Obi-Wan the strongest Jedi?

Reaction score
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/obi-wan-kenobi-most-powerful-165700626.html

With the tv show in the works, I saw this article on Yahoo today. Whoever wrote this is clearly not a real fan. Kenobi is powerful, yes, but Luke & Yoda were always the strongest. Apparently this writer failed to see Obi-Wan get his butt handed to him not once, but twice by Count Dooku, and he "needed the high ground" to defeat Anakin, who, along with Mace Windu, would also have been stronger Jedi.

Reaction score
While Obi-Wan is certainly no slouch, I was always of the understanding that Yoda, Mace Windu, and even Anakin Skywalker were of a significantly higher power level. It's just that a higher power level does not inherently determine the victor in a conflict. I was always of the belief that Anakin fell to Obi-Wan on Mustafar not because Obi-Wan was more powerful...or even a better duelist. Obi-Wan was smarter, calmer, and more tactical in the fight. Anakin was clouded by rage at that moment, he wasn't thinking...and was far too arrogant, causing his defeat. Was Luke? Not so sure in ANH and ESB, but possibly above Obi-Wan by ROTJ. Qui-Gon Jinn is my wild card. I don't know where he fits in as far as power ranking. I would say that Obi-Wan Kenobi is a more skilled and able Jedi that any others I haven't mentioned though.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Never got that impression from the Prequel.

Then again, never got the impression how Prequel-Anakin remotely resembled “a cunning warrior” either. Or that Yoda was anyone worthy of admiration-- sort came across clueless. All the jedi were jerks/snobs/nitwits. Until Dave’s TCW. Then Anakin became that charming, rebellious, compassionate, selfless and “cunning warrior”. And Obi-Wan finally developed a playful and debonair personality. Dave saved these Prequel characters. Although still never got the impression Obi-Wan was the strongest jedi of them all. Don’t think he was ever meant to be.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I’m sure whatever Disney comes up with it won’t be what I wanted to see. It seems so simple but Disney let’s people come in and make there ideas and visions for these classic SW characters and they usually no nothing about them and the stories they come up with never ever resemble what a simple classic SW story should look like.