Official LEGO Ideas Thread

Reaction score
This month's latest haul - a selection of the LEGO Star Wars mags from the UK, a LEGO brand store employee minifig and some caveman set.

Nice, I'm totally torn on that Flintstones set.

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Nice, I'm totally torn on that Flintstones set.
It's pretty nice. From an adult perspective, it's a great display set. Not sure if kids would get much play out of it - even if they know what The Flintstones are.

I did a review/recap on it at CoolToyReview.com if you want some more.

Reaction score
It's pretty nice. From an adult perspective, it's a great display set. Not sure if kids would get much play out of it - even if they know what The Flintstones are.

I did a review/recap on it at CoolToyReview.com if you want some more.
I just wish Betty wasn't the Rosie O'Donnel version and wish they would have included Dino, Bam Bam, and Pebbles.

Reaction score
I just wish Betty wasn't the Rosie O'Donnel version and wish they would have included Dino, Bam Bam, and Pebbles.
This set just looks ‘not quite finished’. And they are SOOOO close to that. Dino and the kids would have completed it. One other thing that I don’t like is why is Barney the same size as Fred? They should have used the shorter legs. He just looks wrong.

Reaction score
Rumor is that the Steamboat Willie set will be getting released April 1st.

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
There are leaked pics of the set getting posted on FB.

Reaction score
The fact that it's Disney will probably trump everything, but I am curious to see how a B&W set sells. The set looks good from the picture I saw, but in truth, this set doesn't do all that much for me, and I'm really looking forward to that Treehouse set later this year.

Reaction score
I'm SUPER happy with how Steamboat Willie turned out. It's much better than the Ideas concept model. An absolute must-buy for this Disney fan!

Reaction score
I am pretty much out of collecting but this is a must have for me. Just waiting to hear about release date and price. I heard a rumor it will be available to VIP's before April 1

Reaction score
$89.99 USD, available April 1st (no word yet on an early release for VIPs).

That's a bit of a steep price tag for the piece count, but I'm style hyped for this set!

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It's just been passed on to LEGO that The Flinstones and SteamboatWilly are both numbered LEGO Ideas #24.

Oops

Reaction score
I mean everyone's ppc count is 10 cents and this one comes in just right under 12 cents so it's not that big of a markup but considering its a licensed Ideas set its not that unexpected.
In any case I'll be picking it up since I am sitting on about $50 in VIP points and I'll actually be in Disneyland on the 1st
Doesn't sound like there's going to be early VIP access for this one

Last edited:

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Treehouse is next, then Friends Central Perk. Leaked pics are floating around.

If you find pics please feel free to discuss. Just don't post them.

Last edited:

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
That Fizzgig is awesome!

But it won't let me vote :(

Reaction score
Supported!

In my mind, The Dark Crystal would be a great extension of the licensing partnership between LEGO and Netflix.

GNT

Reaction score
Have picked up the Steamboat and treehouse to build, amazing looking sets.