:
You should have waited on those McQuarrie figures. The Luke is available on HasbroToyShop.com right now and if you use the coupon code that's been floating around you get 25% off and free shipping. I just ordered one for around $12 shipped. The droids will be cheaper once the convention is over also. There will be a flood of them on eBay. Just thought I'd let you know
Yeah, I noticed. Fortunately they were not for me, but a family member with a lot more money than me. Besides, he wanted the ones with the Celebration sticker on them. They will be worth more down the road.

Reaction score
BIGJIM said:
Zodach said:
Yeah, I noticed. Fortunately they were not for me, but a family member with a lot more money than me. Besides, he wanted the ones with the Celebration sticker on them. They will be worth more down the road.
Oh yeah, I did go and use the promo code and get myself one for just under $12. I don't need the Celebration sticker.

Reaction score
Sawmill Target had some TAC2 remnants last night, Han, Luke, Death Star Trooper. Lots of empty pegs.

Reaction score
I stopped by the Chapel Hill TRU and bought a VTAC Snowtrooper - which now has me caught up until wave 3 hits the pegs (which may be any day now!)

Reaction score
I found all of wave 3 at Walmart this afternoon. I picked up the McQuarrie Chewbacca, 2x Stormtroopers, and the Jawa.
Biggs, Luke, and Vader were all there and there were several Airborne Troops and Galactic Marines also.

Reaction score
Zodach said:
I found all of wave 3 at Walmart this afternoon. I picked up the McQuarrie Chewbacca, 2x Stormtroopers, and the Jawa.
Biggs, Luke, and Vader were all there and there were several Airborne Troops and Galactic Marines also.
You HAVE to be kidding!
I just got the vintage and thought I was done for a while!!

Reaction score
Oh for God's sake...when the heck did wave 3 hit? I've never found half of wave 2 yet. Man I have got to be in the minority here when I wish that there would be fewer figures released with a wider release period between waves.

Reaction score
Zodach said:
One of the Targets by me has a sealed case in the back and they won't tell me what's inside. Gotta be wave 3.

Reaction score
Order 66 packs on clearance at Easton Target. $6.98. Usually Target marks things down slowly so I reccomend you all go pick them up. Especially because if you're like me and you put it off and wait for a lower clearance, they usually sell out.
lol. I got the last two darth packs and there were no Anakin packs. Still quite a few obi's and palpatine's only a couple (3) mace's. If anyone sees Anakin Order 66 Pack, I am looking for two!

Reaction score
Expensive month. VOTC at 9.99 - 11.99 and wave 3 a com'in and don't forget SAGA LEGENDS.

Look for Rebel Honor Guard to be hard to find since it is not in any revision packs that I can see.

Reaction score
Re: Ohio Finds

Hi, I'm new here.

Anyway, thanks to the tip from darth_sidious I was able to get the last VTAC Bespin Luke at the Chapel Hill TRU yesterday. They still had them all but Lukes and Snowtroopers.

Also, at the Macedonia Target they didn't have any VTAC, but they had some Order 66 on clearance. And I saw Biggs pilot, and Han Gunner, and Luke Yavin. Didn't buy any, so if you need those, check it out.

ALSO....I don't plan on buying any more SW this year, so now I have a Galactic Hunt sticker thingie I don't need. If anyone wants the sticker and order form that came with Bespin Luke, it's up for grabs. Just PM me. First person that PMs me and wants it, it's yours if you send me a SASE.

I just hope that helps out my fellow Ohioans!!

(done with SW...but can't wait for the 25th GI Joes!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.