Offworld Jawa - #96

Reaction score
Fkn ell, that is a litany of crap decision making right there.

Personally, I prefer soft goods for something like this. But unfortunately Hasbro has a history of poor execution with that medium and their choice of material is a head scratcher, to say the least. They seem to insist on using a coarse/tough material, instead of a more pliable felt that could hug the figure better.

Their original Jawa release looks superior to this even if it's all plastic, every one looks exactly the same and they are essentially statues with no movement.

Reaction score
Oof. I did not realize there were no new arms under the cloth robe, and instead the same bulky, difficult to pose arms. I retract my previous statement!

After watching that review I think the Jawa is off my list for now. I too was hoping for more range of motion and that he could hold his guns in two hands. I incorrectly assumed that he would have new arms, and not the same arms under a new cloth material (double the clothing, one plastic and one cloth).

If he's going to be practically the same, I prefer the original Jawa, of which I bought several and could later buy for $13.

Reaction score
Yeesh, never knew the articulation on the Jawa arms was so bad. I was looking forward to this one too. But they gotta commit to soft goods or plastic, not this combination of both. The cloak over the sculpted arms does not look good at all.

Reaction score
I'm actually surprised there is anything new under the robes. I assumed they would just slap a new cloth robe on the old figure and call it a day.

Reaction score
It's not actually new... seems they kept the arms of the sculpted robe, but left out the sculpted robe from the waist down. Something along those lines. Half n half.

Reaction score
This new Offworld Jawa looks cool; it actually reminds me of a high-end bootleg, and I mean that as a compliment. I like the darker robe, and I like the red eyes - nice touch.

I wish there were a way to make the eyes glow as Hasbro did with the 1997 POTF2 2-pack Jawa release; those figures featured a yellow-ish "square" on the top of the head & when light came through, the eyes "glowed" yellow. However, I understand that this would be logistically complicated, and a square on top of the head would be more obvious with a 6" figure.

Reaction score
This new Offworld Jawa looks cool; it actually reminds me of a high-end bootleg, and I mean that as a compliment. I like the darker robe, and I like the red eyes - nice touch.

I wish there were a way to make the eyes glow as Hasbro did with the 1997 POTF2 2-pack Jawa release; those figures featured a yellow-ish "square" on the top of the head & when light came through, the eyes "glowed" yellow. However, I understand that this would be logistically complicated, and a square on top of the head would be more obvious with a 6" figure.
They did something similar with 4-LOM for the 6". His eyes kind of lights up when he is back lit-ish.
Also some of the 6" jawas do have glowing eyes in the dark, when they have been exposed to a flashlight/bulb/etc.

Reaction score
They did something similar with 4-LOM for the 6". His eyes kind of lights up when he is back lit-ish.

Also some of the 6" jawas do have glowing eyes in the dark, when they have been exposed to a flashlight/bulb/etc.
Thanks - was not aware of this. I don't know if my 6" Jawa has glowing eyes, and I just recently got the 6" 4-LOM (great figure!). I'll have to try that with both of them.

Reaction score
Saw this figure on Monday morning at Walmart in the white box.Obviously they put them out by mistake. Scanned it at the self check out but no dice. He will all over the place come October 4th. Really like the cloth cloak on this one.

Reaction score
I just checked mine - they all have glowing eyes
Thanks. Yesterday I tested my 6" Jawa to see if the eyes glowed (by putting the figure's face up to a light bulb for a while, and then turning the lights off) - and, I was very underwhelmed. The glowing "feature" was very minimal. The POTF2 Jawas glowing feature is a lot more obvious & impressive.

Reaction score
Thanks. Yesterday I tested my 6" Jawa to see if the eyes glowed (by putting the figure's face up to a light bulb for a while, and then turning the lights off) - and, I was very underwhelmed. The glowing "feature" was very minimal. The POTF2 Jawas glowing feature is a lot more obvious & impressive.
Wow. I did not know they had that feature. I've never seen it mentioned anywhere before. I'll have to check mine out tonight.

Reaction score
I’ll probably get a couple of these and swap parts with the original Jawas to have an improved classic Jawa. I hated the complete lack of poseability in the originals. I wonder if the elbows could be sloppily modified to have more movement at the elbow? The review I saw said the knees were needlessly restricted by the sculpt as well. Maybe just a quick and dirty job with an Xacto knife to remove some plastic around the joint?

Reaction score
Can't believe they got me to drop 20 on this. When the question Worst Black Series comes up his name will definitely be brought up by me.

Such a weak figure, especially in the first wave. He's got cloth but it's basically no different than the plastic other than it's fraying horribly. Really reminds me of the half ***** Marvel Legends filler figures. But IG-11 would have been mostly reuse except a bandolier and he'd have been much more interesting.

