Official EBay bidders that win and don't pay list!!!

Reaction score
So I searched for a thread that has a list of EBayers that would bid and win and then not pay but could not find a thread so I figured I would start one. This way we can all keep an eye out for these types of people and have one place to go when this happens. Mods if I made a thread in error please let me know and lock the thread.

If not....let's get the ball rolling and hang them out to dry. :mad:

First person I have on my list is,

warrior13thtk won the auction and never responded to any pms nor invoices that were sent. Auction ended on Jun 24th case closed Jul 3rd 2012 EBay credit.

Reaction score
on the river in Arizona, Paradise as I like to cal
Ok I'll play I put a marvel legends Deadpool figure up for auction back near easter reached a whopping $102.00 dollars man was I happy, but wouldn't you know it the winning bidder had zero feedback...

Ebay name Soldiermedic.. never replied to emails never heard a peep.. finally got the dispute settled and relisted item.. made me real mad, fist and only time in 10 years on ebay but first time a zero feedback won an auction but I gave it the benefit of the doubt everyone has to start at a zero feedback even I did.. but now I dont want anyone with less than ten feedback bidding on anything of mine without contacting me first

Reaction score
A list of none payers. Well I have about 200. I just come to accept none payers.

Also, I sold a coleco catalog from the 80's for $669 this week on ebay, and I was "No Way", "They wont pay"....then bam, payment recieved. I knew there was a reason I love Ebay

Reaction score
Good idea for a thread, but maybe you should also include in this, sellers who dont honour the sale after the auction was won. This happened to me quite recentlly, seller gave every excuse in the book, truth was he never shipped it.
Call it, Buyers who dont pay and sellers who dont honour sale.

Reaction score
Good idea for a thread, but maybe you should also include in this, sellers who dont honour the sale after the auction was won. This happened to me quite recentlly, seller gave every excuse in the book, truth was he never shipped it.

I generally do not like nor approve of threads like this, because you just never know what it going on in that other person's life. For all you know, they were bidding on your auction from an iphone while driving, won the listing and were so excited, they had a car accident!!! lol

You are not there, and you do not know what the reason is behind it if you never hear from the person. Your sale is technically not complete until they pay anyhow- you know what they say, "don't count your chickens".

It's all fine to keep track of those who do not follow through in case a pattern of bad behavior emerges, but this should be done confidentially (hence, reporting sellers for non-performance, or the blocked bidder list, and UPI strike).

You really just do not need to make a public list here.

In my experience as a seller, I sold a giant antique library table years ago, and she did at first respond that she wanted it delivered to NYC and would send a check, yada yada. Everything seemed fine. I never received the check, the delivery date passed with no word from her. I e-mailed many, many times with no response, so I got all bent out of shape, tracked down her phone #, called her, and a family member answered the phone to tell me she had passed away!

And on one of my other venues recently, I had a "customer" get all bent out of shape with me for not responding within 2 days. I'm actually getting rude, nasty hate mail from this person. But the thing is, I only occasionally go to that site, I don't check it daily nor do I have any policy of responding in their message system daily, I only sell things there once in a blue moon. AND- this is the kicker right here- she didn't buy anything! nor is she planning to. The whole exchange was simply sharing pics back & forth of a rare (non-star wars) toy that she happened to have. We were just chatting, she only contacted me because I was the only other person online advertising an identical example. She's not even really a customer, yet she was so mad at me for not writing her back immediately that she closed her account and left the site. A real whack-job.

Now what is to stop a crazy woman like that from posting me as a seller here, simply because I wasn't as interested in being her penpal as she obviously expected [demanded] me to be?

So that's why this thread is a terrible idea (and will probably lead to nothing more than people venting). No offense, just IMO.

Reaction score
Dan,
I give a person every chance to fix the issue and respond back to me. I fully understand things happen but sometimes people are spiteful and do this shady crap because they can. I at least balance the excuse when one is offered but, so far I have not even heard an excuse from the person that did not pay. They had zero feedback and from what their account says....they did the same thing to 5 other people. They did not pay nor did they respond after winning. I am sure others have dealt with this problem and I would suggest to block the buyer if they can't respond nor pay for the item. I think this thread is a great idea! I don't want to deal with people who will not pay and this turns into wasting my time and I am sure others share the same feelings on this subject.

Reaction score
Not bad, my biggest pet peeve is buyers who leave unwarranted negative feedback.

Thread should be called

Buyers who dont pay and sellers who dont honour sale and also buyers who leave unwarranted feedback.

Reaction score
I generally do not like nor approve of threads like this, because you just never know what it going on in that other person's life. For all you know, they were bidding on your auction from an iphone while driving, won the listing and were so excited, they had a car accident!!! lol
Beyond that, it seems like it would be a waste of time to try and preemptively block all of the non-paying bidders that people have encountered.

Reaction score
These threads are always good for venting and that's about it. There are just to many people on EBay and it's far too easy to just create a new ID for something like this to ever be effective.

Reaction score
These threads are always good for venting and that's about it. There are just to many people on EBay and it's far too easy to just create a new ID for something like this to ever be effective.
True, but man is it nice to vent and at least you called them out by name so it makes you feel like you got them back somehow.

Reaction score
Not really. Don't you need a credit card to make an account?????

Reaction score
It happened twice recently.It is so sad and angry because as a seller,I can't do anything.I want to leave negative feedback or some comments to let other sellers know beware those buyers.All I can do is block them:mad:

Reaction score
It happened twice recently.It is so sad and angry because as a seller,I can't do anything.I want to leave negative feedback or some comments to let other sellers know beware those buyers.All I can do is block them:mad:
That is why I started this thread. Post the person so I can add them to my eBay list. Please. Such a shame.

Reaction score
Non paying bidders have been really irratating lately. I have had three in the last three weeks. I believe that one of them has a habit of doing this and that is their sole purpose on ebay, to cause grief for others.

Reaction score
Non paying bidders have been really irratating lately. I have had three in the last three weeks. I believe that one of them has a habit of doing this and that is their sole purpose on ebay, to cause grief for others.
Once again....why don't you post their user ID? ")

Last edited:
Reaction score
I know that Ebay doesn't allow Negs from sellers because of several good reasons BUT they should allow negatives that "fit" certain criteria like they do for other things. If a buyer has zero contact after purchasing an item, goes through all the process with zero response from buyer, the Seller should then be allowed to leave negative feedback. If buyers would just simply message us sellers "sorry I am not interested in it anymore, or bought another item" or the usual excuse "sorry I purchased it by accident clicking the purchase AND the are you sure buttons". That would help out tremendously. Then we can relist it and sell it right away. Having to wait for the whole process to resolve then relisting it takes a long time for us sellers that want to move stuff quick.

Reaction score
Ohh thanks to God my Id is not here, jejeje,sorry, jejeje, this is my first time selling on ebay so i hope dont add more non paying users

Reaction score
It happened to me again:mad:

It wasn't about star wars.PM me if you want the ebay id.

Reaction score
I have to raise object to this thread again.
[CAUTION: POTENTIAL RANT :grin: ]

I find it commonplace that buyers do not respond or take checkout seriously when it doesn't work properly, and it seems to me that a lot of you are jumping to conclusions and not taking this possibility into account. Ebay checkout is highly dysfunctional, full of glitches, and the popularity of new technology such as ebay's mobile app for iphone is skyrocketing, which causes additional problems.

We had two buyers on my mom's ebay account in just the last week who did not pay, did not communicate there was a problem until a dispute was filed and/or they were prompted and asked, and who both reported not being able to complete checkout on a smart phone due to ebay technical difficulties.

How can you unilaterally hold buyers accountable for this and black list them this way? This is not right.

Clearly the kind of customer who is using a smart phone to shop on ebay most likely has money to spend, is probably a busy working professional who can't be expected to go to great extra lengths just to pay for an ebay auction.

I also frequently shop on ebay using the mobile app on my smart phone, so I have seen first hand the glitches and checkout difficulty. Only paypal seems to be supported on ebay mobile, and there is still a tiny segment of professional businesses using merchant creditcard account payment options. Whether alongside paypal as a secondary option or independently without offering paypal, this tends to throw a wrench in the mobile app's gears and prevent anyone from completing checkout. I have seen this both on buying and selling ends.

