Official Craigslist Absurdity Thread

Reaction score
I don't understand the trolling myself either. It's harassment and unnecessary. This thread is intended for amusement and posting items that are junk and overpriced where we can have a laugh.

Reaction score
The cans all feature Natalie Portmans character on the can. They are open, in bad shape, and displayed in a grotey environment. The whole reason I started to troll him was not because the ad was ridiculously absurd but because he was the type to multi post incessantly and flood craigslist with his ad. My first contact with him/her was to request a cease of spam and kindly informed that person that just because something has Star Wars on it doesn't make it inherently valuable, especially since they were empty cans. I constantly flagged the listings as spam but there are ways around that. So I was like what the heck, your going to troll craigslist I'm going to troll you. Was that the mature thing to do? Obviously not but something obviously worked because I don't see the posts anymore.

Reaction score
I thought this was funny. This seller has been trying to unload these figures for the better part of a year, with no luck I presume. Today I noticed that they updated the list of figures to include three more, FX-7, R5-D4, and R2...but...instead of taking a new group photo of all the figures, they photoshopped the new figures into the old picture (first photo). Also, there are two very different Vaders being photographed. It's ads like this that make me laugh, what a mess.

And which figure is "Enoerir Stuff"?

Star wars action figures

Last edited:
Reaction score
On my local kijiji. No picture, but I assume the seller is talking about the TOPPS trading cards.

mint condition. 1977 star wars cards. 1 dollar per card will take 250 dollars for all the of them. there is 524 cards

Reaction score
I thought this was funny. This seller has been trying to unload these figures for the better part of a year, with no luck I presume. Today I noticed that they updated the list of figures to include three more, FX-7, R5-D4, and R2...but...instead of taking a new group photo of all the figures, they photoshopped the new figures into the old picture (first photo). Also, there are two very different Vaders being photographed. It's ads like this that make me laugh, what a mess.

Star wars action figures
those are some fancy photoshop skills.

Reaction score

Star wars action figures
Did you notice that Yoda got his own special name in the listing: "Voda?"

Reaction score
" Did you notice that Yoda got his own special name in the listing: "Voda?" "

Yes :)

And "Book" the Bounty Hunter sounds menacing.

Reaction score
This guy is STILL at it here in Maine. His "NEW" price is higher than his last price. Apparently the toy value website he provides a link for values his collection at over 1300.00.

44 Original Stars Wars Figures plus carry case - NEW PRICE

Did you know a loose C-3PO is valued at 40.00?? And a loose Luke Farmboy is 90? We should all bombard that toy site with REAL numbers!

Reaction score
This guy is STILL at it here in Maine. His "NEW" price is higher than his last price. Apparently the toy value website he provides a link for values his collection at over 1300.00.

Did you know a loose C-3PO is valued at 40.00?? And a loose Luke Farmboy is 90? We should all bombard that toy site with REAL numbers!
I wonder where this guy got is values from.... He must be watching way too much reality TV!

Reaction score

Thanks for posting this. I was feeling a bit glum this morning, the belly laugh helped!

Reaction score
Reaction score
Ha! That's what I get for not reading before posting, I didn't even catch that you had just posted him. Sorry about that DJ121!

You can almost "feel" it when someone has found a price guide and decided that it not only accurately reflects the market value, but that its close enough missing accessories and in lesser condition. See it all the time on ebay.

Reaction score
That is classic for a bunch of crap. Nice spelling on his add. I love that he is not selling them cheep lol what is he a bird

Reaction score
He'll be sitting on that stuff for quite a while. What he has on that table adds up to MAYBE 20 bucks. That's being generous.

Reaction score
a bit high but not crazy given that shipping is free
...and he accepted a "best offer", doesn't seem absurd to me.

and I just saw your icruise's follow up post, that it was initially listed at $100, that would be absurd.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It was $100 when I linked to it originally.
Aw, and I was hoping I had a super-valuable Rancor Keeper on my hands. :p

I long ago parted with his pet, the only SW figure I've ever given up. I thought I'd also relinquished the Emperor, but it turns out he was still sharing the bin with all his other vintage friends. I recently re-appropriated my collection from my dad, who had been holding on to it since I was a kid; I think for a long time he was more attached to the notion that these would be worth a lot of money than the figures themselves. But, perhaps he has accepted that this is not so; I, however, just wanted my stuff.

Reaction score
Craigslist scalpers crack me up. I remember when the Zhu Zhu Pets were a huge thing. So many people ended up getting stuck with them, and I would watch the prices go down and down and down as they got desperate to unload the crap they hoarded.

Star Wars kylo ren, captain phasma, luke skywalker, & tiefighter pilot
That scalpers getting off easy compared to the ones stuck with the BB-8s, you can find these everywhere (150 free expedited ship on bestbuy, 149 on Apple free ship, as low as 139 bin on Ebay)

Star Wars BB-8 by Sphero | App-enabled Droid - NIB

Last edited:
Reaction score
Time to share a recent exchange with a seller on good ol' Craig's list. The seller has an add posted with 13 images, which I'll post the link below. But to save time, I sent him a message about the stuff in these two pics.

He replied with a total of $350.00 for the weapons lot and parts box. :wtf:? He also said that the Leia blaster and one Imperial blaster were gone.

Am I THAT out of touch with vintage prices? I have yet to reply, and can't honestly see myself doing so. Here's the link to the listing.... The strangest item is what appears to be a custom TIE Bomber. Which looks pretty cool, but I'm sure he will want almost as much for that as he does for what I asked him about.

https://maine.craigslist.org/clt/d/vintage-star-wars/6308147081.html

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ah, that guy, lol.

I almost inquired about the tote full of cups and stickers and whatnot.