Reaction score
I picked this 6" Offworld Jawa up recently - great figure. I like the cloth robe & red eyes - nice touch (though I know it's probably screen accurate, and wasn't made up just for the figure). I always thought the Jawas would look cool on planets other than Tattoine; i.e., I felt their scavenging for metal/scrap would lend itself to other planets with large urban cities, and that it should be a typical thing to see them underfoot and "on the fringes" in these places.

So, it's cool that they made a Jawa figure from a planet other than Tattoine. This also reminds me slightly of the Marvel SW EU comic series (1977-1986). IIRC, in at least several of those comics they depicted Jawas on other planets, typically in the background, etc.

Reaction score
Interestingly, the paragraph on the back of the box acts like this "Offworld Jawa" might just be relocated from Tatooine: "Ships traveling to and from Tatooine have resulted in some Jawas leaving their desert home-world. Those that do arrive on new planets continue their old habits in their new surroundings, but their obsessive need for technology still drives them."

Strange...secondly, I wanted to chime in and say I poo-pooed this figure when discussing it earlier, and, now that I have him opened, he's great!

Reaction score
Interestingly, the paragraph on the back of the box acts like this "Offworld Jawa" might just be relocated from Tatooine: "Ships traveling to and from Tatooine have resulted in some Jawas leaving their desert home-world. Those that do arrive on new planets continue their old habits in their new surroundings, but their obsessive need for technology still drives them."
It feels to me like perhaps the Offworld Jawa directs the Mandalorian toward Tatooine to begin with.

GNT

Reaction score
I've yet to see the offworld Jawa in store, seen everyone else but not this one yet :(

Reaction score

Strange...secondly, I wanted to chime in and say I poo-pooed this figure when discussing it earlier, and, now that I have him opened, he's great!
It doesn't seem THAT strange to me that Jawas would be located on other planets in a world where people are constantly flying around to different planets all the time.
Haha.

I haven't opened mine yet, but I like the look a lot. Enough to buy two!

Reaction score
I don't care for Jawas but I do like how he has a soft goods cloak now. I only got it cause that was the only 6" BS figure that store had left and I was itching to buy something.

Reaction score
Picked him up with my TFF Haul and i really like him! Nice wash on the belt/strap and the raggedy soft goods give him a nice weathered look compared to the previous release

Reaction score
I saw this guy at Walmart a couple days ago. Didn't buy it, but cool looking for sure. I may grab a few if they ever go on clearance anywhere.

Reaction score
I suppose the unhindered leg articulation will be handy for having him loitering and sitting in doorways Mos Eisley style.....

Reaction score
i know this is going to sound awkward but what does he look like under the cloak? I have been thinking of getting the dark Jawa but after getting the one that came out last year and the one that came out in the 40th line. The articulation was limited. How is it on this version?

Reaction score
i know this is going to sound awkward but what does he look like under the cloak? I have been thinking of getting the dark Jawa but after getting the one that came out last year and the one that came out in the 40th line. The articulation was limited. How is it on this version?
There's a couple waist down shots here http://www.rebelscum.com/Hasbro-Star-Wars/Offworld-Jawa-The-Black-Series.asp

I haven't opened mine yet, I know the arms are the same as the sculpted robe Jawa, so they're still a little hindered in their posing ability.

Reaction score
Kind of curious to see how weird it looks without the clothed robe at all.
It'll look weird. The entire top half is exactly the same as the previous Jawa. Just look at that one and imagine no lower skirt piece. The waist will be a lot thinner than the top as its a molded upper cloth covering and the lower cloth was a separate molded piece which is no longer there.

Reaction score
It'll look weird. The entire top half is exactly the same as the previous Jawa. Just look at that one and imagine no lower skirt piece. The waist will be a lot thinner than the top as its a molded upper cloth covering and the lower cloth was a separate molded piece which is no longer there.
*points* What he said.

This figure kind of falls flat for me. Like, I like that the Robe is a little more brown looking in hand, but the reuse of the torso and arms from the previous figure feels clumsy. And it's hard to keep the robe closed at the bottom half of the figure. I'll probably use a dot of super glue.

Reaction score
My wife insisted on going to target last night. I didn't want to go but we went anyway. They had 1 and I snatched it up right away. I'm excited for it. I dont really like the red eyes but I'm not opposed to taking the robe off and putting it on the one from last year

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't care for Jawas but I do like how he has a soft goods cloak now. I only got it cause that was the only 6" BS figure that store had left and I was itching to buy something.
...Disgusting creatures. 😋

Jawas are cool IMO, but it really seems like a wasted slot for a literal background character in the show at this point. Why not make the "I have spoken" guy, or any of the other characters that had way more screen time than the Jawa. I'm sure it was a budget thing with Hasbro.

Edit: Yup, spoke too soon. LOL! The Jawa was a good choice for this wave.

Last edited: