Obi-Wan Kenobi

Reaction score
I'm a bit confused here. Wat assortment are Ben and Yoda part of? None of the first 2?

Reaction score
I'm a bit confused here. Wat assortment are Ben and Yoda part of? None of the first 2?
Kenobi and yoda are the only 2 "new" figs in the "teal" aka hux/c3po wave 2, but it's more like a revision case. Reissues are hux, chewie, rose and 3po, Paige is only in "teal" wv1 s on far. Luke, finn, poe, kylo, try and stormy are "orange" wv1. "Orange" wv 2 is leia, luke [dark] , rey [island], dj, r2d2 and jyn [repack unknown. could be new]

Reaction score
I hope they don't re-use that r2 from the force Awakens 2-pack. I bet he comes with a few porgs.

Reaction score
If they re-use an R2, they should re-use the one from the Yoda Mission series. The paneling on that figure was better than pretty much any R2.

Reaction score
Saw the case tonight. It's street-dated 10/1. Absolute unworkable insanity considering most of the case contains 9/1 figures. Stores are now expected to leave their pegs empty when they have valid product to sell. This will also slow sales and prevent more shipments coming in. And the idea that Walmart employees will remember to bring these out on the right day is laughable as we all know. Just like with 6" wave 2, most stores seem to be ignoring these rolling street dates.

Reaction score
Saw the case tonight. It's street-dated 10/1. Absolute unworkable insanity considering most of the case contains 9/1 figures. Stores are now expected to leave their pegs empty when they have valid product to sell. This will also slow sales and prevent more shipments coming in. And the idea that Walmart employees will remember to bring these out on the right day is laughable as we all know. Just like with 6" wave 2, most stores seem to be ignoring these rolling street dates.

Can you confirm the character assortment?

Reaction score
It's insanity. This is also occurring with 3.75" black series. They are showing up in Walmarts with an 11/1 street date :rolleyes:

Reaction score
I just want the robe on, hood down look of the original POTF2 figure.

Reaction score
JTA posted a photo review of him. Not saying anything about the actual color of the hair... the paint on the hair and beard... leaves something to be desired. :-/

Reaction score
I ended up returning both today. Just feel like I have enough Yoda and Ben figures. These are just too redundant.

Reaction score
I feel like I have things pretty well covered with my current Ben kenobi gang....I have four....any more and it's just going to feel silly.

Reaction score
No offense to anyone who likes this figure, but it's a hot mess. That scruffy beard looks like it should be on Uncle Owen.

Reaction score
picked it up last night at the Walmart on Route 9 in Old Bridge along with Yoda. I like the figure, not one of the best but still a nice figure to own. the voice chip sounds great as well.

Reaction score
Probably not. only the shoulders are ball jointed. Plus the Vintage Collection Phantom Menace Obi Wan can barely hold a lightsaber with both arms. you can only pretty much display show off young Obi Wan with just one arm holding the lightsaber.

Reaction score
Weird. The intention of the bend arms and different joints seem to imply the intent was for him to be able to hold it with two hands. Doesnt make much sense otherwise.

Reaction score
Kenobi and yoda are the only 2 "new" figs in the "teal" aka hux/c3po wave 2, but it's more like a revision case. Reissues are hux, chewie, rose and 3po, Paige is only in "teal" wv1 s on far. Luke, finn, poe, kylo, try and stormy are "orange" wv1. "Orange" wv 2 is leia, luke [dark] , rey [island], dj, r2d2 and jyn [repack unknown. could be new]

ouch. Hux,Chewie,Rose, and 3PO are the early pegwarmers in my area.

Reaction score
Wow, just saw this guy in person....I think I might pick him up. He's incredible looking. I would have preferred hood down but either way, wow the likeness is amazing.

Reaction score
That head is really bad, IDK how this made it through when so many other figure have great head sculpts!
Put the Saga 2 or Resurgence head on this and it's 100% better.

Reaction score
Really? Just curious, what don't you like about it? While I haven't been able to find one yet, I think it looks pretty good.

Reaction score
Maybe it's the photo, but the face looks like something form a happy meal toy or a knockoff. Not something Hasbro has been doing for TLJ.
The beard is very badly painted, and has some weird mesh look to it. Like I said before, it looks more like Owen's 5 O'clock shadow looking beard than Obi-Wan's full gray beard.

Reaction score
Ah I see. Apparently they used the same "dot matrix" printing technology that they use on their Marvel Legends (and plan to use on TBS6" next year) on this figure, or at least that's what JTS is claiming. It certainly looks like it. Like I said, I haven't seen the figure in person, but I chalked the weirdness up to this photo being almost three times the size of the actual figure. Can anyone who actually has this figure comment on the appearance in hand?

Reaction score
I just picked him up yesterday and I didn't look closely enough to notice the dots. BS Rey I noticed immediately.

I'll say this, I was going to pass on this figure but the head sculpt is amazing. Best Ben kenobi yet.

The frustrating thing is han bespin ends up with an awful paint job ruining the sculpt where as this one looks amazing. Whichever factory puts out the two packs needs to up their game.

Reaction score
I just picked him up yesterday and I didn't look closely enough to notice the dots. BS Rey I noticed immediately.

I'll say this, I was going to pass on this figure but the head sculpt is amazing. Best Ben kenobi yet.

The frustrating thing is han bespin ends up with an awful paint job ruining the sculpt where as this one looks amazing. Whichever factory puts out the two packs needs to up their game.
Is one made in Vietnam and the other China? That could explain away some of the differences.

Reaction score
Is one made in Vietnam and the other China? That could explain away some of the differences.
I think that's been the case. The RO stormtroopers from the 2-packs has more paint apps than the single carded release. Could also explain 2-pack Rey vs single carded.

Reaction score

Picked one up? Where?