When I message sellers on my mobile with ebay app, it is extremely difficult to get a really full message into the phone. My voice recognition only works half the time, frequently does not register what I say or misinterprets it, causing me to have to micro-edit my messages and repeat myself. It is indeed a 3-ring circus having to explain anything complicated to sellers, many of whom have no clue how the ebay system works and its pitfalls.

And the other half of the time it says 'sending message' until the theoretically sent message disappears as if it has gone through. Checking the sent message folder however you may well discover your message to the seller simply disappeared and was never actually sent. In other words, the phone sent it, and ebay never got it. It disappeared in cyber-cell-phone space and never gave you any error message to tell you so. It can be difficult and frustrating. If you think your buyer is just going to hop-to and bend over backward to deal with these things just to buy your toy on ebay, you are expecting too much.

I have had cases where I simply gave up, did not pay, did not contact the seller (despite a couple of tries) and went on with my routine (more important) day to day business. I can only devote so much time and trouble to a single ebay purchase on my cell phone.

Last I would like to point out that often when my phone is on any kind of roam setting, even those roaming areas included in my provider's billing plan for which I am not charged, ebay frequently interprets my location as a foreign country. It specifically tells me I cannot checkout at all because I am "registered in a country" where ebay mobile checkout is not supported. Of course that is hogwash, but that's what happens, frequently and without warning.

Checkout from users in foreign countries is not supported by ebay mobile, wheter you are registered there or you are visiting there and using your phone there to shop. And ebay seems to think any digital roaming area is a "foreign country". Really wise, ebay! :rolleyes: There is no warning about this at all, and no help if it happens. You may not ever know or see this until after you have won the bid, because up until the minute you try to pay everything else works perfectly. You can easily watch the item down to the last second and snipe it, and only then will ebay tell you that you are currently located overseas in some foreign roaming area, so they won't let you checkout now.

You can easily bid and win and then suddenly find yourself faced with an error message that prevents you from paying once the listing has ended.

So, I reiterate, you all should be careful when labeling non-payers. There may be very good reason for it aside from the obvious that the person may have died, been in some accident, suddenly changed their minds, actually traveled to a foreign country, etc. It could very well be ebay itself preventing you from getting paid, and what level-headed, well-adjusted person is going to take the purchase seriously when the website itself is keeping them from fulfilling their obligation? Think about it. Get over it.

Reaction score
Ok, Here you go: vulcool23, ghoulsandgoblins842012, and cptam67
What! I have a case open on cptam67 also! Double whammy. He doesn't have any negative feedback and I was reluctant to leave negative feedback thinking something may have happened to this person.

Edit: Guess Sellers can't leave neg feeback anymore...

Last edited:
Reaction score
What! I have a case open on cptam67 also! Double whammy. He doesn't have any negative feedback and I was reluctant to leave negative feedback thinking something may have happened to this person.

Edit: Guess Sellers can't leave neg feeback anymore...

You can just leave him negative feedback in the positive section.

Please put delta 632 in your section. He bid on over 35 auctions in two weeks and paid nobody. EBay even sent out a notice about this person. Be aware.

Reaction score
I would have to agree with Starwarsdan on this one. On top of what he said in this climate of negative feedback affecting selling on Ebay so much why would you ever want to essentially force someone to buy something they don't want. Seems like a good way to get a negative whether it's justified or not.

Reaction score
starwarsdan,

I appreciate your comments, but bottom line is this - bidding on an item is a legally binding contract. And you have access to a winning bidder's email. If the guy can use ebay to bid, he can use ebay to communicate with a seller. If there are legit problems, I think most people here can be understanding, but when winners don't communicate AT ALL, there is a problem. I recently had someone win a pricier auction who had 100% feedback, and was a power seller with thousands of feedback. No communication, and no response to messages. When I finally said ebay will open a dispute on them and they'd get a NPB strike automatically, they 'suddenly' replied, and said they were no longer interested and to please cancel the sale. This was no accident - they were purposely hoping I'd go away and not pursue it. 100% my *** - they probably do this a lot when buying, with no fear of seller feedback since ebay doesn't allow it. As long as they're good with their own buyers, their feedback will not change.......

