Obi--Wan vs. Anakin issues

Reaction score
I received my Obi-Wan vs. Anakin diorama yesterday and, while great, I've noticed a couple of small issues. I want to see if any other owners are experiencing the same thing so I can decide whether to exchange it or simply return it.

First issue is that when inserting Obi-Wan's hand, the peg actually comes through the arm, piercing the outer sleave and dislodging the paint and integrity. It now looks cracked and there's a bump where the peg is. It will surely flake off in time exposing the metal peg. It's not too noticeable unless you look at it closely but it does bother me. I don't know if this is just a design flaw or a fluke with mine.

Secondly, the hands for both Anakin and Obi-Wan are not tight at all. Anakin's could easily slip out.

Are either of these issues common? I'm leaning towards calling customer service but I want to see how prevalent this is regardless. It's a very nice piece but it's a shame these tiny details are detracting from it.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'll have mine on Tuesday, so I'll let you know then. Man, I hope there isn't anything wrong with it. For the $238.00 I spent on this, I'd love for it to be perfect. Is that to much to ask?

Reaction score
Mine will be arriving tomorrow, I'll be on the look out for these issues.

Reaction score
My Obi is fine but Anakin's hand does fit very loose (it is actually held in by a magnet) - I love the statue though. Awesome job!

Reaction score
Both Obi's and Anakin's hands are loose on mine, but I didn't notice any break-through. I boxed it back up, but now I'll have to re-open it and double check it.

The hands should have been much tighter. Both should have had magnets.

I hope they can send you a replacement Obi fig.

The statue is gorgeous. I love the scale that the figures are and all the details of burn holes in the outfits.
I'm suprised that there isn't a thread for this statue.

Reaction score
Just got done checking mine, no issues that I can see! I can see where the hands are a bit loose but since it won't be moving around once/if I find a place for it I'm not too worried. What a beautiful piece, I hope to have some pics of mine up tonight.

Reaction score
Nice pix!

Let me ask a dumb question - any possibility of being able to remove the
lava section?

Reaction score
Mine is enroute! I have a question though. What are the dimensions of this piece? I need to have a custom acrylic case made. The Sideshow website says 14 x 14 x 13. I just want to be sure that is correct before I order!

Reaction score
yodasan said:
Nice pix!

Let me ask a dumb question - any possibility of being able to remove the
lava section?
Thanks!

I don't think it is removable. The lava, the raft and the black pedestal base all look to be one cast piece instead of seperate ones.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Well, I just opened mine and it doesn't seem to have any problems at all. The hands are slightly loose, but they also have magnets in the hands to hold them in, so as long as they aren't falling out of the holes, I'm fine with it. I can see now why they couldn't ship them with their hands in, so it's all good. Well done Sideshow....I can't wait to get the Yoda Vs. Dooku and to see what you have up your sleeve for the next one.

Reaction score
mine arrived yesterday. i have been looking forward for this for a long time and was not dissapointed. its a real eye catcher.

Reaction score
Got mine yesterday too. The only problem I have is where to put it. I was just surprised the fedex guy let my mom sign for it since I was at work.

MAF

Reaction score
Sideshow kinda underestimated the finished height on this one--by about 2.5".
Including the base, it's about 15.5" tall.

That's more than an inch taller than I was expecting. Won't fit in the the spot I had set aside for it. Had a whole theme planned for that shelf too.

Bummer.

Reaction score
Well, at least yours arrived in one piece. My base was shattered. I hope they can get me a replacement. This thing was WAY bigger than I thought. I was expecting action figure sized figures.

Reaction score
jocco said:
Well, at least yours arrived in one piece. My base was shattered. I hope they can get me a replacement. This thing was WAY bigger than I thought. I was expecting action figure sized figures.
Get your call in to Sideshow quick. I'm still waiting to hear back on mine. It's definitely big. The other dioramas are more "action figure" sized. But I love this scale and the detail it affords. It's beautiful.

Reaction score
movieman78 said:
jocco said:
Get your call in to Sideshow quick. I'm still waiting to hear back on mine. It's definitely big. The other dioramas are more "action figure" sized. But I love this scale and the detail it affords. It's beautiful.
Yeah, I called them as soon as I opened it. I am still waiting to here back from there return department. This thing is really amazing. I hope I can get another one.

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your shattered base. I got one with a broken tunic on Anakin. Would like to just send Annie, but, I fear that I may have to send the whole thing back. Bought mine from an online retailer so I'm still waiting to hear back....

Reaction score
I heard back and they wanted me to send pictures of the damage and the edition number on the bottom of the base. I suggest you all get ahead of the game and do that.

I'm getting the impression you have to be very careful with this statue. Just putting Anakin back in the base last night after I took pictures for Sideshow, I felt his front lower left tabbard flap seperate slightly from the body. Nothing to0 serious--can't even tell--but it did freak me out.

Reaction score
Heard back from Sideshow again and they will be replacing my damaged Obi-Wan. The replacement is now on order. Once I receive the Obi-Wan (and it's only the body, by the way), I am to destroy my damaged Obi-Wan and provide pictures to Sideshow.

It all seems so naughty!!!!

