Octuptarra Droid

Reaction score
hmmm. at thirty i probabley won't get it. still that thing is BIG! look at those figs in the background compared to the octuparra.

G

theanimator said:
hmmm. at thirty i probabley won't get it. still that thing is BIG! look at those figs in the background compared to the octuparra.
Are you kidding me? $30 is a steal for this!

Reaction score
Man, I hate walmart exclusives. Many never appear on the shelves. BBTS is pretty close to me, so I think they suck up a good chunk of their product and resell it.

I would love to get a couple of these guys.

G

DarthZylek said:
Man, I hate walmart exclusives. Many never appear on the shelves. BBTS is pretty close to me, so I think they suck up a good chunk of their product and resell it.

I would love to get a couple of these guys.
Walmart.com should have them up for sale with free shipping to store.

Reaction score
wiiwhitey said:
It looks like it's at the $20 price point since on the pack it shows vehicles that are at the $20 price point. I will buy for sure but why does hasbro have to include a damn cockpit? It's a droids of its own, they made the same mistake with the Homeing spider droid.
Well, it looks like you were wrong wiiwhitey. At least it's still a moderately priced item. Now it's up to Wal-MArt to actually stock this and the Dewback.

Reaction score
Gregorious said:
wiiwhitey said:
It looks like it's at the $20 price point since on the pack it shows vehicles that are at the $20 price point. I will buy for sure but why does hasbro have to include a damn cockpit? It's a droids of its own, they made the same mistake with the Homeing spider droid.
Well, it looks like you were wrong wiiwhitey. At least it's still a moderately priced item. Now it's up to Wal-MArt to actually stock this and the Dewback.
And all along I thought he was a well place Hasbro informant.

G

Well I was very close. I'ts just jacked up $10 more because it's an exclusive. The dewback is smaller than this and it's the same price. Im pretty sure the box is the same size as a mid-sized vehicle box. Great price thought, still will get one.

Reaction score
It looks really good, and the legs LOOK to be made out of hard plastic. I'll grab this one for sure.

GNT

Reaction score
If that's the correct scale my god the Octuptarra Droid is massive! A lot bigger then I thought that's for sure.

Reaction score
my estimate is if you get it to be as tall as you can get it to be, it would stand maybe 1 and a half feet tall give our take.

Reaction score
just thinking out loud... but if you look closely, it kind of looks like the droid is on a higher shelf than the figs. being an all glass case, it looks like it might be on the higher shelf and the figs on a shelf beneath

Reaction score
That's what I was thinking, but I didn't want to shatter anyones dreams

you can clearly see that the 'foot' doesn't sit right next to Waxer/Boil on the shelf below, meaning it muct be on a higher shelf.

Reaction score
joaeva said:
just thinking out loud... but if you look closely, it kind of looks like the droid is on a higher shelf than the figs. being an all glass case, it looks like it might be on the higher shelf and the figs on a shelf beneath
there is definitely a perspective issue but knowing that the head accomodates a droid it's at least as big as the spider droid and probably taller given that that the Legacy version's legs were at least three times the lengtg of the head. Pretty darn big.

Reaction score
fully agree.. I did have to really size it up first before my comment but I dont think it is as big as the initial view but bigger than the Legacy version

Reaction score
This looks good. I hope they didn't use any soft plastic on the legs. The small one is annoying but if this guy is that way my collection will become a bowling alley.

Reaction score
The size of this thing is staggering!
I will happily shell out $30 for something this size! I can't wait to display this, the HSD, and the Tank droid together against the Turbo Tank!
I sense pure awesomeness ahead!

Reaction score
Why isn't the eyes painted on it? The entire head/cannon-thingie is just a big greybrownish blob. I'll surely try to import one of these to Sweden, but for 30 bucks couldn't they at least have painted the eyes?

Reaction score
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
Why isn't the eyes painted on it?

[/QUOTE]

Because no eye parts are on this vehicle, you want red circles painted on this?

Reaction score
I know it is....but if you look it has no eye parts.

Anyway, Aurandil you're right atleast 50%, according to wookiepedia the Tri Droid has eyes on those parts above the guns.

The Octuptarra Droid is smaller than the Tri Droid so i guess this is the Tri Droid and the last one was the Octuptarra Droid

Reaction score
Well, Hasbro messed up the names from the start. The smaller on they released first was calles a Tri droid, even though it was the same size as an octuptarra droid. This bigger one is actually a Tri droid, but to avoid confusion Hasbro calls it an octuptarra droid, to avoid mix-ups. So they basically switched the names on the two.

And yes, I mean the two rods sticking up at the maingun, they should be painted red, as the smaller tri-droid was.

Reaction score
Aurandil said:
Well, Hasbro messed up the names from the start. The smaller on they released first was calles a Tri droid, even though it was the same size as an octuptarra droid. This bigger one is actually a Tri droid, but to avoid confusion Hasbro calls it an octuptarra droid, to avoid mix-ups. So they basically switched the names on the two.

And yes, I mean the two rods sticking up at the maingun, they should be painted red, as the smaller tri-droid was.
Exactly.

Reaction score
this thing is still big! when i saw the fig i thought "cool he comes with a fig!" then i read "for comparison only". oh well. love the colors and i also hope that the "eyes" will be fixed.

Reaction score
Pretty big, thought the crooked stance reminds a little too much of the Legacy version.

Reaction score
Jeez, and I thought the Homing spider droid was big. Looks like my Republic & CIS armies are starting to balance out.

GNT

Reaction score
Good to see a size comparison picture, I'm going to have Anakin slicing and dicing it so I hope it holds up.

Reaction score
Lifeinabox said:
Pretty big, thought the crooked stance reminds a little too much of the Legacy version.

Those legs have me worried.This went from a must to a maybe

Reaction score
As the slide said - 9/1 - grabbed one this morning for $35 minus $5 Clone Cash (I am REALLY loving Clone Cash!). I have been looking forward to this for a while, but I have the same concerns about the legs. I'll give a report (if no one beats me to it) after I open it tonight.

Reaction score
Lifeinabox said:

501st_Commander said:
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
Why isn't the eyes painted on it?
Because no eye parts are on this vehicle, you want red circles painted on this?

[/QUOTE]

look at this picture, it looks like it does have the eyes. The earlier picture I think had two small parts of the guns sticking up in the way of the "eye"

Reaction score
Wow, I didn't think this would be out so soon, but unfortunately for budget purposes, I think I'm going to have to skip this one.
It's either this or the new AT-ST, and I've been waiting longer for that vehicle.

Reaction score
OK, openned it.

1. It's f'in HUGE!!! I like that!!!
2. The legs are still 'wonky'. The joints are solid (they 'click' in position) but the feet are bent just slightly so they don't all hit the ground flat. Still, I gotta say, I'm very impressed overall! I may just get another!!

May I also say I'm jonesin' on my new rank! It only took 6 and a half years!

Reaction score
Wow, thanks for the comparison shots. This is definitely going to be the centerpiece of my CIS army.