Official Rebelscum Celebration V Survival Guide

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
9ZharTahJot9 said:
Chris,
Even though it was not completed, it was still a breath of fresh air!
Thanks.
Glad you like it! We'll continue to update it as more information is released leading up to the big show.

Reaction score
Good work Chris, a question though is the celebration store going to be 24hrs like C4 ? I'm just wondering if it is, especialy since it worked so well at C4, because of how bad it was at C3.

Reaction score
Since this will be my first Celebration, how did it work at CIV, with the 24hr store? Were the lines manangeable[sic] throughout the entire day?

Reaction score
9ZharTahJot9 said:
Since this will be my first Celebration, how did it work at CIV, with the 24hr store? Were the lines manangeable[sic] throughout the entire day?
The CIV store was basically line-free most of the day. You could literally walk right up to the register at times. Let's hope they do as good a job this time around.

Reaction score
Will it be 24 hours this time? That would be sweet

(Sorry if I"m blind and missed that...)

Reaction score
Hopefully they will let us know soon. It really worked at C4 without a glich. Just made it really easy to get your stuff without spending the whole day in there unless you wanted too.

Jovial_Jay

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Since I'm creating that PDF, I'll answer...

In short, I don't know.

I don't want to post a "schedule" when nothing has any dates or times attributed to it. I can't imagine (at the rate we're seeing stuff) that I'll have something before the last week of July that's even a good 1st pass.

Trust me, I'm as anxious as anyone to get something out there. Just so we know...something!

Stay tuned is all I can ask.

Reaction score
Thanks Jay. I appreciate your response and completely understand where you're coming from. I'll watch for it.

Reaction score
The survival guide is very helpful. I found useful tips in the first 10 seconds. Although I'm excited for my first Celebration, like DarthDuck415, I'm a little overwhelmed (but only a little).

Reaction score
Maybe this is a sign of "Some-Timers Disease" but I've been packing and repacking as new stuff is being announced. But I'm at a level of mid-anxiety on the excitement side, if that makes any sense.
I am so ready for this!

Reaction score
Just keep busy and the time will fly, and before you know it we will all be heading down to the convention. Sometimes you just can't think about it. Its kind of hard since most of us jump on the boards to post about it.

Reaction score
CloneTrooper10,
So true, so true!
It's kinda nice to know that others feel the way that I do. It heightens the excitement just a notch.
The Survival Guide will be a plus for sure.

Reaction score
We'll make it through. Just hope you are not one of those looking for a room because of the 1800 site went bankrupt. I'm glad I live here in Chicago and got Peak for my reservations. I really feel bad for all those people.

Reaction score
clonetrooper10 said:
We'll make it through. Just hope you are not one of those looking for a room because of the 1800 site went bankrupt. I'm glad I live here in Chicago and got Peak for my reservations. I really feel bad for all those people.
Yes, I agree. So sad.
I booked my hotel reservations back in December at The Hyatt Place Orlando Convention Center. Complimentary breakfast, larger rooms and fresh hand made sandwiches for purchase from early morning to late at night.
Although I didn't get the "CV Con Rate", I still got a real good discount being a frequent guest. No fuss, no must.
Having a piece of mind is my "Survival" therapy!

Reaction score
Jay - have you posted the PDF yet? I'm heading down Monday and wanted to download and convert for the Kindle before I go.

Jovial_Jay

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
BradAdams said:
Jay - have you posted the PDF yet? I'm heading down Monday and wanted to download and convert for the Kindle before I go.
Brad, the PDFs are planning to go up on Monday AM. Will that give you enough time?

Jovial_Jay

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
THE DAY IS ALMOST HERE!

Just wanted to let everyone know that we've updated our Rebelscum Celebration V Survival Guide with PDF's (specially designed for mobile devices).

You can find these downloads at our Guide page - http://rebelscum.com/prec5.asp

There's a PDF for the Artists, Exclusives, Vendors, and two versions of the Schedule (one by Date & Time and the other by Date & Location)! [ps this was the schedule that was released as the iPhone exclusive for the ForceCast app over the weekend]

I'm sure there will be at least one more update of the Schedule before Wednesday, so book mark this page.

Hope you guys enjoy these!

--Jay