Obi-Wan's Delta 2 Jedi Starfighter

GNT

Reaction score
Obi-Wan\'s Delta 2 Jedi Starfighter

Here's another vehicle for the Clone Wars toy line....

Reaction score
Re: Obi-Wan\'s Delta 2 Jedi Starfighter

I like it. The cockpit and Droid socket give it a "fresh" look.
However, since I already have the AOTC Delta-2 Jedi Starfighter from 2002 I will most likely wait for Anakin's Yellow Delta 2 Jedi Starfighter.

Reaction score

Tyrannusspotting said:
I like it. The cockpit and Droid socket look "fresh".
However, since I already have the AOTC Delta-2 Jedi Starfighter from 2002 I will most likely wait for Anakin's Yellow Delta 2 Jedi Starfighter.
Same here, no need for another Obi-wan fighter.

Reaction score

Captain_Piet said:
Wonder if it"ll fit in the hyperspace ring?
Possible but that won't prevent Hasbro to release another including the ring.

Reaction score

Wow, if this thing is teh same size and shape as the original, this will replace the original in my collection. DROID SLOT FTW!!! I really hope the droid actually fit sin the slot. And that his droid is released.

Reaction score

Looking forward to this, and the eventual re-use of this mold for Anakin's ship.

Reaction score

Eh. I really don't need another Starfighter. If it's in the CW movie, maybe I'll pick it up. If not, definitely not.

Reaction score

Hmmmmmmmmm. . . I have never bothered with acquiring a Jedi Starfighter due to my overwhelming annoyance and irritation at the built in droid. So, this is indeed very interesting. Kinda wish a different/better color scheme was coming out first. . . but maybe by the time this is released others will be announced. . . But yeah. . . I will definitely pick up one of these new and improved Starfighters to be sure.

Reaction score

wuclan said:
Looking forward to this, and the eventual re-use of this mold for Anakin's ship.
This and every other jedi.

Reaction score

Yeah, I think I'll buy at least one of those. Looks good.

Reaction score

Now we need an animated R4 to go with this ship. I hope that the droid fits a little better in this ship then the Ep3 starfighter.

Reaction score

DarthZylek said:
Now we need an animated R4 to go with this ship. I hope that the droid fits a little better in this ship then the Ep3 starfighter.
They should. Clone Wars droids--and Legacy's BADs, for that matter--are a bit shorter than previous astromechs. I wonder if that was a conscious decision to help 'em all integrate better with the vehicles?

Reaction score

It seems to me from the Jedi Insider picture, this starfighter is smaller that AOTC version.
------------------------
"Where is Skywalker?"

Reaction score

Notorious_Boba said:
It seems to me from the Jedi Insider picture, this starfighter is smaller that AOTC version.
------------------------
"Where is Skywalker?"
What in that picture against a white background gives you any concept of scale?

GNT

Reaction score

Love how the new Delta Starfighter looks animated and not realistic.

Reaction score

If the animated R2 mold does in fact fit in the socket, Hasbro is opening up a huge potential to do SO many repaints of this ship in the different color schemes of each jedi, then release a repainted R2 to match.

I thought that I read something about the wings pulling out on this ship, wonder what that looks like.

Reaction score

The only problem is that Obi wan dosen't fit in the ship he can't even sit beacause of lack of lower articulation.

Reaction score

He totally will fit. Have you bought any of the animated figures? The skirts are really soft and bend well.

Reaction score

i'm considering it get one since this Delta-7B has a pullable droid socket and indeed it looks a little better than the original Delta-7

Reaction score

looking at the pics it appears the droid socket cover is hinged and the cockpit window is hinged! a nice fresh look. A must buy

Reaction score

I wasn't going to buy this because I have the other 3 Obi ships already but I might as well be a completist for something. This one looks really good.

Reaction score

YES!!! New pic of the fighter shows the new animated R2 fill fit perfectly into the new fighter, now we really need the R4 repaint!

GNT

Reaction score

Good to see R2-D2 in place, I'm looking forward to this one hitting the shelves later in the year.

Reaction score

This is a great improvement over the last release. Thinking about getting this, or should I just wait for the eventual release of it with the hyperspace ring?.. hmmmm...

Reaction score

iceman95 said:
This is a great improvement over the last release. Thinking about getting this, or should I just wait for the eventual release of it with the hyperspace ring?.. hmmmm...
Good point on the hyperspace ring. I really wanted the TRU exclusive with ring, but couldn't bring myself to buy a ship I already owned for the ring. I think I'll pass on this one even though I like the design change.

Reaction score

I'll be more than happy to get this one, breakout my shiny purple paint and give good ol' Mace a new ride

Then again I may break out the Hot Pink paint, slap Bultar Swan in there and asign R2-KT to her ship

Reaction score

I'm happy with the regular TrU/AOTC version. What I do want tho is this mold in Anakin's classic colours...Plo Koon's, and yes, purple for my man, Mace!

Reaction score

Now we need a Saga Legend srelease of R4-P17 and an animated release and I'll be good to go.

Reaction score

Cmdr_Gree said:
I'm happy with the regular TRU/AOTC version. What I do want tho is this mold in Anakin's classic colors...Plo Koon's, and yes, purple for my man, Mace!
I agree. I would prefer to pick up those repaints than another Kenobi starfighter.

Reaction score

AbsoluteZero707 said:
Would the non-animated astromechs fit in this ship?
Good question. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

GNT

Reaction score

AbsoluteZero707 said:
Would the non-animated astromechs fit in this ship?
They should, since Hasbro said the vehicles would remain realistic and work for both the normal and the clone wars line. I haven't compared the asro droids in both lines but they should be roughly the same size.

Reaction score

I'd love to see how it looks when separated into two vehicles!

Reaction score

I love Jedi Starfighters so I am pumped that we are getting a new mold since I have brought every repaint of the AOTC and ROTS style ships so a new design is welcome in my eyes.

I just hope Hasbro doesn't go too overboard on the repaints this time around; Obi-Wan, Anakin and Plo Koon will do.

Reaction score

And purple for my man Mace!!!
And green for my man Kit!! Plo's is a no-brainer since we see it in the show, and with a Hyperspace Ring. Hmmmm...Blue for Aayla as well? Ummm...Orange for Saesee again too?
Actually, if there's a Jedi that flies one in hers/his own colours, then I want one.
This particular version of the ship is growing on me, and I'll definitely spring for it once its out. Hasbro really should make Hyperspace Rings the standard for these ships, especially now that they've got the mold.

Reaction score

wuclan said:
I'd love to see how it looks when separated into two vehicles!
yeah I'm curious about that too. maybe the droid section pops out and R2 has his own little speeder or escape pod. I can't see otherwise how it can be two separate vehicles at once

G

Im going to have to get this one now! Great looking ship.

Reaction score

Agreed. I really like the design. It will look great on my JSF shelf.