Octuptarra Droid

Reaction score
Thanks for that - cool to finally see it in video format being manipulated by human hands.

heh "This is one big *** droit!" (your accent is awesome)

I just found out yesterday that my ma got this for my son and I for xmas.

Reaction score
Nice review, and it's a decent sized droid after it's legs are extended. It's a bit pricey for me at $35. My local WM has an end cap full of these since they were stocked. It doesn't look like they're moving well at least locally here. May be later down the line.

Reaction score
Found one of these on clearance for $18 at the local WM, so I bit. There were quite a few left on the shelves and don't appear to be moving fast at that price either.

Reaction score
King_Maul said:
Found one of these on clearance for $18 at the local WM, so I bit. There were quite a few left on the shelves and don't appear to be moving fast at that price either.
That's a great deal for something so substantial.

Reaction score
Finally got one of these yesterday and I'm impressed! Hopefully they do one in ROTS colours soon.

Reaction score
zapcity said:
Finally got one of these yesterday and I'm impressed! Hopefully they do one in ROTS colours soon.
In the new JediDefender Q&A they say:

"They are not too big to take down the repaint road, as long as the originals sell out. We are from that for the Octuptarra droid and at the current rate it looks doubtful that it will merit a re-release. "

If you really want a ROTS one, customization may be the way to go.

GNT

Reaction score
Have yet to see one yet but it's a shame Hasbro aren't considering a movie release for those wanting a movie accurate version.

Reaction score
GNT said:
Have yet to see one yet but it's a shame Hasbro aren't considering a movie release for those wanting a movie accurate version.
It's warming the shelves at every single Wal-Mart in town. I don't think that a repaint would be a prudent decision.

Reaction score
I agree, its just sitting here too. I don't know what they were thinking putting this thing on the shelves for $35 when its box is the same size as the $20 vehicles.

I'm waiting for them to go on clearance and then I will pick on up.

Reaction score
I forgot how big this thing looked in person. I was wowed by it at Comic Con this summer when I saw it in the case, and I'm wowed again when I got it out of the box today. If they would have spent the extra money to put this assembled into a display box I believe it would have sold through easier. That small box with high price point not knowing what's in it hurt it pretty bad. Gonna snap up a few more of these this week.

Reaction score
I went to my WalMart today. The star wars stuff is in disarray. But I found a few Oct droids with nothing to indicate a price change. Grabbed one and took it to the price scanner a few aisle over. Sure enough, $17.50.

Bought it up and was on my way. Good thing my son's birthday is Dec 29th. He always gets the big toys that have been discounted.

G

Ok so after about 4 months mine is strting so warp down by the feet. It's slowly crueling in so that sucks. Still it's a nice peice.

Reaction score
I don't have the room, but I am very tempted to buy a second on clearance just in case room magically appears

Reaction score
They were marked half off at the WM close to me too.I picked one up,but I'll probably keep it boxed.The pics I've seen of it make it look huge and I don't think Iwould have room for it.

Reaction score
Found these for $7 today at a Wal-Mart that is about 35 minutes from my house. They were marked with a clearance sticker that said $17 even, but they rang up for $7 each, so I picked up the 4 that they had left. I was able to get all four for about $25 total (I used a coupons.com $5 coupon).

Reaction score
great score bro! each of your octuptarras is still cheaper than the best discounted deal one can get on a figure (read: not vehicle) here in the philippines

Reaction score
I broke down and opened the one I bought a few days ago{even though I have no room for it}and it looks great,but I can't get it to stand up straight.

Reaction score
Where are people displaying these guys? I got one, and it's WAAAAAY bigger than I expected. It doesn't display in the detolf, and it won't fit on any of my shelves because it's just a little too bulky. I wanted to get a couple of these, but it's just too damn big! I don't know where to put it, other than like on the floor...?