Ian

Reaction score
starwarsdan,

I appreciate your comments, but bottom line is this - bidding on an item is a legally binding contract. And you have access to a winning bidder's email. If the guy can use ebay to bid, he can use ebay to communicate with a seller. If there are legit problems, I think most people here can be understanding, but when winners don't communicate AT ALL, there is a problem. I recently had someone win a pricier auction who had 100% feedback, and was a power seller with thousands of feedback. No communication, and no response to messages. When I finally said ebay will open a dispute on them and they'd get a NPB strike automatically, they 'suddenly' replied, and said they were no longer interested and to please cancel the sale. This was no accident - they were purposely hoping I'd go away and not pursue it. 100% my *** - they probably do this a lot when buying, with no fear of seller feedback since ebay doesn't allow it. As long as they're good with their own buyers, their feedback will not change.......

Ian

I agree 100% with this and it is exactly right. You don't just wake up one day and feel like you want to bid. Most of the time the buyer hunts down an item, picks it out and bids. Easy as pie.

Ian what ever happened with this bidder? Did they ever get ahold of you? What was the item they bid on if you don't mind me asking?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ok so here is one that certainly deserves to be on this list:
unitedfederationofplanetshobbyshop

He changes his user id regularly so I don't know how much that will help, check out his feedback. I just got this message concerning payment:
Or if you can hold onto it for me until August 25, 2012 for me to win the bid and Call us 800-454-9272 or Fax us 866-468-6268 or ask for Ameritrade or TD Ameritrade and you
can have as much money as you want because I authorized them to do so the login is :*********
Password: *********
My email for this account is: **********************
And take some money from my stock. Also, if you would like for me to send you some stocks and bonds, mostly bonds and international savings bonds from MSFT,
which is Microsoft the computer company, I can do that too. Just send me your address and I'll send you 20 bonds. It's on special savings bonds paper with special ink.
If you want to do that and hold out for these things until the August 25, 2012 when I will pay you or you can just send them to me however you feel is appropriate as how
much payment you want then you can decide. Make sure to send what I order to my address only. There are a lot of guys living in my house

Reaction score
Another horrible Ebay Buyer!!!

Everybody please look at this. It is very important!!!!!:mad:

This bidder has uses multiple aliases to bid on Joes, robots, transformers and SW. He has no intent to pay and I have dealt with him twice on the same item. I know others have dealt with him it just takes people to call into eBay. If you have dealt with him please call into eBay and make a complaint. Here are the user IDs that I know he has used. The aliases I know of are alpha1572, alpha1742, brainstormkl, delta492, delta872, delta894, delta1342, delta1784, delta1794, delta3642, delta682, delta8642, delta892, delta921, epsilon138, epsilon26, ranger367. I suggest looking into any bids that you receive from these accounts & consider adding them to your Blocked Buyers list so that he can't ruin your auctions the way he has done to myself & MANY other sellers.

Reaction score
I agree 100% with this and it is exactly right. You don't just wake up one day and feel like you want to bid. Most of the time the buyer hunts down an item, picks it out and bids. Easy as pie.

Ian what ever happened with this bidder? Did they ever get ahold of you? What was the item they bid on if you don't mind me asking?

Actually, no, that is not true.
It's not a legally binding contract until you pay the bill, and even then the buyer may have a right under particular circumstances to void the contract and cancel the sale. Sellers should not assume that the buyer can be forced to pay under any and all circumstances. Many states give buyers what is called statutory cancellation rights, some of them without reason. That means that depending on the laws of the state in which the buyer lives, ebay buyers may be able to cancel their bid and void the contract just by putting in writing to the seller, and without any reason at all. All the more reason this attitude needs to change. It flies in the face of consumer law.

Reaction score
WOW, does that ever sound like a scam and a half!! :wtf:

I can't even figure out exactly what this guy is asking you to do... That is one ebay buyer I would add to my block list, I'll give you that.

