Octuptarra Droid

Reaction score
MightyMegs said:
War_in_The_floor said:
Mark my words, the next time they use this mold it will be in the ARC-170/ Y wing higher pricepoint vehicle segment.
Exactly. If you don't pay $35 for it now, you'll be paying $65 in 2010... just look what Hasbro did with the $29.99 ARC Fighter.
I third this notion!

Somehow the Star-fighter asst has managed to stay around $20-$25, relying on repaints of recurring molds. But, once you leave that price-point, it's nothin' but uphill. The trend is very accurate, most notably the ARC and the Gunship. Now that Gunship has been "upgraded", it will easily fall into the $65 price-point.

The general reason behind the price hikes as been exclusivity (for the Gunship), however the Shadow ARC, being considered a place holder, is really baffling. It should in no way determine the success of the Y-Wing. Hopefully the Y-Wing will establish the price-point on its own, and the holiday shoppers will clear out the Shadow ARC.

As for the Octapurra, WMs here rarely clearance the way Target does, I guess if the thing had a red color scheme Target would have picked it up, and we'd all have one for $4.44. I havn't checked in a while, but if you put an endcap of one item at the back of the toy aisle, my gues is that no one will see it, and no one will want it, cuz it will be there the next time you run in to get milk.

Reaction score
fhs said:
MightyMegs said:
War_in_The_floor said:
Mark my words, the next time they use this mold it will be in the ARC-170/ Y wing higher pricepoint vehicle segment.
Exactly. If you don't pay $35 for it now, you'll be paying $65 in 2010... just look what Hasbro did with the $29.99 ARC Fighter.
I third this notion!

Somehow the Star-fighter asst has managed to stay around $20-$25, relying on repaints of recurring molds. But, once you leave that price-point, it's nothin' but uphill. The trend is very accurate, most notably the ARC and the Gunship. Now that Gunship has been "upgraded", it will easily fall into the $65 price-point.

The general reason behind the price hikes as been exclusivity (for the Gunship), however the Shadow ARC, being considered a place holder, is really baffling. It should in no way determine the success of the Y-Wing. Hopefully the Y-Wing will establish the price-point on its own, and the holiday shoppers will clear out the Shadow ARC.

As for the Octapurra, WMs here rarely clearance the way Target does, I guess if the thing had a red color scheme Target would have picked it up, and we'd all have one for $4.44. I havn't checked in a while, but if you put an endcap of one item at the back of the toy aisle, my gues is that no one will see it, and no one will want it, cuz it will be there the next time you run in to get milk.

...and further more, unless a prospective customer has been on these boards looking at the pics, they will have no idea how much more vehicle is packed into what appears to be the ssame size box, (looks a LIL bit thicker to me) so to them its just a 30% more expensive vehicle and will likely get skipped, once that plays out for a while, Hasbro and Wal mart will feel burned, put it in a nice big window packaging next time and charge twice as much for it

Reaction score
I just picked up this guy on my lunch break today along with a Cad Bane. Cad Bane came with some clone cash, so I'll be going back to Walmart and picking up another one for $5 cheaper!

Can't wait to get home and break him out of the box. He's going to be lonely for awhile though.

Reaction score
jedicrippler said:
As for display ideas, here's a couple. It's been in the second position since Tuesday at 4:30PM & hasn't budged.

Hahahaha!! That 2nd pic is awesome!! It's saying, "I don't know about you guys, but I'm outta here."

Reaction score
wiiwhitey said:
Mike_S said:
How big is the packaging in comparison to the Vulture Droid's?
Same exact size as all mide sized vehicles.
The box is just a bit thicker than that of the mid-sized vehicles. I thought $35 was a mistake/rip-off until I read through this thread. Hasbro should make the packaging bigger so people don't think this belongs in the Starfighter assortment.

The pictures in this thread have helped me make up my mind. I will definitely pick one up. (That will leave only about 20 of them at my local Wal-Mart!)

Reaction score
OhBe1 said:
Hasbro should make the packaging bigger so people don't think this belongs in the Starfighter assortment.
Unfortunately, that is a double edged sword.

While yes, you are correct that it gives t impression that you are paying more for the same thing, putting it in a bigger box would mean that they can fit less units in the same shipping unit. Thus raising the cost of shipping the item and therefore raising the cost of the overall unit.

Packing so much in a small box like that is one of the big reasons why they can keep the cost of this guy at such a price where we all think its a great value. Having to ship more dead space in each box just to make it bigger would mean they'd have to charge more for the figure because of higher shipping costs across the water and through the various retailers distribution networks.

