Obi-Wan Kenobi

Reaction score
Here is the head on the Legacy figure.

The neck hole needs to be tapped slightly larger.
Also I repainted all the hair, redid the eyes (need to touch them up).

Reaction score
Great job Strobeeone!! I did the same but didn't repaint the head (yet) :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I really like what I'm seeing there!
Now I'll have to hunt me down an Oni-Wan, darn it!

Reaction score
Can't wait for this figure to hit my area. Do not have a 3.75" ANH Ben yet (unless the 1978 Kenner one counts!), and hoping to change that soon.

Reaction score
Obi-Wan and Yoda wound up in my hands yesterday. Yoda's great; I love the face sculpt on this Obi-wan but he'll definitely see some customizing in the not too distant future. The rest of the figure is kind of.. wonky, looking.

Reaction score
Would have preferred strait arms like the rest of the 5 POA line.

Reaction score
I keep thinking I'm gonna run into Ben, and Yoda, any day now. The shelves are primed for a restock..........but they just sit there.........empty lol......

Reaction score
Can't wait for this figure to hit my area. Do not have a 3.75" ANH Ben yet (unless the 1978 Kenner one counts!), and hoping to change that soon.
Got one today at Target! Absolutely love this guy! And despite hearing some people's complaints, I love the ability to do a two-handed saber pose. Almost got the Yoda they had as well, but it's just not different enough from the 2013 version in my opinion.

Reaction score
That looks excellent. I'd love to see the 5 POA branch out into soft goods. However, that would probably cost prohibitive.

Reaction score
Softgoods worked on a number of figures in previous years, but I'm glad they went with a plastic cloak on Ben, so the hood sits properly. Same goes for the Vader with Probe Droid - the plastic cape looks so much better than the Vader that came in the Mission Series line. Its probably a good move to leave softgoods in the SA 3.75 line and 6 inch lines, and leave the basic figures all plastic.

Reaction score
Spotted Obi-Wan (and Yoda) tonight up here at Superstore. They were priced wrong at C$29.94. So you will need a manager and some Jedi Mind Trick skills. :)

JVM

Reaction score
Picked up Ben and Yoda and was really surprised by this guy. A much better figure than I could have imagined, especially the head sculpt.

I'm definitely torn on the arms. I've come to like the neutral posing sometimes for the 5POA Jedi/Sith characters, but it is satisfying to see a good two-hand grip as well...

Reaction score
Finally found Obi-Wan, along with Yoda, at my local HEB Superstore (TX based grocery chain). What's even better? They were only $1.99! (I'm sure someone will chime in and call me a thief, but that's what they rang up, I didn't check to see if they were marked at that price).

Really dig this figure (and I am not much a 5POA fan) and I was also surprised how much I liked Yoda. The "dot matrix" paint job isn't noticeable to the naked eye (at least to my old eyes).

Reaction score
Saw him at my TRU this morning. I'll wait a little before picking him up (and will hopefully find another one.)

I'm overspent right now. :p

Reaction score
Saw him at my TRU this morning. I'll wait a little before picking him up (and will hopefully find another one.)

I'm overspent right now. :p
You really should buy him if you get the chance to. Such an awesome figure.

Reaction score
You really should buy him if you get the chance to. Such an awesome figure.

I got home and I kind of regretted not getting him. I don't have a good 3 3/4 inch Kenobi :( Ah well, hopefully he won't be any more difficult to find than Rogue One Vader was. I actually got him at Ross for like four bucks.

Anyway, I've got a good consolation prize on the way. I got a deal on the 6 inch old Ben from Amazon Warehouse deals. Damaged packaging or something so I got a discount. I can't wait until he arrives. :)

Reaction score
I got home and I kind of regretted not getting him. I don't have a good 3 3/4 inch Kenobi :( Ah well, hopefully he won't be any more difficult to find than Rogue One Vader was. I actually got him at Ross for like four bucks.

Anyway, I've got a good consolation prize on the way. I got a deal on the 6 inch old Ben from Amazon Warehouse deals. Damaged packaging or something so I got a discount. I can't wait until he arrives. :)
Nice! Kenobi’s one of my favorite Black Series yet! If you still want the 3.75” one, keep checking Amazon. Preorders have been going in and out the last week or so.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Cool. I went back fully expecting him to be gone and they put more out since yesterday.

They actually had a sale going today, but I didn't get anyone else. I've got 3PO's, Yoda's, and Chewy's out the ***. I can't justify picking up any more of those guys, lol.

Reaction score
There was two on the pegs today over at Walmart, plus two Yoda's. I bought the Kenobi's. The head sculpt is pretty good.

Reaction score
Got notification from Amazon that my pre order for Obi Wan and Yoda for Dec 19th just shipped yesterday so i should have it today.

Reaction score
this looks a great version. I wish we had a nice side by side with previous versions. It's irritating to me that sites put up photo breakdowns but don't give you comparisons with older figures. To me that's the real insight when doing that sort of thing, yet they don't do it. IMO this is better than the Legacy version.

Reaction score
this looks a great version. I wish we had a nice side by side with previous versions. It's irritating to me that sites put up photo breakdowns but don't give you comparisons with older figures. To me that's the real insight when doing that sort of thing, yet they don't do it. IMO this is better than the Legacy version.
Agreed, I desperately miss when the photo archives did side by sides with previous versions. It doesn't even have to be all of them, just the last couple or one would be great.

Reaction score
Well, probably because the previous version would be Vintage figure by Kenner. :grin:

But I agree, the archives aren't what they used to be.

Reaction score
I think they got the hairline and thinness more accurately on the Black Series die cast version. But the face sculpt on this figure is overall better.

Reaction score
How do you figure that? There have been tons of Obi-Wans in the modern line.
Because this is a 5POA figure, which hasn't been done since then. Though I guess some would count the POTJ figure too, but i still considered all those as "Kenner" era figures. There hasn't been a modern non PT "Ben" Kenobi that was 5POA until now. They've all been SA, which I consider different enough to be non comparable to 5POA. When it comes to comparing figures, I don't mingle these two together. I'm sure it's just me that does this though. Comparing this figure to the Legacy one seems like inaccurate assessments IMO. If they released a brand new SA figure this year, I could see comparing it to the Legacy figure. But for this one, the only comparable figure would be the POTJ figure. That's just how I see it.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Both this and the recent Emperor sculpts look so good, but that dang square crotch ruins it for me. If they had a seamless skirt (either no articulation or a soft rubbery plastic dress with the articulation at the hips underneath) I'd buy both.

Reaction score
Both this and the recent Emperor sculpts look so good, but that dang square crotch ruins it for me. If they had a seamless skirt (either no articulation or a soft rubbery plastic dress with the articulation at the hips underneath) I'd buy both.
This! Same goes for the TLJ General Hux figure, I hate how they cut up his skirt for the articulation :(

Reaction score
I was so excited to get him to the car and open him along with Yoda. His left arm though, will not stay in place, and I am so aggravated!!:mad:

Reaction score
I like the addition of the loop at the bottom of the lightsaber hilt to hook onto a belt hook if the figure had a belt hook