Ok so here is one that certainly deserves to be on this list:
unitedfederationofplanetshobbyshop

He changes his user id regularly so I don't know how much that will help, check out his feedback. I just got this message concerning payment:
Or if you can hold onto it for me until August 25, 2012 for me to win the bid and Call us 800-454-9272 or Fax us 866-468-6268 or ask for Ameritrade or TD Ameritrade and you
can have as much money as you want because I authorized them to do so the login is :*********
Password: *********
My email for this account is: **********************
And take some money from my stock. Also, if you would like for me to send you some stocks and bonds, mostly bonds and international savings bonds from MSFT,
which is Microsoft the computer company, I can do that too. Just send me your address and I'll send you 20 bonds. It's on special savings bonds paper with special ink.
If you want to do that and hold out for these things until the August 25, 2012 when I will pay you or you can just send them to me however you feel is appropriate as how
much payment you want then you can decide. Make sure to send what I order to my address only. There are a lot of guys living in my house

Reaction score
Actually, no, that is not true.
It's not a legally binding contract until you pay the bill, and even then the buyer may have a right under particular circumstances to void the contract and cancel the sale. Sellers should not assume that the buyer can be forced to pay under any and all circumstances. Many states give buyers what is called statutory cancellation rights, some of them without reason. That means that depending on the laws of the state in which the buyer lives, ebay buyers may be able to cancel their bid and void the contract just by putting in writing to the seller, and without any reason at all. All the more reason this attitude needs to change. It flies in the face of consumer law.
With due respect Dan, ebay covers this well. It's not an 'attitude' but part of the Terms Of Service you agree to when you create your account, and there are several links that back it up:

source
I won an item but no longer want to buy it. What should I do?

A bid or commitment to buy on eBay is considered a contract and you're obligated to purchase the item.
source
[h=3]Rules about bidding and paying[/h]
You must pay for any item you buy.
Many of the items on eBay are sold in an auction-style format where you can make bids. Bidding is a lot of fun, but remember that each bid you make is a binding contract to buy the item if you win. The same is true for Buy It Now purchases. Not paying for an item after you have agreed to buy it has some negative consequences, which are explained in our unpaid item policy.
You can only bid if you really intend to buy the item, even if you're making a non-binding bid.
Non-binding bids can only be made on certain items, like real estate and vehicles, but they still mean that you are seriously interested in buying the item. The bottom line is, don't place any bid unless you mean it.
source
Retracting or canceling your bid

As a general rule, you can't retract or cancel a bid. Once you place a bid, you agree to pay for the item if you're the winning bidder.
source
[h=3]Other terms[/h] Please remember that every bid is binding, unless the item is listed in a category covered by the non-binding bid policy or the sale is prohibited by law or by our User Agreement. Bidding on multiple identical items should be done only if you intend to buy all of the items.
Your bids affect how other users bid for an item and the item's final selling price. We carefully investigate all bid retractions to determine whether they are appropriate and conform to the rules for buyers. Abuse of bid retractions can result in the suspension of your account.
You cannot retract a purchase made through a Buy It Now listing. Once you confirm your purchase, you are obligated to pay the seller.

These were just from a simple search of their policies. I'm sure they have more listed elsewhere on the subject. Considering how long ebay has been around, I'm inclined to believe that were they breaking consumer law, there would be a legal injunction against them for holding such a stance. And in any event, they can always fall back on saying that to bid, you must be a member, and these are the terms of their membership that are agreed to before membership is granted.

Ian

Reaction score
With due respect Dan, ebay covers this well. It's not an 'attitude' but part of the Terms Of Service you agree to when you create your account, and there are several links that back it up:

source

source

source

source

These were just from a simple search of their policies. I'm sure they have more listed elsewhere on the subject. Considering how long ebay has been around, I'm inclined to believe that were they breaking consumer law, there would be a legal injunction against them for holding such a stance. And in any event, they can always fall back on saying that to bid, you must be a member, and these are the terms of their membership that are agreed to before membership is granted.

Ian
Thank you Ian. I knew this was true I just didn't have the time to do the detective work.

Reaction score
on the river in Arizona, Paradise as I like to cal
I have another one to add.. this guy has a low feedback 14 or so it was 11 when he won an auction of mine.. he bid on my transformer out bid a few people too which really pisses me off, if this guy had not bid I could have sold this for a dollar less.. I have opened a case but this takes time.. his user name is Ultramagnusisawesome2.. and his feedback is now 17, he has not done this to just me, but seems to bid on and win auctions but then only pays for a few.. he has paid and completed a few acutions since he won mine but has not paid for mine or answered any of my emails.. no communication whatsoever but one other seller left him feedback ( positive ) but the comment is negative ( non paying bidder avoid ) so there ya go

avoid him