Official Craigslist Absurdity Thread

Reaction score
I'm always tempted to respond to those ads and point out how ridiculous they are.
I'm sure he'd just find some asinine way to justify his absurd prices. Who in their right mind would offer more than asking price, let alone $50 more then what "they usually sell for"? His supposed prices seem unbelievably high as well. It sounds like he may not be entirely stable....

Last edited:
Reaction score
While his asking price is a little extreme I'm more surprised that there are actually a few on ebay with bids of over $250 already. New in box of course.
Any wise person could pick on up at a show or wait until the inevitable 2015 re-release.

Reaction score
I'm sure he'd just find some asinine way to justify his absurd prices. Who in their right mind would offer more than asking price, let alone $50 more then what "they usually sell for"? His supposed prices seem unbelievably high as well. It sounds like he may not be entirely stable....
Not entirely stable? Chewie, take the professor out back and plug him into the hyperdive!

Bwwaaaaa Haaaaa Haaaa! Wow. :wtf: He needs to kick a decimal point over about four spots to the left.

Reaction score
So I email this guy over three weeks ago asking if he still has the Biker Scout Blaster and what he's asking. This was my favorite Star Wars blaster when I was little by far. Going by ebay and looking at ones in similar condition I"m thinking around $75-$100. This guy finally responds today and tells me he's wants $295....and I'll have to drive an hour to pick it up. Really? Why don't we just make it an even $300 why were at it. BTW, the Biker Scout blaster is the only thing he hasn't been able to sell yet.
Storage Unit Find Original Vintage Star Wars Figures Weapons & Vehicle

Last edited:
Reaction score
Typical. I love when they try and get 2-3 times what an item is going for.

Reaction score
Saw a Biker Scout Blaster MIB at the Philly Comicon this weekend for $50. Box was a bit beat up, but not too shabby. It's my favorite blaster by far, but I had already spent too much on other stuff so I passed. BTW, what blaster is the Luke Jedi holding in that Picture from the storage lot find? Looks pretty metallic or silver.

http://images.craigslist.org/00909_gC5lp03v0qU_600x450.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Saw a Biker Scout Blaster MIB at the Philly Comicon this weekend for $50. Box was a bit beat up, but not too shabby. It's my favorite blaster by far, but I had already spent too much on other stuff so I passed. BTW, what blaster is the Luke Jedi holding in that Picture from the storage lot find? Looks pretty metallic or silver.

I didn't even notice the blaster he was holding in the picture.

I was there on Saturday. I didn't see the Biker Scout blaster and I did about three passes of the floor looking for vintage stuff. All I saw was a guy that had mostly comics but had about 10 ROTJ MOCs, and a guy that had an Imperial Shuttle and the Sears Jabba's Dungeon. Kind of disappointed. If I had seen that blaster I definitely would of picked it up though.

Reaction score
I replied to the email about the Biker Scout blaster and told him if he has trouble selling it and decides to lower the price to let me know. He replied and told me the lowest he would go is $245. Looks like he'll have it for a while.

Reaction score
Where did he find his reference material? I don't even think a sealed MIB Vintage figure sells for anywhere near the 2000.00 mark, does it?

Reaction score

It looks to me like 2-1B's staff.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Fake Figures Update

Thanks for the warning.

FAKE STAR WARS FIGURES
So the guy that was selling these lives south of Houston in Pearland. He is a bit of a hot head. Here is the email chain that is worth a read. The best part of it all is that he posted all of his contact information on CL... Name, phone number, etc. He is a former (and not very good, in my opinion) pro wrestler.

Me to him (and only him):
Hi,
Just to let you know, this is a re-carded figure. Bubble is off set, footer inside the bubble is not correct (too thick), on the backside, the silver lines are crooked. Please note this on the card, along with your other posts or I will report this to craigslist & post an ad that says the same… unless of course you can get an organization such as CIB or AFA to verify this.
Thanks
John

His response:
1. Who the f*** do you think you are???? Posting s*** you haven't even seen yet in person!!!! You don't know s***, who makes you the expert!! It is none of your business who sells what or to whom, unless you have first hand knowledge of where these come from this is slander and you can be sued for making statements like that!! Retract your posts or you will have trouble pal!! I don't know what the f*** your talking about!!
(He did not put '*' in his response)
2. He posted my full legal name on craigslist & said that I was a bitter old man & full of S***.

My response to that:
Hi Rick,

I have seen the slanderous message that you have posted on Craigslist. I am, by law, making an official request that you pull this posting. Craigslist has already been notified, my lawyer has already been notified. You have accused me of slander. If you read the section below, it says that slander is malicious in nature. My email to you was not slanderous, nor malicious. It was intended to be informative. Regarding the postings: I did not post anything, but I do know who did. They apologized to me for the repercussions that came from it. And I have no idea what you are talking about when you mention ‘Texas City’…

Should the craigslist message not be pulled, I have been advised that the following criminal charges could be brought up at my choosing: Harassment (based on the email you have already sent), Terroristic Threat (also based on the email you have already sent). The following civil charges have also been informed to me that they are available: Libel (based on the Craiglist posting- see screenshot below).

Lastly, if there are any repercussions from this statement, not only will there be a restraining order presented to you, but I have been told that additional charges could be presented to you. I have included the Texas penal code sections for your reference.
(I posted the penal codes, but wont put them in here due to size & sleepy effect)

His response:

Fine I am sorry and I will pull if it wasn't you. Tell your friend he needs to mind his own business and none of this would ever have happened!!!

Reaction score
My first post in this thread was about some crusty open episode I Pepsi cans some redneck was trying to sell for $50. Every time he listed it I trolled him until finally he stopped listing it. Its been months since that time and I recently decided to expand the area of my craigslist searches and stumbled upon this atrocious ad once again. Needless to say I trolled him immediately ;)

Reaction score
My first post in this thread was about some crusty open episode I Pepsi cans some redneck was trying to sell for $50. Every time he listed it I trolled him until finally he stopped listing it. Its been months since that time and I recently decided to expand the area of my craigslist searches and stumbled upon this atrocious ad once again. Needless to say I trolled him immediately ;)
Hey, maybe there's a market for those things!

Pepsi’s 1999 Star Wars Episode I collector cans | Cavalcade of Awesome

Did he have any gold Yodas?

Reaction score
why bother to troll him? he is doing no harm to you or anyone else by putting crazy prices on a can he thinks is worth money. he's only harming himself by wasting his time.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Whats sad is that if it is the 24 can plus gold yoda, he is asking 2bucks a can... which is now close to the cost of a regular can at some convenience stores.

Reaction score
why bother to troll him? he is doing no harm to you or anyone else by putting crazy prices on a can he thinks is worth money. he's only harming himself by wasting his time.
The way I see it, he HAS been saving these cans (I assume) this whole time, and taking care of them (some what, lol), and made the effort to list and photograph them. He wants what he wants for them. Craigslist is full of junk like this.

Reaction score
Maybe waste your time trolling somebody thats done something wrong or pulling a rort, they seller has every right to sell his cans for 50 bones, good luck to him, its only 50 bucks, hardly robbing anybody if he thinks they are worth that, ive seen SW food packages go for hundreds, let the poor bloke sell his cans, cheers

Reaction score
Whats sad is that if it is the 24 can plus gold yoda, he is asking 2bucks a can... which is now close to the cost of a regular can at some convenience stores.
How is that 'sad' he has kept them for years thinking they might be worth something and he has only listed them for what he paid for them, theres some hard markers around here..