Reaction score
movieman78 said:
Once I receive the Obi-Wan (and it's only the body, by the way), I am to destroy my damaged Obi-Wan and provide pictures to Sideshow.
Oh, now this is a rich opportunity. You have to come up with a fun way of destroying them. I wonder how the resin would respond to flame?
I would think the Sideshow folks have enough sense of humor to appreciate an outrageous "death" photo of your Obi-Wan.

Reaction score
Hedji said:
movieman78 said:
Once I receive the Obi-Wan (and it's only the body, by the way), I am to destroy my damaged Obi-Wan and provide pictures to Sideshow.
Oh, now this is a rich opportunity. You have to come up with a fun way of destroying them. I wonder how the resin would respond to flame?
I would think the Sideshow folks have enough sense of humor to appreciate an outrageous "death" photo of your Obi-Wan.
I think it calls for a visit to Hawaii. You take Obi and you throw him into the Lava.

Reaction score
So have other people gotten this? seems like it has not gotten much play here.

Reaction score
Just got mine and glad this piece is in my collection.I was always on the fence with it but now I'm hooked.Ill be pre order the Yoda vs Dooku from RE now.

Reaction score
I ummed and ahhhhed about this one as I wasn't so keen on the pose, and the 'cartoonish' lava - but spotted it for £132.49 from Forbiddeen planet and decided to give it a go. For anyone interested they still have them here (they only charge £2.50 for shipping in the UK!)

I had no problems with mine - it arrived in perfect condition.

Overall it's a great item and I'm pleased I picked it up - unfortunately it's just a half an inch bigger than I thought it was and it doesn't quite fit in where I planned to display it so it's gone back in the box until I sort that out. This is my first Sideshow item and I'm really looking forward to the Dooku/Yoda now

Reaction score
I've had the Obi Vs Ani diorama since they first shipped. Recently, I clipped Obi's blade as I was reaching across my desk. It broke right at the thinnest part of his lightsaber handle. Right above his thumb.

So I emailed SS and received a response three or four days later. They weren't sure if they could get another, they would get back to me.

First a week, then a week and a half goes by. Nothing.

Finally this last Monday I got a Ship notice in email from SS. No item name, No price, just the usual $7.95 shipping. What's this? Could it be? So it arrived yesterday. A brand new Obi Lightsaber arm!!!

Very cool. I wouldn't of minded paying a little since I broke it. And I damn sure don't mind paying for shipping. It came in a 6x6x9 in box bubble-wrapped to hell.

So Thank you Sideshow.

And no I didn't get instructions to send them photos of the destroyed lightsaber.

Reaction score
Leif said:
I've had the Obi Vs Ani diorama since they first shipped. Recently, I clipped Obi's blade as I was reaching across my desk. It broke right at the thinnest part of his lightsaber handle. Right above his thumb.

So I emailed SS and received a response three or four days later. They weren't sure if they could get another, they would get back to me.

First a week, then a week and a half goes by. Nothing.

Finally this last Monday I got a Ship notice in email from SS. No item name, No price, just the usual $7.95 shipping. What's this? Could it be? So it arrived yesterday. A brand new Obi Lightsaber arm!!!

Very cool. I wouldn't of minded paying a little since I broke it. And I damn sure don't mind paying for shipping. It came in a 6x6x9 in box bubble-wrapped to hell.

So Thank you Sideshow.

And no I didn't get instructions to send them photos of the destroyed lightsaber.
Awesome! I've said it before...SS's customer service is FANTASTIC!

MAF

Reaction score
Re: Obi--Wan vs. Anakin for $200

Wasn't sure where to post this, but settled on this thread.

For anyone on the fence about picking up this piece, BBTS currently has them available for $199.99.

BBTS Obi-Wan vs Anakin Diorama

Reaction score
Re: Obi vs. Anakin for $150!

MAF said:
BBTS now has the Obi vs. Anakin diorama for $149.99!
And now I'm suddenly debating whether I should own two SS dioramas...

$150 is such a deal. Lordy that's hard to pass up.

Reaction score

Shoot, for $150! I definitely got one!

Reaction score

thank you for the heads up! I just placed my order...

Reaction score

After seeing the QUALITY of the Yoda vs. Dooku (my 1st Star Wars SS piece, and my current FAVORITE piece in my collection) I'm SOOOOOO temped to pick up Anakin vs. Obi-Wan especially for that PRICE!!!!

Must resist, must save up $$$ for Duel of the Fates!

Reaction score

lordquigon said:
After seeing the QUALITY of the Yoda vs. Dooku (my 1st Star Wars SS piece, and my current FAVORITE piece in my collection) I'm SOOOOOO temped to pick up Anakin vs. Obi-Wan especially for that PRICE!!!!

Must resist, must save up $$$ for Duel of the Fates!
Let me just say that, this is a great piece to own. Obi face looks a little "asian" but its truly is an amazing piece and its HUGE TOO

Reaction score

Well I just order one.

Couldn't pass it up at that price (even though the shipping was kind of high compared to SWS).
Yes I got the Dooku vs. Yoda too.

I wasn't going to get into this line but at these price they are hard to pass up.

Reaction score

jedi_knite said:
Well I just order one.

Couldn't pass it up at that price (even though the shipping was kind of high compared to SWS).
Yes I got the Dooku vs. Yoda too.

I wasn't going to get into this line but at these price they are hard to pass up.
I hope to see the Duel of the Fates dio for the same price.

-theropod