(Off topic?) Kren Blista Vanee actor?

Reaction score
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Kren_Blista-Vanee

I have heard claims that he is played be A Tommy Graham but am not sure. I am not sure if he is dead, alive or how many movies he played in. If you know anything I would be happy to hear!

Wow, this is a serious deep cut. I remember them coming out with figures for these guys toward the end of the original toy run. That's how you could tell they were nearing the end. Not sure whether or not this guy had a figure.

Reaction score
The original Imperial Dignitary in the original Power of the Force line was probably the biggest peg-warmer in the history of Star Wars. It's likely the only reason why they haven't made a modern version, because technically speaking the two modern Imperial Dignitaries Hasbro made in the SAGA line are different characters from the original Imperial Dignitary. If I recall correct, there actually are quite a few of these guys.

Reaction score
The original Imperial Dignitary in the original Power of the Force line was probably the biggest peg-warmer in the history of Star Wars. It's likely the only reason why they haven't made a modern version, because technically speaking the two modern Imperial Dignitaries Hasbro made in the SAGA line are different characters from the original Imperial Dignitary. If I recall correct, there actually are quite a few of these guys.

There appear to be as many as six following the Emperor and Vader in the wide shot of the hangar when Palpatine arrives on Death Star 2 in ROTJ. We don't get a good look at three of these figures, including Kren Blista Vanee, in the film. One with a high headpiece can be seen behind the Emperor on the ramp of the shuttle, and two more are later seen in the throne room close up. It kind of reminds me of Dengar having a figure despite only being seen from afar in EMPIRE.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Actually on closer inspection you do for a split second see the head of Kren Blista Vanee behind the Emperor on the ramp of the shuttle, right before Palpatine says, "Rise, my friend."

Last edited:
Reaction score
As a kid, these guys were always kind of baffling to me. What are they? What really is their role in...I assume it would be legislation? Politics? I'm sure the expanded universe has given them more depth that I'm not really aware of, but they always appeared to be very much like Palpatine himself. I mean, you have to remember, back in 1983, the Emperor was just known as the Emperor, he wasn't Darth Sidious until 1999, Darth wasn't (so far as I recall) a Sith lords title until 1999 with TPM as well. We didn't really know he was a Sith. The terms Sith, Palpatine, and Sidious are never said in ROTJ. It was added to context later. So as a kid, I always sort of assume these weird old dudes who looked like the Emperor could also shoot magical lightening from their finger tips. Hah.

Reaction score
As a kid, these guys were always kind of baffling to me. What are they? What really is their role in...I assume it would be legislation? Politics? I'm sure the expanded universe has given them more depth that I'm not really aware of, but they always appeared to be very much like Palpatine himself. I mean, you have to remember, back in 1983, the Emperor was just known as the Emperor, he wasn't Darth Sidious until 1999, Darth wasn't (so far as I recall) a Sith lords title until 1999 with TPM as well. We didn't really know he was a Sith. The terms Sith, Palpatine, and Sidious are never said in ROTJ. It was added to context later. So as a kid, I always sort of assume these weird old dudes who looked like the Emperor could also shoot magical lightening from their finger tips. Hah.

Yeah, the word "Sith" is never used in the original trilogy but I believe it had been created by Lucas at some point during the OT. I believe an early draft of one of the films uses the term. "Darth" was almost certainly supposed to be Vader's first name, at least in the first film, as Obi-Wan says to him, "Only a master of evil, Darth." It very much seems like he's using it as Vader's first name.

This bit of stage direction from Emperor's arrival on Death Star 2 from the screenplay shows something we don't see regarding the dignitaries in the film. "Vader rises and falls in next to the Emperor as he slowly makes his way along the rows of troops. Jerjerrod and the other commanders stay kneeling until the Supreme Ruler and Vader, followed by several Imperials dignitaries, pass by; only then do they join in the procession."

Reaction score
Yeah, the word "Sith" is never used in the original trilogy but I believe it had been created by Lucas at some point during the OT. I believe an early draft of one of the films uses the term. "Darth" was almost certainly supposed to be Vader's first name, at least in the first film, as Obi-Wan says to him, "Only a master of evil, Darth." It very much seems like he's using it as Vader's first name.

This bit of stage direction from Emperor's arrival on Death Star 2 from the screenplay shows something we don't see regarding the dignitaries in the film. "Vader rises and falls in next to the Emperor as he slowly makes his way along the rows of troops. Jerjerrod and the other commanders stay kneeling until the Supreme Ruler and Vader, followed by several Imperials dignitaries, pass by; only then do they join in the procession."

Yeah you're right, the term Sith has a pretty interesting history in and of itself. While it's never stated once in the Original Trilogy, I want to say the first mention of the term was in a sort of press pamphlet given to the media seeing Star Wars (before subtitled A New Hope) and in there it gives some character profiles and descriptions. I guess the intention was to inform the press of this world they're about to enter into just to avoid some confusion. But I believe in the description of Darth Vader, it mentions he's a "Lord of the Sith," but I want to say that's the only time it's ever used until much later. So basically, back then if you knew the term "Sith," it was a pretty deep cut and proved you're pretty hardcore. But even if you knew the word, you didn't really know what a "Sith" was back then. You could just assume, since tied to Vader, likely something bad. And I def. agree, "Darth" was originally his name and not a title held for Sith Lords.

I want to know where the first true reference of the Emperor being named Palpatine comes from, because it's not in the film. Maybe the credits? Nope! Just went back and watch and from what I saw, it only says "The Emperor," nothing more. So where does this come from? Because even before the Prequels, I remember calling him Emperor Palpatine. Was it in the original script, just never stated in dialogue? Was it something the Expanded Universe writers came up with and George just kept?

Reaction score
Palpatine's name is in the prologue of the Star Wars novelization (1976).

Wow, that early, huh? I definitely knew the name Palpatine long before the prequel trilogy but did notice in studying the ROTJ screenplay that he is never referred to by that name. I had a feeling it must have been around for some time. Does anyone know when "Sheev" became canon?

Reaction score
this has gone way off topic. Well, do we have any proof in relation to Tommy Graham? I can't even find an image of him online

Reaction score
this has gone way off topic. Well, do we have any proof in relation to Tommy Graham? I can't even find an image of him online

All I can find is likely the source of the original post: https://star-wars-canon.fandom.com/wiki/Tommy_Graham

I'm not sure where that entry got its information. It is worth noting when searching for this kind of information that the character did not have that name until relatively recently so searching "Tommy Graham" with other terms like "dignitary" or "extra" might be helpful.

Reaction score
All I can find is likely the source of the original post: https://star-wars-canon.fandom.com/wiki/Tommy_Graham

I'm not sure where that entry got its information. It is worth noting when searching for this kind of information that the character did not have that name until relatively recently so searching "Tommy Graham" with other terms like "dignitary" or "extra" might be helpful.

I have tried that, and sadly I haven't got any result's. Perhaps we should make a thread dedicating to researching actor's from the OT? That sounds nice to me.