Reaction score
This is one of the coolest "vehicles" Hasbro has put out. It was such a surprise, I didn't expect it to be so big! (That's what she said.)

I hope to get around to painting mine to the Mygeeto color scheme and add battle scarring. When I do, I'll post pics.

Reaction score
I can't wait to get this one! I'm gonna hit it with a little sheet of sand paper to help with the right off the assembly line paint job.

Reaction score
One of my local Walmarts put these out on an endcap. They are priced at $39.99. I guess I'm glad I had them shipped Site to Store for $35 each.

Reaction score
picked this bad boy up yesterday, JEEZ this F'er is huge. Definately worth the price. I hope they release this sucker again in ROTS colors.

Reaction score
I wish we could get a repaint of it in the color scheme from the Mygeeto battle pack. It's not a hugely different color palette from the Ep III design but it is slightly more sinister looking. Such a repaint is probably unlikely but I'd buy another one if they did it.

Reaction score
Nice score! I never see markdowns like that!
Btw, the octuptarra is a fantastic vehicle. Worth every penny I spent

Reaction score
I've see a few of the Occtuptaras around and I kinda want one,but I have no idea where I would put it.From the pictures I've seen it looks huge.

Reaction score
Picked one of these up last night for...$2! I couldn't believe the price when I scanned it.

I had previously bought one at the same store for $35 but returned it when they dropped the price to $20 (and used Clone Cash to drop it to $15). A couple of weeks later, and I find their last one for $2. Not sure if I want to return one for $15/20 (depends on how they treat the Clone Cash), or keep two for the grand total of $17 plus tax.

Reaction score
Ashtalon said:
Picked one of these up last night for...$2! I couldn't believe the price when I scanned it.

I had previously bought one at the same store for $35 but returned it when they dropped the price to $20 (and used Clone Cash to drop it to $15). A couple of weeks later, and I find their last one for $2. Not sure if I want to return one for $15/20 (depends on how they treat the Clone Cash), or keep two for the grand total of $17 plus tax.
That is one of the greatest deals I have ever heard of. Rivaling the $32 BMFs since they were clearanced after a long time. Congrats.

Reaction score
Ashtalon said:
Not sure if I want to return one for $15/20 (depends on how they treat the Clone Cash), or keep two for the grand total of $17 plus tax.
Well if there are more items on the receipt than the Octuptarra then you probably will get the whole $20 plus tax back. This works best at Target because at WM they cross out the return items so they really look at the receipt. Target just scans and returns...

Nice score btw, beats by 2 for $5 each! But I'm not complaining.

Reaction score
Thanks to a tip from Phantomrs, got the Octo droid at a local WM for $25.00. Took back the one I paid full price for.

Reaction score
easy... kept the original reciept (the one I paid $35 for) and took it and the droid back to WM...

Reaction score
When these first appeared at my local Wal-Mart a few weeks back there were 14 of them on the endcap, and all 14 of them are still there. I'm getting more confident about being able to get some of these on clearance.

Reaction score
Keller71 said:
When these first appeared at my local Wal-Mart a few weeks back there were 14 of them on the endcap, and all 14 of them are still there. I'm getting more confident about being able to get some of these on clearance.
I'm thinking the same thing too. I hope that this will clearance out when the AT-ST and Dewback arrive.

Reaction score
whoever finds the new evo packs for 5 dollars u are lucky. i really want the commandos one but i don't have/want to spend that much money for three figs.

Reaction score
theanimator said:
whoever finds the new evo packs for 5 dollars u are lucky. i really want the commandos one but i don't have/want to spend that much money for three figs.
What about 6.25 ? LOL that's what I found them for.

Reaction score
PizzatheHut said:
Keller71 said:
I'm thinking the same thing too. I hope that this will clearance out when the AT-ST and Dewback arrive.
That's good news! I want one but it is not even close to worth $35. I know some say it is, but it's just not. Not many people want CIS stuff that badly to take a reaming on the price.

I'm noticing a trend of overpriced exclusives not selling until they are clearanced out...

One local WM has EVERY SINGLE EVO pack that they receieved still on the shelves. And those are pretty cool packs in my opinion! Just not worth the price...

Reaction score
Finally opened up ours and one of the legs is wonky. Doesn't click at the joint that connects to the three ring piece. Collapses on one side just like our old tri-droid. Have to exchange for a new one.