Reaction score
My vehicles all wait patiently in the floor in front of my display shelves. Running out of room down there as well, and after picking this up, there is even less. I had no idea this thing would be so big, even after what I'd heard everyone saying. Picked it up on $17 clearance yesterday and am loving it. Like most new vehicles, it displays so nicely with the Realistic figures, which are the only ones I really collect, or my few CW figs. Wisht hey'd repaint it in a movie-accurate scheme, I'd buy it again, even if I didn't have the room to display it right away.

Reaction score
Right now I have 3 displayed in the box in the trunk of my car. My forth is currently on the floor in the spare room/game room/weight room. I have to move it around constantly, but it so awesome, so I don't mind.

Reaction score
Re: Octuptarra Droid Wal-Mart Exclusive

Tontus314 said:
Right now I have 3 displayed in the box in the trunk of my car. My forth is currently on the floor in the spare room/game room/weight room. I have to move it around constantly, but it so awesome, so I don't mind.
LOL, "trunk of my car"...a traveling Star Wars collection
. I got my first one of these today at WM, it was on sale at 50% off for $17.50. The AT-ST in the pic was also on sale for $22.

Reaction score
Tontus314 said:
Lol, almost as impressive as my trunk collection. Since X-Mas I've carried around (all NIB mind you) Y-Wing, V=19 Torrent Fighter and Battle of Christophsis BP (this one's been sitting in there for months, I should just sell it at this point). I only collect to give to my son and these were X-mas gifts that the wife vetoed. Trying to figure out how to sneak them in when she's not looking.

Went by Walmart this afternoon and picked up the Octuptarra(already have one), GI Joe Night Rave and Star Trek bridge playset all on clearance. That's six large boxes filling up the trunk. Good times.

Reaction score
Lifeinabox said:
Tontus314 said:
Lol, almost as impressive as my trunk collection. Since X-Mas I've carried around (all NIB mind you) Y-Wing, V=19 Torrent Fighter and Battle of Christophsis BP (this one's been sitting in there for months, I should just sell it at this point). I only collect to give to my son and these were X-mas gifts that the wife vetoed. Trying to figure out how to sneak them in when she's not looking.

Went by Walmart this afternoon and picked up the Octuptarra(already have one), GI Joe Night Rave and Star Trek bridge playset all on clearance. That's six large boxes filling up the trunk. Good times.
Send me a PM if you decided to get rid of that Battle Of Christophis Battle Pack

Reaction score
I might actually have you beat. Not only do I have the 3 Octo Droids, but also Wedge's X-Wing, 5 or 6 Walmart GI Joe sets, 6 Cody/Echo 2 packs, 4 Walmart Evo sets, and a Geonosis pilot/turret battle pack. I also have some speakers that are about 2 feet tall that I got for free at work, a mini cooler, some books, a pair of shorts, and some 2 liter bottles of Coke.

Reaction score
Tontus314 said:
I might actually have you beat. Not only do I have the 3 Octo Droids, but also Wedge's X-Wing, 5 or 6 Walmart GI Joe sets, 6 Cody/Echo 2 packs, 4 Walmart Evo sets, and a Geonosis pilot/turret battle pack. I also have some speakers that are about 2 feet tall that I got for free at work, a mini cooler, some books, a pair of shorts, and some 2 liter bottles of Coke.
Do happen drive a white van and offer those speakers for sale to random strangers in parking lots?

Ok, you win.

Reaction score
Lifeinabox said:
Do happen drive a white van and offer those speakers for sale to random strangers in parking lots?

Ok, you win.
Haha, I was actually propositioned by a "White Van speaker salesman" once while visiting Virgina Beach. I was stopped at a red light and he pulled up next to us as asked if we wanted some speakers. Knowing about the scam I immediately started to bust out laughing because I knew what was going on. He caught on quick and drove off, my wife was sitting there going, WTF was that?

If I had time, I would have strung him along for a while.

Reaction score
im gonna g grab one this weekend,i didnt think they would actually stand up,but the pics in this thred sold me. for 17 bucks its a great deal

Reaction score
I grabbed the last droid at the store today. It's very cool, and absolutely giant. It's really great! It'll look cool next to the Spider Droid when I get the latter out of storage.